Show off your collection

Here I most of my Bogut PC
not including base/inserts and some g/u

will try get some better pics over the week end
the wooden display was my first attempt at making something from wood since high school

20130809_180653.jpg

20130809_180709 (1).jpg

20130809_180728.jpg

20130809_180741.jpg

20130809_181118.jpg

20130809_181428.jpg

ok.
here's what I have gathered up over the last .. say 10 months.
got back into the hobby maybe 20 months ago and was keen on collecting all the stars (KD) but quickly realised this was no where near my budget..
so I scanned the NBA's newest players and saw nikola posting some solid numbers from my favourite team in the 90's, early in the 12-13 season and thought I had a chance at getting most of his cards. his prices have more than doubled since then and now im finding it real hard to get his best cards. NT is really making it even harder for me. :(
but ill plod along, his true RPA is to /199 and I think I should be able to pick one up in a month or two at a much better price. little chance at the /25 and the logoman is simply a pipedream..
2- 1/1's
2- /5
2- /10
11- /25
but without further chit chat.

PC in one pic. 58 cards. I think.. out of a possible 150 (sooo many parallels these days...)
DSCF4312.JPG

close ups on some better ones.
treasures is 10/10
exquisy
and black Friday hoops 2/5
DSCF4331.JPG

certified green auto. 2/5 only need the black.
and black base 1/1 only need the green..
DSCF4318.JPG

prizmy prizms 4/25 GS platinum RPA 1/10
DSCF4326.JPG
DSCF4321.JPG

and preferred books.
1/1 taggy goodness. love this card.
and the patch version 21/25 (still need the normal one)
DSCF4317.JPG

and on a side note (PC) when the dollars allow.
DSCF4337.JPG

so there it is.
hope this scratches nicks itch till some better ones come along. ;)

Great collections fellas, you've brought some hope back that there are still some true collectors around here :D

I spent 2 hours last night with a pair of snips and a screwdriver busting open bgs cases so I'll get some video happening later on.

Great collections fellas, you've brought some hope back that there are still some true collectors around here :D

I spent 2 hours last night with a pair of snips and a screwdriver busting open bgs cases so I'll get some video happening later on.

Video? Hope people have a spare hour to watch it haha

Um... I couldn't possibly photograph my entire wolves PC in one photo... ROFL and the video would be longer than yours verse ha ha! I have gone to the trouble of making a folder in my photobucket... which has a lot of my pc cards, but not all.... But what I will do is make a video of my Anthony Morrow PC, as it is my current true passion, just give me a little while heh heh

this is an older photo of my folders - these contain all of my wolves base, my Isaiah Rider, Doug West and Malik Sealy PCs, a lot of wolves autos, and game used as well... I have changed things up since then... but its just to give you an idea ha ha

hello, got a huge pc, but have not got the time to put it up atm, am an old school collector and only let my doubles go, would love to add to my collection but had a baby boy coming on 2 years ago now so moneys been tight, so its been hard seeing some sweet cards but not having the funds to chase them lol, but would not trade it for the world, even tho their are many days i am looking at box's and thinking man i'd love to do a big bust again lol

Well it took some doing getting everything out of the lock-up but here are some pics! Unfortunately I don't have anything on display but do try to take care with the presentation of my collection even if everything permanently resides in storage boxes...

I've kept almost every single auto & GU card that I've bought (and busted!) since getting back into the hobby a little over 2 years ago (while base and inserts are generally relegated into random shoebox purgatory).

It's taken quite a lot of ongoing organisation but I think I've got a system in place now.

Here are all the PC cards (folders containing RC's/Low-end MJ/90's inserts/#'d parallels not pictured):

IMAG1148_1_zps3d96b7ab.jpg

Each black box holds autographs (and some jerseys/patches) from the respective set displayed on the box top. Sets include: Gold Standard, Prizm, Select, Preferred, Exquisite, ATG, Ultimate, Leaf etc. - basically anything I've busted a lot of and/or have enjoyed enough to add singles to. One box is also dedicated to non-sport (Marvel sketches/Celebrity Cuts). That little red box is a custom case I cobbled together to hold my MJ Fleer 86 RC & sticker :) hehe, cute.

IMAG1150_1_zpsc4ddedc1.jpg

The Jordan suitcases hold high-end sets including 50 Greatest autos, Ultimate Signatures, TC Gold Rookies, MJ/Kobe/Lebron/Kyrie/Durant/Rose PC's. Another of the cases is 3/4's full with Prizm Gold cards - I think I have a little over 1.5% of all the Prizm Golds made and nowhere near completing the veteran set I was initially chasing :rolleyes: lol!

IMAG1149_1_zps8fb8eb7b.jpg

Pretty much everything I deem high-end is encased in a magnetic and poly bag. All other autos/patches are in a sleeve/toploader/team bag.

I'm a little behind due to some recent breaks, but almost every mid to high end and PC card has been pictured and catalogued (name, set, year, serial #, $BV) using a handy little iPad app called 'Itemizer', which allows me to browse through the virtual collection without pulling out boxes and folders all the time! Photobucket simply serves as a backup visual reference. Give Itemizer a shot, it's awesome :)

bf8e9ad05c70ac2cd8b48037f245096c_zps259c5c40.jpg

f599ee8af318e480de8eb863c3f094d7_zps782dd018.jpg

A little side PC... ;)

IMAG1151_1_zps34eb6cf9.jpg

I hope you guys have enjoyed looking at a stack of boxes hahaha! Cards can be viewed in my bucket as I honestly couldn't put together group pics of everything :D

So that's my cards and a little insight on how I personally enjoy the hobby... don't get me started on the sneakers :(

Great PC's everyone - keep them coming! :thumbsup:

After having a chat to Gary earlier it got me inspired to see pics or vids of your entire personal collections.
Post a couple pictures of your entire collection together in a group shot or make a video showing them off.

I'll be doing a video of mine on the weekend once I bust open all my BGS cases and sleeve them all.

Okgo!

haha so my little sneak peek trial video had nothing to do with it at all? all gary aye lol.

Back
Top Bottom