Shout out to all OCT members... HELP ME!!!

w4nted

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
Gday folks!

I enquired with Graham a few weeks ago as to whether it was ok to seek donations on the forum, but havent had a reply. And seeing another member has posted about it i figure it must be ok....

So help me and thousands of blokes out!!! Get behind a fantastic cause. Sooner or later either depression or cancer will affect either you or someone you know. Its a said fact of life, but its fact :( Help find a cure by getting behind the cause a throwing a few $$$ towards my goal of $1000.

I take the cause and Movember pretty seriously. Last year i raised $730 and this year i want to break $1000.

Im yet to donate to myself, which i always do (and have already donated $50 to a mates tally). To make it interesting, i will double the biggest donation i recieve from a member on here!! Thats right... if the biggest donation from here is $5, i'll donate $10... if its $50, i'll donate $100. So... who is going to get the ball rolling?!?! Please guys... this really is a good cause!

Click on this MOVEMBER link to get the ball rolling - Just click the 'Donate to Me' button. Donations can be made via credit card or Paypal. If you cant do either of those, i will accept direct deposit and then make a donation in your name with my card. All donations $2 or more are tax deductable.

I really thank you all in advance!!!

Picture updates will commence tomorrow (have to start clean shaven tomorrow).

Re: Movember - Get behind it!

Just to add, ive raised $240 so far... so already well on the way to pass last years figure. With your help it should be easy! And remember... i'm doubling the biggest donation made to me by an OCT member - CLICK THIS LINK and hit the DONATE TO ME button in the top left corner to get the ball rolling!

Hey folks... ive posted up some pics (day 1 & 4). I'll be regularly posting updates.

Please dig deep and help out a great cause!! PLEASE?!?!? Just pass on one card or perhaps donate the same amount as your next purchase... every $ counts. Hopefully OCT can open their hearts and their wallets/paypal accounts and spare something... And hopefully my offer of doubling the biggest donation from OCT doesnt turn out to be $0

Thanks heaps in advance guys and girls!!

Hey Matt great work mate, very worthy cause, I did it last year and raised $100, not much but was great to participate and word of mouth is a very powerful tool, every person that asks what is the mo for can be informed of the reason for movember. I'm doing it this year but have had some personal issues myself so haven't been able to register on mospace so I'll make a donation for you next week. Good luck and hope you smash the $1000 mark!!!

To anyone out there suffering from depression, it takes a strong person to admit it and seek help, it's not weak that's for sure, that's old fashioned bull****.

:thumbsup:

Hey Matt great work mate, very worthy cause, I did it last year and raised $100, not much but was great to participate and word of mouth is a very powerful tool, every person that asks what is the mo for can be informed of the reason for movember. I'm doing it this year but have had some personal issues myself so haven't been able to register on mospace so I'll make a donation for you next week. Good luck and hope you smash the $1000 mark!!!

To anyone out there suffering from depression, it takes a strong person to admit it and seek help, it's not weak that's for sure, that's old fashioned bull****.

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear mate. I really hope things pickup for you!! Thanks in advance for the upcoming donation!! :thumbsup:

wils2k has got the ball rolling! Big thanks to you!!! :kick: Hopefully its going to be the start of many!!

Day 5s Mo-gress pic will be up shortly (much the same as yesterdays :lol: ). Hopefully after another shave to tidy up tomorrow it'll start to resemble something! :D

well done dude, its great to see people doing things like this for a good cause. I look forward to seeing the final outcome.

I wore a purple bra to work on the Purple Bra day for breast cancer awareness. The thing is I dont have a normal office job - I am a house building site supervisor so Im out and about all day driving from site to site and suppliers and the likes. I went to every site our company has on the ground (Im 1 of 3 supervisors, running 20+ houses each at any one time). Also went to a few suppliers that I hit up for donations as well and raised a touch over $400. My company as a whole (other divisions/towns) raised just over $7000, so my $400 was a large % considering the number of employees we have. It was great fun and I'll be doing it again next year and aiming for $600+

---------- Post added 06-11-2010 at 11:18 AM ----------

by the way, I suggest you take a photo everday (looks like you have pretty much done that so far) but set up a camera and try to look as similar as possible to each photo so you can do a cool time lapse mo-grow video at the end of it all. It would make a cool avatar if you turned it into a gif.

Hey Matt,

I'd love to donate but I got no money in my PayPal account and I don't have a credit card...so can you send me the details of what I need to do.

Can't donate much but I really want to help. My cousin took her own life earlier this year, my mum has been diagnosed with mild depression and I've had it a few times throughout my life too so it's a near and dear cause for me. A really important person in my life also lost her battle with breast cancer on Tuesday so I want to do this for her too.

Cheers

Thanks Ping! Ive sent you a PM.

If anyone doesnt have Paypal or a credit card im more than happy to make the donation in your name (tax receipt will be in your name and sent to you) if you want to direct deposit it to my account. Ive done that for a few people who want to make the donation but dont have the ability to.

I use the Movember app on my iPod to take the photo each day. So positioning is a little hard to make it identical... plus ive got sideburns starting to sprout to compliment the Mo and the Mo itself actually goes right under my chin. So want to highlight that as it starts taking better shape. But i will try to have it similar each day so the time lapse video looks ok :D The Movember app actually allows you to create the video. So looking forward to seeing it!!

Keep the donations rolling in!!!!

To show how serious I am about this cause, myself and a good mate of mine will be completing a Murry River trek. We'll be kayaking the length of the Murray (Its about 2000km of navigable river i think he said). It will take 30days to complete averaging 6-7km/h a day. We were hoping to complete this next year, but due to my work im unable. Ive got my final (train) driver exams in November next year. So we will be doing it in 2012. Also gives us time to train and get plenty of backing for it.

Ive updated with plenty of Mo-gress pics! Check out the link!!! While you are there.... please spare some $$$ and donate!! Im doubling the biggest donation I get from here!! And so far ive got a few from here!! But someones gotta stretch me... biggest so far is $20, so i'll be donating $40. Who can top it????

Thanks everyone!! :D Its coming along really well! Donations are still rolling in... but i still need a few more to get to the 1k mark!! So im begging for your support!!!! Please donate! I WILL double the biggest donation i receive from here. Please post on here if you have made a donation. There are a few names who have donated that im not familiar with... so just need to make sure i know which ones are from OCT

Day 22 update pic is now uploaded too!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom