ShipMyCards - USA Address and Shipping Service

Anyone else having any issues accessing the smc website lately?

I get a 'Your connection is not private' error when visiting the site now, stating the sites security cert expired. When I attempt to bypass, it doesn't let me login.

It was working earlier today, but when I put through a paypal topup I got an error as soon as I returned to the SMC site and the funds haven't been recorded on the account, but the money has been taken/received paypal conf. Also stopped receiving alert emails for every delivery in the past month.

Anyone else having any issues accessing the smc website lately?

I get a 'Your connection is not private' error when visiting the site now, stating the sites security cert expired. When I attempt to bypass, it doesn't let me login.

It was working earlier today, but when I put through a paypal topup I got an error as soon as I returned to the SMC site and the funds haven't been recorded on the account, but the money has been taken/received paypal conf. Also stopped receiving alert emails for every delivery in the past month.
Apparently there was a site upgrade yesterday and it's caused some issues. There was some discussion about it in their fb group

Had a slightly negative experience with SMC this morning.

I reached out to the to ask how to get a shipping quote as this is my first shipment. I followed the instructions I was given and discovered this morning that I had been locked out of my account because I didn't have the funds to cover the $150 or so usd shipment cost. Whilst I paid the amount straight away, it's not really ideal since it was a quote I was after. I feel it would be better if they could update the cost details in your shipment request without having to immediately commit to those costs. That way, you can go into your request, review it, add the funds to cover it and then confirm it without being locked out of your account. I'm not disappointed or anything but it just seemed a strange way of doing things.

Had a slightly negative experience with SMC this morning.

I reached out to the to ask how to get a shipping quote as this is my first shipment. I followed the instructions I was given and discovered this morning that I had been locked out of my account because I didn't have the funds to cover the $150 or so usd shipment cost. Whilst I paid the amount straight away, it's not really ideal since it was a quote I was after. I feel it would be better if they could update the cost details in your shipment request without having to immediately commit to those costs. That way, you can go into your request, review it, add the funds to cover it and then confirm it without being locked out of your account. I'm not disappointed or anything but it just seemed a strange way of doing things.
Sounds like you did a shipping request and not a quote.

How long ago did you do the request?

A few days ago. Maybe they gave me the wrong instructions?

Personally, quotes take forever...requests much quicker.

Did you select this? I did a quote last year and after 3.5 weeks of waiting, i cancelled it because i was impatient and was adding more stuff.

1655786839253.png

A few days ago. Maybe they gave me the wrong instructions?

But even if you do a shipping request, you still don't really know what the charge is going to be so how do you know how much to put in your account?

That's why I think you should still be able to go into the shipping request, view the updated charges, add the necessary funds to your account and then confirm the shipment.

But even if you do a shipping request, you still don't really know what the charge is going to be so how do you know how much to put in your account?

That's why I think you should still be able to go into the shipping request, view the updated charges, add the necessary funds to your account and then confirm the shipment.

True. I had enough lucky to cover. That part of it is shit.

And even as attached, the quote only does cards and not your inventory. Hmmm my bad, that's not good...but it is what it is

I just bit the bullet and prayed i had enough ha

Personally, quotes take forever...requests much quicker.

Did you select this? I did a quote last year and after 3.5 weeks of waiting, i cancelled it because i was impatient and was adding more stuff.

1655786839253.png

Nah, I think i must have selected Fed Ex. Still, I think the shipment request process is a bit strange.

There is an option in the shipping option drop down for a quote only. Sounds this this is more what you were looking for.

We are working on being able to price out postage electronically prior to shipping request for all shipments, but the size/weight of misc items and the “lots” have put a delay in this currently.

26092103-4094-4194-831E-5BD390FEA9C7.jpeg

There is an option in the shipping option drop down for a quote only. Sounds this this is more what you were looking for.

We are working on being able to price out postage electronically prior to shipping request for all shipments, but the size/weight of misc items and the “lots” have put a delay in this currently.

Cheers Bryan.

Is there a way to include any boxes you might have in the inventory also in the shipping quote?

Yes, Like I said, I can see what I did wrong now. I look forward to those shipping request changes! What didn't help the situation either was that I was sweating on a misplaced item that had been updated at the same time.

Cheers Bryan.

Is there a way to include any boxes you might have in the inventory also in the shipping quote?
It is a real pain with the dimensional weight.

We can not accurately quote unless having it all boxed up so we know the true dimensions of the box. I don’t want the team spending so much time to get all boxed up just to decide that we don’t want to ship it.

It is an ongoing battle between having everything automized and allowing to have many different size items (card, lot, box of cards, case of cards, misc items, etc.

Still trying to find the right mix to increase the collector experience and the productivity levels.

We can not accurately quote unless having it all boxed up so we know the true dimensions of the box. I don’t want the team spending so much time to get all boxed up just to decide that we don’t want to ship it.

It is an ongoing battle between having everything automized and allowing to have many different size items (card, lot, box of cards, case of cards, misc items, etc.

Still trying to find the right mix to increase the collector experience and the productivity levels.
Makes sense, hence why I just added a heap of cash to my account and prayed for the best!

Thanks again for all the hard work, it must be difficult

Thanks Bryan. I really appreciate the work your wonderful team does!

Back
Top Bottom