Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

I always wondered how you are meant to store your high ends when I thought folders to hold your signature and case hit cards on display prospective didn't exist - thought you had to rely on shoe style boxes LoL if you didn't want to move them into soft pocket sleeves. Looks like that's something of the past?

Yeah they have been around a while but you had to order them from ameroca. And have you looked at the supercheap auto cases mate. Beats a shoe box hahah

here is the usual info from select

voss.jpg
voss2.jpg

Select Footy Cards
1 hr ·

***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 5/13***
We continue our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release today with a look at one of our Premiership Brownlow Double cards! This one features the @Brisbane Lions' Michael Vos, and commemorates his three premierships in 2001, 2002 & 2003, and his Brownlow Medal in 1996! Each card is individually numbered to 65.
Our Select Supremacy release is an ultra high-end, premium set, with a limited run of only 400 cases. Each case contains 6 boxes (2400 boxes only), with each box containing 1 packet of 10 premium high-end cards. Each exquisite card, including for the first time ever, every Common card is individually foil numbered and manufactured on premium 130 point card. The price per box is $500, and $3,000 per case, and will only be available for order exclusively through our website and Head Office from 16th September 2019. Official release of Supremacy will take place on Thursday 19th September 2019. Strict order limits will apply as this collection will sell out.
This collection took 2 years to put together and is without doubt our finest release ever. It will have true collectability and we believe will have significant investment value. Every memorabilia card is made from a genuine match worn guernsey, and there are 125 individual signatories from past & present greats of the game included in the set. Each packet contains four Common cards, individually numbered to 90, along with 6 big hits including a minimum of 2 signature cards per pack!
Stay tuned for more previews to come!!

and the dusty premiership brownlow double, it is card number 29 so they are pumping out a few subsets that will make up the big hits.

ded.jpg
des.jpg

Thank god there is some colour on his jersey as they look very very bland. For the older players these will look bland with the black and white photos.

With high end cards you want them to give you the wow factor..... these cards shown so far dont do that im afraid.

Each to their own I guess.

Attention: Is there someone out there that wants to put together the checklist for the brownlow / premiership double set?
Only asking as we know who the players are in this checklist, i assume they go back a fair way as dusty in number 29 in the set.
Thanks in advance.
PS: I am too lazy to do it. lol 😴

Nor sure why Select have gone with so many predominantly white cards. If you include the Don Ross signature at the start of the thread, that's 5 out of 6 so far. Hopefully there's more variation on the design for the remainder.

Nor sure why Select have gone with so many predominantly white cards. If you include the Don Ross signature at the start of the thread, that's 5 out of 6 so far. Hopefully there's more variation on the design for the remainder.

yeh, the designs all look very similar to the base card. something they coudlve considred for these limited number cards was change up the design/colouring a bit to add some differentiation. i think part of the reason people arent too hot on these limited number cards is that they seem just like the base cards.

Attention: Is there someone out there that wants to put together the checklist for the brownlow / premiership double set?
Only asking as we know who the players are in this checklist, i assume they go back a fair way as dusty in number 29 in the set.
Thanks in advance.
PS: I am too lazy to do it. lol 😴
I think it’s 39 players - May be some mistakes but here’s what I’ve got

D2339EDA-A1D3-49F2-B853-5CCEDE9E0A82.jpeg

Thank god there is some colour on his jersey as they look very very bland. For the older players these will look bland with the black and white photos.

With high end cards you want them to give you the wow factor..... these cards shown so far dont do that im afraid.

Agree, cards revleaed so far look pretty shit....... but they still look better than the crap Regal push out.

yeh, the designs all look very similar to the base card. something they coudlve considred for these limited number cards was change up the design/colouring a bit to add some differentiation. i think part of the reason people arent too hot on these limited number cards is that they seem just like the base cards.

Another thing to consider is that with so many players signing (125 as stated) and the so called limited nature of this release, I personally don't believe that this is a product you can churn out year after year. In the NBA/NFL yes, for the limited Australian market no.

I don't believe you will be able to keep doing this each year in the size of the Australian market without it massively devaluing the cards over time.

If #/25 is supposed to be the most limited card, I find it very hard to seeing these cards hitting huge resale prices down the track.

I happen to agree, while they look very clean and i like the numbered element, that is five cards that all look very similar and with four base and four numbered “Inserts” per box that means you have 8 of your 10 cards from a $500 box ☹️ Surely there are more than two autos per box.

I suspect the person who came up with the design just copied the National Treasures look as that is how it seems to me.

Have a look what they did with Dominance, looks exactly like Vanguard, you can not tell me this is coincidental
5C3AF892-8E25-4FD5-BB50-C29F50B33574.jpeg
8EBF645D-0546-4462-9726-CD880727F31A.jpeg

Last edited:
I suspect the person who came up with the design just copied the National Treasures look as that is how it seems to me.

Have a look what they did with Dominance, looks exactly like Vanguard, you can not tell me this is coincidental
5C3AF892-8E25-4FD5-BB50-C29F50B33574.jpeg
8EBF645D-0546-4462-9726-CD880727F31A.jpeg
Was always going to head down the NBA Path when box breaks got so popular

Another thing to consider is that with so many players signing (125 as stated) and the so called limited nature of this release, I personally don't believe that this is a product you can churn out year after year. In the NBA/NFL yes, for the limited Australian market no.

I don't believe you will be able to keep doing this each year in the size of the Australian market without it massively devaluing the cards over time.

If #/25 is supposed to be the most limited card, I find it very hard to seeing these cards hitting huge resale prices down the track.

yeh, completely agree. it should be a once in a 5yr release.

Back
Top Bottom