Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Mate its not the folder for the set. Its a top loader folder! Great price for one of rhose considering until now you had to order then from america.

Interesting to see that the Greg Williams is Norm Smith Medal card #15.
I wonder how many the set will be - if you go in chronological order, 1995 was the 17th year of the medal being awarded.
40 I'd say dating back to 1979. Should Lenny Hayes be included for the 2010 drawn game, that'd be 41 - if that perhaps a header card to even things out?

Mate its not the folder for the set. Its a top loader folder! Great price for one of rhose considering until now you had to order then from america.
If it’s not the folder for the set why have they advertised that it is, says supremecy album on the website

42989C4A-BDE7-4F77-B02F-DA74C3ED9EB3.png

What are peoples thought on what they've seen thus far? For 500 a box and seeing two of the supposed big hits it's not getting me excited at all.
A good question mate! Personally don't want to get too carried away as I still need to make sure I cherish my lower end cards in my PC!
But on the other side of the hill, this release kind of makes sense speaking of the prices and what we're getting - does anybody really do the "corner shop crawl" these days and keep all the random cards in the packets they've pulled - yet alone of teams they don't like???

In other words if you don't get my previous post, a collector like me nowadays relies solely on other collectors on here, eBay and some other sites at times - fewer packets and a higher price is vertically what I'm already paying for anyway!

40 I'd say dating back to 1979. Should Lenny Hayes be included for the 2010 drawn game, that'd be 41 - if that perhaps a header card to even things out?
Point of my comment mate was that Greg Williams isn’t the 15th medalist chronologically.. I’m aware there have been 41 medals awarded but my comment from yesterday about selects post on their website shows that there are only 37 cards in that set

A good question mate! Personally don't want to get too carried away as I still need to make sure I cherish my lower end cards in my PC!
But on the other side of the hill, this release kind of makes sense speaking of the prices and what we're getting - does anybody really do the "corner shop crawl" these days and keep all the random cards in the packets they've pulled - yet alone of teams they don't like???

I did keep a FHOF Gary Ablett cats after pulling it from a box. My original intention was to swap for the Crows equivalent which was an Eddie Betts FHOF. I thought that the Gary’s Ablett card would be more valuable down the track. I also reckon I’ve still got all the other cards from those two boxes.

As above here is another card in the "Premiership Glory" subset. Numbered to 40.
I can see the subset releases to date counting for "many of the big hits", they have to as they are not common cards and all numbered different to the common cards?
Tuck card is numbered PG16, so there will be a few in this set i would say as they can choose any player they want from and premiership winning side. Too closely related to the Finals Folklore for me.

Here's the usual info from Select.

Select Footy Cards
2 hrs ·
***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 4/13***
Our sneak peak preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release continues today with a look at one of our Premiership Glory cards featuring the Hawthorn Football Club's Michael Tuck! This card commemorates his record 11 Grand Final appearances and 7 Premierships! Each card is individually numbered to 40.
Our Select Supremacy release is an ultra high-end, premium set, with a limited run of only 400 cases. Each case contains 6 boxes (2400 boxes only), with each box containing 1 packet of 10 premium high-end cards. Each exquisite card, including for the first time ever, every Common card is individually foil numbered and manufactured on premium 130 point card. The price per box is $500, and $3,000 per case, and will only be available for order exclusively through our website and Head Office from 16th September 2019. Official release of Supremacy will take place on Thursday 19th September 2019. Strict order limits will apply as this collection will sell out.
This collection took 2 years to put together and is without doubt our finest release ever. It will have true collectability and we believe will have significant investment value. Every memorabilia card is made from a genuine match worn guernsey, and there are 125 individual signatories from past & present greats of the game included in the set. Each packet contains four Common cards, individually numbered to 90, along with 6 big hits including a minimum of 2 signature cards per pack!
Stay tuned for more previews to come!!

tu.jpg
tub.jpg

1567046600582.png

Last edited:
Jakovich is PG29 - so probably a set of 30. average of 2 per team for the 15 teams with premierships.. teams with less premierships potentially having only 1 card here..

Last edited:
Yes a very cheap budget for me too however I won't be surprised should there be a consultation concept for Freo, Goldy and GWS collectors (like me) - ie future premiership player concept, similar to future HOF of 2018 legacy?

Yes a very cheap budget for me too however I won't be surprised should there be a consultation concept for Freo, Goldy and GWS collectors (like me) - ie future premiership player concept, similar to future HOF of 2018 legacy?

I doubt that mate. And quite frankly I wouldn’t want some other set just to get those 3 teams involved. I quite like the premiership/norm smith concept for teams that have won them. I’m glad they haven’t just conformed to the weak public perception these days that everyone (or in this case every team) should be involved or included to keep everyone happy.

I doubt that mate. And quite frankly I wouldn’t want some other set just to get those 3 teams involved. I quite like the premiership/norm smith concept for teams that have won them. I’m glad they haven’t just conformed to the weak public perception these days that everyone (or in this case every team) should be involved or included to keep everyone happy.
Well definitely a cheap release for me if you're right there - probably just the commons I'd need...and duplicate ones for those sexy signatures (horrid but sexy LoL)... maybe 🙊

Back
Top Bottom