Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Next few previews???:

10. Expansion club tribute signature

11. Premiership player and coach signature (those lucky enough to be both a premiership player and coach throughout careers)

12. Premiership super coach signature (those of monster card signing editions on their own)

13. Premiership super coach quad signature

Next few previews???:

10. Expansion club tribute signature

11. Premiership player and coach signature (those lucky enough to be both a premiership player and coach throughout careers)

12. Premiership super coach signature (those of monster card signing editions on their own)

13. Premiership super coach quad signature
A superstar patch signature is likely and a Norm Smith signature is also possible. There's been rumours of a quad coach signature. Two or three of the remainder will likely be case hits or multi case hits as 9/9.5 out of 10 cards in each box already accounted for.

Last edited:
A quick calc of the previews so far has a remaining 55 signers(provided 125 signers is right) and 2140 cards. That equates to about 40 per sig here on in(and all of the remaining cards having a signature). Provided no multiple sigs. Hope I haven't spoilt the fun. Mind you if you wanted fun you would just go out and buy them without any type of preview.

A quick recalc after latest offering sees 950 unallocated cards and 38 signatories. This equates to exactly 25 cards per sig.

Well if if the Melbourne Storm can end up where they are in Ruby league then why can't AFL expansion clubs be like that - one of the main reasons why I'm a Giants supporter. And personally West coast has been successful and all those swan eaters were hung up about a Perth team entering a Victorian league in the 80s claiming they have no relivance to the WAFL along with the traditional west Aussie sports calander. Bottom line is all of that changed by the 90s when the Eagles became competitive: West Coast are the team to me what non Collingwood supporters are to most - I can't stand them even less than the pies LoL

Yeh mate it’s always possible Ofcourse. But it’s a lot harder than when west coast or Fremantle or even Port Adelaide entered the comp. There are challenges that those clubs didn’t face.

To have 10,000 of your own supporters turn up to your final after being a highly competitive team for a number of years is concerning. They will be pulling crowds of 6-7k when they start losing.

I’d expect to pay around the $300-$350 for the Bucky. Could be slightly more maybe. Just my opinion.
Probably about right captain sigs been selling for $5-$600 will depend on player and team obviously but if you got a box with a few Collingwood Essendon hawks players I reason you would do pretty well from a box

Dunno about that mate. I don’t know why everyone seems to think GWS are doing well. Sure they are doing ok right now after a raft of high draft picks. But they aren’t going to win a flag with their current list.

Everyone with half a brain has grave concerns for how GC can possibly sustain themselves. I have similar concerns for GWS. They have terrible crowds and are struggling to get by. That is all while performing reasonably well. What happens when they start losing?
It will inevitably happen. They will have even less people turning up, and players won’t want to stay.

Really feel for both those clubs, but that is the reality of how it sits.

Interesting view but tbh i am the opposite view of gws.

Way i see it is they have a perfect mix of experience and genuine young talent. Yes they may not win it this year but with coniglio, whitfield, kelly, cameron, williams, haynes all hiting their prime and guys like taranto, hopper, daniels, taylor etc all established at a young age they are in a perfect position to be conpetitive for years to come. They have spread out their talent and through smart trading they will continue to top up every year like they have been doing.

Add to that the fact that they have built a culture were players want to stay and are prepared to take less to stay!

Rome was not built in a day but they have started to build a strong base and with time and junior development crowds will pick up.

In my view they have done it all right so far and with a bit of injury luck they are a powerhouse waiting to explode

Interesting view but tbh i am the opposite view of gws.

Way i see it is they have a perfect mix of experience and genuine young talent. Yes they may not win it this year but with coniglio, whitfield, kelly, cameron, williams, haynes all hiting their prime and guys like taranto, hopper, daniels, taylor etc all established at a young age they are in a perfect position to be conpetitive for years to come. They have spread out their talent and through smart trading they will continue to top up every year like they have been doing.

Add to that the fact that they have built a culture were players want to stay and are prepared to take less to stay!

Rome was not built in a day but they have started to build a strong base and with time and junior development crowds will pick up.

In my view they have done it all right so far and with a bit of injury luck they are a powerhouse waiting to explode

This is true, they have done very well so far in terms of list management. Not really much more you could ask for there.

I’m not sure they have yet built a culture where people wanna stay. Cogs is one thing, but there have been a raft of players leaving.

I agree they have a reasonably balanced list. But with all that going so well, how do they not have more members.

It’s well known (and a bit sad really) that there is a fair few footy supporters from every team who will only turn up when things are Rosey.

I worry what that club looks like when they inevitabley spend some time at the bottom of the ladder.

They can’t be making much money to sustain themselves right now. Will be worse when the bad times hit.

None of this is the fault of GWS though. As stated they have done as well as they really could.

Only ones they have lost they have partly been open to losing due to salary cap. Kelly, cogs, cameron have all showed faith.

I think you have to remember just where they have come from and the fact that its a long term plan. Greater sydney was never going to be as quick to gain members as say an adelaide or even fremantle who are not located in nrl heartland. People are looking at the smaller picture and not at the bigger plan. Afl wants to slowly invade nrl heartland and become a truly national game. This doesnt happen overnight but it is gaining momentum and nrl are feeling the pimch greatly (especially in gold coast were afl is the fastest growing community aport region in australia).

If the melbounre and adelaide media can support these clubs and not bring them down at every opportunity then i dare say they will establish themselves as valuable afl assets. If the media continues to drag them through the mud just to sell papers then yes it is going to be a hard hard slog for them to overcome.

Speaking of what drama has just said, I completely agree - even if a flag for my team may not occur at least not til 2024, you can not dispute the contribution they are now to the league so far

Speaking of what drama has just said, I completely agree - even if a flag for my team may not occur at least not til 2024, you can not dispute the contribution they are now to the league so far

Mate I’m not so much talking about on field. I dont personally believe they have a list capable of a premiership, but that’s just my opinion.

What’s not my opinion is how they are doing off field. They are not contributing to the afl off field. They are a strain. Every other club is basically paying for them to exist.

That may change in the future with more members etc. but to say they are contributing is a long way off.

Hope they can make it work though. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned.

Yeah to be fair, I haven't come across a Giants supporter whom did not have an AFL club prior to their existence (or at least anyone over the age of 12)

And yes perhaps I am the only one who loves to embrace Toby Greene as some cult figure destined to unleash the dragon at the statetriortic Victorians whom always want a Victorian club at the top - golf and curling were both created in Scotland and the Scots aren't necessarily the best at those sports

Perhaps I'm the only one to sacrifice a Collingwood high end or an imported football code high end to feed my obsession of my GWS PC 🙊

Last edited:
Think you will find you missed his point elijah as he is saying off field they havnt contributed.

I completely disagree and think the world these days are to short minded and demand reaults without acknowledging that some things have to be built and take time.

For the first 8 years fremantles crowd attendance did not grow and sat at arpund 22,000. It wasnt till they had time to establish that the crowd attendances started to grow to th 33,000 it sits at today. This is consodering that the western australian market is alot easier to crack than the sydney market.

Gws on the other hand has an average crowd attendance of 20,000 which has been building steadily every year.

So in reality you question their attendance yet they are literally only 2,000 less than that of what fremantle were at the same time in their development (and thats in a much harder market)

Back
Top Bottom