Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Here is the release info to go with the pics above

***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 3/13***

We continue our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release today with a look at one of our Finals Folklore cards! This card features "The Point", and commemorates the St Kilda Football Club's Barry Breen's now infamous point late in the 1966 Grand Final to give the Saints their first and only Premiership! Each card is individually numbered to 70.

Our Select Supremacy release is an ultra high-end, premium set, with a limited run of only 400 cases. Each case contains 6 boxes (2400 boxes only), with each box containing 1 packet of 10 premium high-end cards. Each exquisite card, including for the first time ever, every Common card is individually foil numbered and manufactured on premium 130 point card. The price per box is $500, and $3,000 per case, and will only be available for order exclusively through our website and Head Office from 16th September 2019. Official release of Supremacy will take place on Thursday 19th September 2019. Strict order limits will apply as this collection will sell out.

This collection took 2 years to put together and is without doubt our finest release ever. It will have true collectability and we believe will have significant investment value. Every memorabilia card is made from a genuine match worn guernsey, and there are 125 individual signatories from past & present greats of the game included in the set. Each packet contains four Common cards, individually numbered to 90, along with 6 big hits including a minimum of 2 signature cards per pack!
Stay tuned for more previews to come!!
Odd the preview doesn't show any numbering (or I'm blind.)

2F2CB841-AE1D-4494-8F09-7591F093F60A.jpeg

I’ve always been a fan of the larger back of card numbering, hopefully they go back to that in the future. These Finals Folklore cards look a bit similar to the High Flyers only 100 times better. Can’t want to see what others are in that set.

i dont think any of these will retain value.

I think there has to be a connection to the player via the signature or game worn guernsey for a card to retain and grow value over time.

The only other type of card that might buck this trend would be the extremely rare AFLPA MVP gold cards or something?

I think just making a card and numbering it to 75 is not going to be enough in the AFL collectors market.

I posted that back in June.......no big secret here! LOL

Granted its a nice card and i'm sure lots of people will be after it but if what people are saying that #/25 is the lowest numbered card in the release I think that's still too high to justify the price.

You need a card like that numbered to #/10 to drive the value in it. How many people out there are spending $6000 on an AFL card numbered to 25?
No one.

Weird set sizes for these inserts. If there are shared medallists, why not make one for each player so that team collectors don't end up with a shared card between teams?
hmmm.. I don't think it will be a shared card for 2010.. but I guess we'll have to wait and see

These are the lowest hits mate not the "big" hits. There is 10 more previews so the cards will get better and better with each preview. Cant have a set full of $500 cards

What are peoples thought on what they've seen thus far? For 500 a box and seeing two of the supposed big hits it's not getting me excited at all.
I like the finals card will wait and see till we see more, they released the album today for $60 I would like to see that free if you buy a case being it’s so expensive

Back
Top Bottom