Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

I'm not taking credit for this info as it's just what i read on Facebook but heard Jack Watts for the Dees and Tom Lynch for the Suns are more guernsey cards, and maybe a Tex Walker for Crows. Not sure on this one as Select would have had to start printing before he even played his 300th game but Bob Murphy could be a case card signature in this release. Again this is taken straight off Facebook, i'm just putting it here in case some didn't see it or don't access Facebook much.

If the rumours about Jack Gunston being possibly traded have any substance then I'm going to be one very devastated collector. Hawthorn's first ever guernsey card and he might not even be at the club next year.

If the rumours about Jack Gunston being possibly traded have any substance then I'm going to be one very devastated collector. Hawthorn's first ever guernsey card and he might not even be at the club next year.

Might just pick it up from the bargain bin if it happens. Knew Gunston was a poor choice from the moment I heard it.

Certified 17 Breakdown from time of writing:

Certified 460
220; 1:3 packs
Same concept as last year, parallel to common base players and common base depicted as usual - different to commons or series I and iconic club transfers such as Mitchell to West Coast etc.

Certified 230
220; 1:6 packs
Similar concept to c460 but this time to depict high profile players of your club thus replacing Team Leaders concept from last year. So all different to players of common base and c460 in this release

All Australian
22; 1:12 packs

Rookie Cards
74; 1:18 packs

Signature Cards
36; 1:Box

Certified Quads
36; 1:108 packs
This concept to replace Medal Winners to become album card. Each card in full club colour background with two players features on each card. Two forwards and two defenders. My team for instance would have Zac Williams and Nathan Wilson on one card and Steve Johnson and Rory Lobb on the other. Like MWG and FF, serial number on obverse side numbered xx/80.
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...quads.TRS0&_nkw=nrl+2015+elite+quads&_sacat=0
Refer to above link as this concept has been done in NRL series 2 and can't see why it can't be adapted in AFL

Medal Winners
5-6; 1:216 packs
A higher hit this slot could work out however all cards would have to NOT be #IN yet less stating limited edition quantity, to prevent detraction from front-end cards. An additional sixth card could take place depicted the Gary Ayers medalist (JPK I think)

MWG Concept + Signature Variant
9; 1:216 packs or signature variant 1:432 packs
As we all know

Footy's Finest
9; 1:432 packs
As we all know

Footy's Finest Royale
18; 1:432 packs
Based on Footy's Finest design but depicting all captains in 2017 with the following variations:
Refracting royal blue instead of white
Background opponent photo shopped into hot-stamped gold foil paint-bucket effect as opposed to back/white
Serial number xx/40 in same position as usual

Premiership Predictor
1:432 packs

Last edited:
Must say it's now enough guessing from me - lets see how it all works out and I said it before and I'll say it again -- I DO think there will be additional high-end variants along with the final corresponding Guernsey cards and FF

Must say it's now enough guessing from me - lets see how it all works out and I said it before and I'll say it again -- I DO think there will be additional high-end variants along with the final corresponding Guernsey cards and FF

Going to have to disagree with you Jarrah. No rumours or news have mentioned another high-end insert and it's unlike Select to overload a release. Like to be proven wrong though.

Going to have to disagree with you Jarrah. No rumours or news have mentioned another high-end insert and it's unlike Select to overload a release. Like to be proven wrong though.

I think it will be near exactly the same layout as last year but with slight changes. No extra high end stuff, guernsey and guernsey sigs plus footys finest. The changes will be insert sets, for example, something else would replace the team leaders as that's been done and too many double ups if they did them again. That's my thoughts anyway. Can't wait to see a checklist though.

Unfortunately you could be right there Merz - it's just when the Brownlow theme was in its second year, Select added in the Brownlow Distinctions and Honour Roll - many of use thought that would not have been the case, so if I am wrong here well the good news would be that all I'd really have to save up for is the following:
1) Premiership Predictor
2) Toby Greene MWG Signature and quite frankly only numbers 2, 3, 4 and 80/80 will be a priority for me
3) Toby Greens unsigned vaiant and quite frankly <$100 what I'd really be all prepared to pay for one

Last edited:
So bottom line is my suspected breakdown looks like it won't be the case but nevermind I might just keep focusing on my Cameron PC as priority in meantime

Nic Nat is the West Coast Guersey and Guernsey Sig and Toby Greene is the GWS Guernsey and Guernsey Sig
Right, I'm off to sell my kidneys and whatever other organs can be sold for a bit... :hearts:

Seriously though, they are going to be two of the best Eagles cards ever made. The wait until late July is going to be a long one!

Last edited:
Right, I'm off to sell my kidneys and whatever other organs can be sold for a bit... :hearts:

Seriously though, they are going to be two of the best Eagles cards ever made. The wait until late July is going to be a long one!
So....how are you POSSIBLY going to contain your excitement until release day?! :)

This is going to be an amazing release!!

Back
Top Bottom