Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

Just my opinion but I think it's pretty poor. Nothing like building excitement like showing us a pick of the cards 2-3 weeks before release. We don't have to see the checklist, just one of the Footy's Finest, or show us a patch card. That way it starts conversation and the excitement can start to build. I understand you guys are saying they are doing it to stop pre sales, but really, collectors are missing out. Why punish everyone because of a few, maybe Select should tell sellers trying to pre sell if they keep it up their cases will be delayed. There are ways around these things. A bit of communication from Select to the collectors would be nice.

So what we know is:

460, rookies, sigs, patch and finest remain same

Team leaders replaced by goal to goal with 5 players per club

Then just the list of names for sigs and whatnot. Tom lyncgh is guernsey for gc and pretty aure aaron hall and steven may for sigs. Gws is toby greene guernsey and mummy sig. Goddard essendon sig

Can anyone else add anything else?

So what we know is:

Then just the list of names for sigs and whatnot. Tom lyncgh is guernsey for gc and pretty aure aaron hall and steven may for sigs. Gws is toby greene guernsey and mummy sig. Goddard essendon sig

Have heard Gunston is Hawthorn's patch and patch sig.

I reckon at this stage of the game Select must have a good reason for doing what they are doing - however frustrating it may be for all of us. I think they have improved immeasurably over the last two or so years regarding promotions, products and feedback so it would be unlikely that the delay or lack of previews would be due to a "can't be stuffed" kind of attitude.

Anyway, we're almost halfway through July....so the first week of August ain't far away :)

I reckon at this stage of the game Select must have a good reason for doing what they are doing - however frustrating it may be for all of us. I think they have improved immeasurably over the last two or so years regarding promotions, products and feedback so it would be unlikely that the delay or lack of previews would be due to a "can't be stuffed" kind of attitude.

Anyway, we're almost halfway through July....so the first week of August ain't far away :)
Agree they have been doing a good job, only criticism I have is they keep blocking people from there Facebook page for having an opinion about the hilites cards need to have thicker skin imo, I got blocked for simply saying that I felt they missed an opportunity not putting an indigenous player on a hilites card during indigenous round, if they took offense too that then they are very soft

So what we know is:

Here's the list of rumoured and confirmed signees I posted a few pages back - I just added Hall and May.

Certified Signatures

Adelaide: Jenkins
Brisbane:
Carlton:
Collingwood: Treloar & Moore
Essendon: Goddard & Z Merrett
Fremantle:
Geelong:
Gold Coast: Hall & May
GWS: Mumford
Hawthorn: Shiels & Langford
Melbourne:
North Melbourne: Daw
Port Adelaide:
Richmond: Lloyd & Rioli/Nankervis
St Kilda:
Sydney: Rampe & Tippett
West Coast:
Western Bulldogs: Johannisen

Guernsey & Guernsey Signature Cards:

Adelaide: Walker
Carlton: Gibbs
Collingwood: Pendlebury
Essendon: Hurley
Gold Coast: Lynch
GWS: Greene
Hawthorn: Gunston
Melbourne: Watts
West Coast: Naitanui

Last edited:
So what we know is:

75% sure Heath Shaw will be the other non-patch-240 signature - turns out there will not be any additional front-end cards besides the corresponding MW patches and Finest

Giving the benefit of doubt to the guy's I get my cards from, smiley faces everywhere.

I'm told I will be holding my cards by the end of the month !!!

I'm not saying it's an earlier release. It was always due end of July early August as far as I know. What was last years release date ? Redemption's couldn't be redeemed before 31.07.16. Which is still 2 weeks away. Everybody is saying it is because the Essendon player hadn't/wouldn't sign ? Which player was it ? Or is it simply because select have had enough of people pre selling there product ?

When I spoke to select 2 weeks ago they were finalizing packaging, you take from that what you want. But finalizing to me means finished & ready to ship from China !

The people I get my cards from said & I quote "we will have your cards to you by the end of the month" If there wrong it will be a 1st.

I was told early August by Select a couple of weeks ago but nothing concrete. If it's a Thursday release it's likely 3rd August. Is it possible some local resellers get them earlier maybe Monday 31st July?

Yea it's all a bit hush hush at the moment no info seems to be coming out, where I get my cards still doesn't have a date only 1st week of august

Back
Top Bottom