Sandown Card Fair Pickup's

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
Well here is what I picked up Cricket wise at Sandown yesterday, nothing special mostly sample cards for my collection.Overall well worth going to :).

P1010149.jpg

The back of the Symonds, Elliott & Richardson cards
P1010150.jpg

The back of the Taylor card, this was an interesting little find:
P1010151.jpg

#0000 I've never seen that before with Futera cards.

Supreme team Lara Sample:
P1010153.jpg

And last the Lara 375 card, I know, nothing new here:
P1010156.jpg

I was having a look at a sellers folder full of cricket cards and spotted the above. I thought to myself, just another Lara 375 card wonder what number it is? No numbering, it's a sample.

P1010157.jpg

Yeah very nice mate......thye Lara Sample is quite unique!
Cheers Richo, apparently Lara didn’t want these 375 run cards to be released.
nice stuff Raj, sample and 0000 are good pick ups
Thanks Michael, when I spotted the 0000 card it had me confused. I guess it slipped past Futera's quality control (if that ever existed).
Great work man! I'd love to go to Sandown some day. Have never seen anything like it in my neck of the woods.
Thanks Naz, the Sandown show would be well worthy coming down for.
Nice cards Raj. Really like the Lara sample
Cheers Alex it's one of those cards that don't pop up that often.
Love them mate, well done. the 0000 is something special.
Cheers Daz, I was stumped when I came across the 0000 card, my fingers couldn't move fast enough to get that out of the page lol.
Great pickups Raj - well done mate. Some very tidy cards there.
Owen, thanks mate. Makes getting up at 7am on a Sunday well worth it for these cards.

Last edited:
Nice Lara sample you have there mate, that is a very good find indeed!

What did you hear about Lara not wanting the cards released? Can you expand on this?

Nice Lara sample you have there mate, that is a very good find indeed!

What did you hear about Lara not wanting the cards released? Can you expand on this?

Cheers mate, I was very lucky to find it. All I was told was that Lara didn't want the card released, I didn't get a reason why.

Yes please tell the Lara story as I was told that some were released signed by him.

Signed by Lara, now that would be a nice card for the collection. I think I've seen 1 or 2 signed cards on Ebay a while back. Looking at the Futera file there is no information about this card in the 1996 Decider release, just info about the sample version.

I have the Taylor Supreme Team Sample as 0000, also 3 or 4 of the 1995 Grand Prix Fastest Laps as 0000 (not Sample). The Lara Sample is a pick up of a lifetime - according to the Futera File, only 13 exist.

I have the Taylor Supreme Team Sample as 0000, also 3 or 4 of the 1995 Grand Prix Fastest Laps as 0000 (not Sample). The Lara Sample is a pick up of a lifetime - according to the Futera File, only 13 exist.

Nice cards to have in the collection digimont. I'm quite fortunate that I have 2 of the Lara Samples now and know of one for sale. Besides these 3, I have never seen another Lara Sample card.

Nice cards to have in the collection digimont. I'm quite fortunate that I have 2 of the Lara Samples now and know of one for sale. Besides these 3, I have never seen another Lara Sample card.

Nuturally I'm interested in adding such a card to my collection. Please PM me if you are interested in helping.

Nothing too special this time around, just some un-numbered Futera 1996 World Cup Retrospective cards (low run samples?) :

P1010279.jpg

P1010280.jpg

Nice pickups Raj, always nice to find left-field Futera goodies.

Much cricket at the show?

Nice pickups Raj, always nice to find left-field Futera goodies.

Much cricket at the show?

Cheers Brad, nah was very dry cricket wise and the cricket stuff that was there was heavily overpriced e.g 2008-09 Select Star Signatures were starting from $150+.

Well here is what I picked up Cricket wise at Sandown yesterday, nothing special mostly sample cards for my collection.Overall well worth going to :).

P1010149.jpg

The back of the Symonds, Elliott & Richardson cards
P1010150.jpg

The back of the Taylor card, this was an interesting little find:
P1010151.jpg

#0000 I've never seen that before with Futera cards.

Supreme team Lara Sample:
P1010153.jpg

And last the Lara 375 card, I know, nothing new here:
P1010156.jpg

I was having a look at a sellers folder full of cricket cards and spotted the above. I thought to myself, just another Lara 375 card wonder what number it is? No numbering, it's a sample.

P1010157.jpg
kicking myself I didn't come across the Lara cards myself mate!

So..are sample cards sought after?...more or less than normal versions?....asking because I have a heap - NBL, Union, Cricket etc.....and always thought they were worthless?

So..are sample cards sought after?...more or less than normal versions?....asking because I have a heap - NBL, Union, Cricket etc.....and always thought they were worthless?

Gday Mate - sample cards can be a tricky things, some are worth money and some aren't so the demand for them can vary.
What sample cards do you have & are you willing to sell them?, as I am looking for sample cards to complete my sets, if you could send me a list of the cards you have that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom