Receiving Later Bought Goods Before Receiving Older Bought Ones....

thepurplegothicchicken

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Amanda
eBay User
thepurplegothicchicken
I'll make this short.

Josh bought a card from a seller we go through often. We paid for it asap (5th of Feb).

We waited and waited. No biggie, he might be keeping it for the current lot Josh is bidding on (around 15th Feb).

Paid for those too.

In the mail comes a bubble-mailer with the latest cards bought, the ones paid for on the 15th.

A bit concerned by now as to where this other card has gone.

After TWO messages to the usually really good seller and not a single reply through ebay OR bigbog email.... It gets the better of me and I check my bank account to make sure I paid, since Josh was so sure I paid.

Yes, I had paid. But no, not in the full amount. I have stuffed up with paying only for the card.

So I sent this message to the seller:

"I have just gone through my account and realized I didn't pay you for the postage of this item.

I have deposited that today, but it would of been nice to have been sent an email telling us that so it would of been paid sooner, and the previous messages wouldn't have been sent asking where is the card.

I'm surprised it wasn't sent with the last lot we received and we've now had to pay an extra $3.00 after receiving a later lot from you.

I hope this card gets here very quick now that I have paid $3.00 postage.

Amanda."

My question is, if this situation happened to you guys as a seller, would you have contacted the buyer, and let them know of their error, and posted the card with the latest lot won so they didn't have to fork out for more postage?

I sure as hell would of. I'm sure everyone else here would of responded to messages also, unlike this seller, being rude and ignoring (they have been online giving out feedback, so I know they have been online).

Yeah some people forget sellers have responsibilities as well. They should have let you know that payment was short and then it would have all been easier to work out.

I would've let you know you short-paid, and then wait for complete payment before sending. But yeah, the seller should've let you know. One possibility is that the seller is waiting for his bank statement to check for payment. I am fortunate to have free electronic banking with my account, so I can log in and view account any time I want, but some sellers wouldn't and therefore would wait for statement if they were unsure of full payment.

Sometimes as a seller it is difficult to recognise a buyers payment on your statment...despite asking buyers to leave the Ebay ID, I sometimes get postcodes, items #'s (or part of), phone #'s, #'s from Ebay ID's. If the amount deposited is wrong sometimes the only way I know who's paid me is if the buyer contacts me.

My question is, if this situation happened to you guys as a seller, would you have contacted the buyer, and let them know of their error, and posted the card with the latest lot won so they didn't have to fork out for more postage?

In short - YES !

That is BS if you ask me, some sellers really don't care do they !?!

Whats the most annoying thing is he hasn't contacted us at all.

As for the bank statement thing, We paid within 2 weeks of the ending dates, so it should of all been on the same one. Feb statements come out next week :D

Okay this situation is getting bizarre.

After checking my bigbog emails... i found a few messages from the seller.

Here goes one responce:

21/2/07: "they were sent off a while ago but it was with a lot of other cards i am pretty sure unless i sent them to the wrong person"

24/2/07: "what do you mean you had to pay extra for a lot if it was sent to you the correct postage would have been placed as if it is large i send from the postoffica and they put the shipping on"

To me it shows he hasn't bothered looking for the payment, and obviously didn't register that we had short-changed him. I tell him I'm depositing postage money into his account and he doesn't understand why?

We won't be dealing with this guy again, and he'll be getting a negative if we don't see a refund from him either.

Back
Top Bottom