Rate the last movie you watched

TEAM FOX CATCHER (netflix) interesting doco, about a rich individual who funded the u.s wrestling team and then descended into his own mental problems, culminating in a tragic event. love these type of doco's, interesting and pull's you in. ***3.5/5

great to hit the cinema, i missed the big tub of buttery pop corn
it was a quality film UNHINGED and enjoyable. Big Russ packed on the bulk and does the crazy man/unhinged thing very well.
not the years high lite film . but its a good pop corn flick 3/5***

The Old Guard - 7/10 - good but even at 2hrs I still think it was missing something on their back story, would’ve loved more.

Greyhound - 8.5/10 - full on action for 90 mins, would’ve been 9/10 if there wasn’t so many Tom Hanks staring out at the ocean in disbelief scenes. I get it. You’re looking for U-Boats.
checked GREYHOUND - agree with your review, great action! great recommend garnett

gemini man - 5/10. cloned will smith is on a mission to kill his old self. pretty good de-aging on will smith and a couple of cool kills, but the movie really seemed empty. i didnt care about anyone or anything that happened.
the old guard - 6/10. ancient immortals (who can die at any random time), fight the all-time ultimate evil; big pharma. some fantastic fight scenes but the plot was meh and i have soooo many questions.
the rental - 5/10. some annoying 20 something's go to a rented getaway house, where a maniac (not the owner) is using the place as a slaughterhouse. too much nothing going on tho.
target number one - 5/10. semi-biographical of a junkie who gets used by the canadian government and is left to rot in a thai prison.
space truckers - 7/10. dennis hopper plays a trucker (in space) who gets in some trouble after a delivery dispute. really cheesy and some weird SFX that havent aged well, but even the concepts were kinda funny.
idiocracy - 8/10. a disturbing look into our future...well not really, but its funny as hell even on a re-watch.

the good night 6/10. frodo plays a depressed musician who looks into lucid dreaming to ease his problems. kinda weird, but has some funny bits.
game over, man - 6/10. three loser friends try to save the hotel they work at from a terrorist attack. this movie has its moments, but whenever it tries to go 'over the top' in its humor, it loses traction. cameo's and bit-parts everywhere. turk from scrubs and joel mchale both have ten second bits where they basically just show up to die.
the arrival - 4/10. charlie sheen works for SETI and discovers aliens living among us. reeeeally dodgy, but worth a laugh. sheen calls on his inner nic cage for this one. really bad acting but definitely in my 'so bad its good' list...

The Big Lebowski - 1/10 - hot s*** mess - first (maybe second) time watching and I seriously can't see what all the cult fuss is about.
you definitely do NOT want to watch the spin-off movie 'the jesus rolls', which as a fan of TBL, i thought was one of the worst things i saw last year.

an american pickle - 7/10. seth rogen falls into a vat of pickle brine and is preserved for 100 years, waking up in modern day new york. its really stupid and rogen plays the 2 main characters, so its probably not everyones cup of tea, but has some very funny bits. i really liked how they 'explained' the science behind how it was possible.
i am elizabeth smart - 8/10. i never thought i would recommend (or even rate) a lifetime movie, but this was really good. i dont get emotional during movies, but the inclusion of miss smart as a sort of narrator really hits home certain aspects of her story. a young girl gets kidnapped at knife point from her bed in the middle of night to be some dudes 2nd wife. shes held captive for 9 months in the forest. hard to explain just how crazy/messed up this was without writing an entire review.
the world's end - 7/10. pegg & frost's cornetto trilogy finale. not quite as good as shaun of the dead or hot fuzz, but a nice addition to the series. 5 friends go back to their hometown to finish the legendary 'golden mile' (a pub crawl). but this time: aliens!

THE ICEMAN ( michael shannon / winona ryder ) After reading the iceman book, i checked out this flick. Iceman is RICHARD KUKLINSKI serial killer for the mob and himself. Bit of a let down, skips over some major incidents in his life. happy the man is dead now. 2/5

STOKED (THE RISE AND FALL OF GATOR) - interesting doco on a professional skateborder Mark Rogowski from international superstar at a time skatebording was blowing up, to a convicted criminal.. interesting and done well 3.5/5

THE ICEMAN ( michael shannon / winona ryder ) After reading the iceman book, i checked out this flick. Iceman is RICHARD KUKLINSKI serial killer for the mob and himself. Bit of a let down, skips over some major incidents in his life. happy the man is dead now. 2/5
watched this last night. not bad. never even knew he had a movie. good recommendation. 6/10.

i used to go here - 4/10. britta from 'community' and jemaine from the 'conchords' star in this underwhelming comedy/drama. writer goes back to talk at the college she used to go to. i was very disappointed.
tesla - 7/10. bio of the man himself. the old-skool backdrops and strange 'narration' give it a fantasy feel which i kinda liked, but might not have been the best choice overall.
ballbuster - 1/10. jerry o'connell has fallen. hard. and considering he was never good anyway, you can only imagine how bad this is. i cant believe it was even released. its an insight into how low the industry can get. the whole thing was just lazy. this review has more thought and effort put into it...its the first movie ive EVER given a 1/10.

Last edited:
watched this last night. not bad. never even knew he had a movie. good recommendation. 6/10.

i use to go here - 4/10. britta from 'community' and jemaine from the 'conchords' star in this underwhelming comedy/drama. writer goes back to talk at the college she used to go to. i was very disappointed.
tesla - 7/10. bio of the man himself. the old-skool backdrops and strange 'narration' give it a fantasy feel which i kinda liked, but might not have been the best choice overall.
ballbuster - 1/10. jerry o'connell has fallen. hard. and considering he was never good anyway, you can only imagine how bad this is. i cant believe it was even released. its an insight into how low the industry can get. the whole thing was just lazy. this review has more thought and effort put into it...its the first movie ive EVER given a 1/10.
love that BALLBUSTER review.. scathing and on point..i turned it off
worth noting some idiot would have to finance this rubish

THE FOG (1980) - cult classic John Carpenter horror, first view for 20+ years... still got it. more straight foward shock horror then using violence (this was Carpenters next film after doing halloween) film still holds up and was very much enjoyed ****4/5

followed it with..

THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT - still a awesome late night flick. one of those films that has to be view in the dark.. always loved this 4/5****

Back
Top Bottom