Rate the last movie you watched

cotchin#9

OzCardTrader
Real Name
sam
TEAM FOX CATCHER (netflix) interesting doco, about a rich individual who funded the u.s wrestling team and then descended into his own mental problems, culminating in a tragic event. love these type of doco's, interesting and pull's you in. ***3.5/5

cotchin#9

OzCardTrader
Real Name
sam
great to hit the cinema, i missed the big tub of buttery pop corn
it was a quality film UNHINGED and enjoyable. Big Russ packed on the bulk and does the crazy man/unhinged thing very well.
not the years high lite film . but its a good pop corn flick 3/5***

cotchin#9

OzCardTrader
Real Name
sam
The Old Guard - 7/10 - good but even at 2hrs I still think it was missing something on their back story, would’ve loved more.

Greyhound - 8.5/10 - full on action for 90 mins, would’ve been 9/10 if there wasn’t so many Tom Hanks staring out at the ocean in disbelief scenes. I get it. You’re looking for U-Boats.
checked GREYHOUND - agree with your review, great action! great recommend garnett

sgt_pepper

Amatuer Footballer
Real Name
MaK
gemini man - 5/10. cloned will smith is on a mission to kill his old self. pretty good de-aging on will smith and a couple of cool kills, but the movie really seemed empty. i didnt care about anyone or anything that happened.
the old guard - 6/10. ancient immortals (who can die at any random time), fight the all-time ultimate evil; big pharma. some fantastic fight scenes but the plot was meh and i have soooo many questions.
the rental - 5/10. some annoying 20 something's go to a rented getaway house, where a maniac (not the owner) is using the place as a slaughterhouse. too much nothing going on tho.
target number one - 5/10. semi-biographical of a junkie who gets used by the canadian government and is left to rot in a thai prison.
space truckers - 7/10. dennis hopper plays a trucker (in space) who gets in some trouble after a delivery dispute. really cheesy and some weird SFX that havent aged well, but even the concepts were kinda funny.
idiocracy - 8/10. a disturbing look into our future...well not really, but its funny as hell even on a re-watch.

sgt_pepper

Amatuer Footballer
Real Name
MaK
the good night 6/10. frodo plays a depressed musician who looks into lucid dreaming to ease his problems. kinda weird, but has some funny bits.
game over, man - 6/10. three loser friends try to save the hotel they work at from a terrorist attack. this movie has its moments, but whenever it tries to go 'over the top' in its humor, it loses traction. cameo's and bit-parts everywhere. turk from scrubs and joel mchale both have ten second bits where they basically just show up to die.
the arrival - 4/10. charlie sheen works for SETI and discovers aliens living among us. reeeeally dodgy, but worth a laugh. sheen calls on his inner nic cage for this one. really bad acting but definitely in my 'so bad its good' list...

sgt_pepper

Amatuer Footballer
Real Name
MaK
The Big Lebowski - 1/10 - hot s*** mess - first (maybe second) time watching and I seriously can't see what all the cult fuss is about.
you definitely do NOT want to watch the spin-off movie 'the jesus rolls', which as a fan of TBL, i thought was one of the worst things i saw last year.

an american pickle - 7/10. seth rogen falls into a vat of pickle brine and is preserved for 100 years, waking up in modern day new york. its really stupid and rogen plays the 2 main characters, so its probably not everyones cup of tea, but has some very funny bits. i really liked how they 'explained' the science behind how it was possible.
i am elizabeth smart - 8/10. i never thought i would recommend (or even rate) a lifetime movie, but this was really good. i dont get emotional during movies, but the inclusion of miss smart as a sort of narrator really hits home certain aspects of her story. a young girl gets kidnapped at knife point from her bed in the middle of night to be some dudes 2nd wife. shes held captive for 9 months in the forest. hard to explain just how crazy/messed up this was without writing an entire review.
the world's end - 7/10. pegg & frost's cornetto trilogy finale. not quite as good as shaun of the dead or hot fuzz, but a nice addition to the series. 5 friends go back to their hometown to finish the legendary 'golden mile' (a pub crawl). but this time: aliens!

Top Bottom