Question RE: Panthers green jersey

ch0pzta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Gday, just have a quick question.

I was at the Panthers/Sharks game at Bathurst yesterday and seen a few people with a green with a white V Panthers jersey, i went to the merch tent and asked about it, they said its to commemorate the 40th anniversary of their win in the 1974 Amco Cup. Being a Panthers die-hard, i bought one.

When i got home i did a bit of research, and found out the jersey was worn by "Western Division" who actually BEAT the Panthers in the game.

I dont get it?

Strange....

The best i could figure out was that the Western Division was basically Penrith anyway.... Kinda like Penrith V Penrith...

Ok i understand it now, Western Division is the rugby league out here in the Central West (Bathurst, Orange etc) and the team they fielded in the Amco Cup beat Penrith in the final in 1974.

Now that Penrith Panthers have a 'connection' with this region, the jersey now seems appropriate.

I get it now.

10523310_1538285049720701_6551081453567207846_n.jpg

here you go!

Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up? The 1974 Western Division league team is part of Country Rugby League folklore and that recognition is a great initiative by the Panthers. Good to see a tribute to the country areas that supply the NRL with their troops

Ive had a look but cant see it available anywhere.

Im currently reading the book that came with the jersey, a great read and a hell of a story.

Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up? The 1974 Western Division league team is part of Country Rugby League folklore and that recognition is a great initiative by the Panthers. Good to see a tribute to the country areas that supply the NRL with their troops

What size you after??

Ive had a look but cant see it available anywhere.

Im currently reading the book that came with the jersey, a great read and a hell of a story.

Try the Bathurst Panthers Leagues club, a mate who went to the game pre-purchased his tickets there and told me about the Jumpers for sale.

Back
Top Bottom