question about USPS

Chef

Real Name
eBay User
I am curious if this email I recieved is legit or a scam/spam

I recieved an email today regarding undelivered parcel and it states it has a label attached to print but I am concerned that it may be a virus.

message read
We couldn’t deliver your parcel at your address.

LOCATION OF YOUR PARCEL:Anaheim
PARCEL STATUS: not delivered
SERVICE: Expedited Shipping
ITEM NUMBER:U5*******6 NU
FEATURES: Yes

Postal label is enclosed to the letter.
Print a label and show it at your post office.

An additional information:
If the parcel isn’t received within 30 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it's keeping in the amount of $11.68 for each day of keeping over limited time.

You can find the information about the procedure and conditions of parcels keeping in the nearest office.

Thank you for attention.
USPS Express Services.

Has anyone else recieved something like this? I am unable to send a message on the USPS website as i have to have a US address.

SCAM!!!!

I have seen several of these.
Firstly you need to think are you expecting anything or have you sent anything recently that may have not arrived!

The biggest thing is tho, How have they got your email address??

I think Bogus.......parcel that tried to be delivered but the current location is Anaheim??? also US generated customs lables start with LJ and end with US. If unsure save the MSG off to a protected partition on your drive or external drive to scan.

oh and the other thing since when do USPS charge fees for keepin a parcel not delivered??? they just send em back or put them in the lost mail black hole or maybe they sit around at christmas time and open them up for something to do,

i had a few thought go thru my mind...
first was about how they got me email.... so first thought was scam
but thought I should check anyways.

Was the attachment that was sent in a zip file?? If you opened it I would do a virus scan mate. Have had a few of these come through myself... always seems to happen when you know you have something coming in!!

yep its a zip file.....
and I got stuff coming.... was just bizarre is all...
thanks guys for the info

Yep. definitely a scam. I simply hovered my mouse over the zip file link in the one I recieved in my junk mail and it came up with a warning alert. Delete it.

all good and thanks...
usps on facebook got back to me and gave me an email to send details too.
and deleted...

One thing I always ask my staff at work when they send me these emails, is how would USPS or Fedex get your email address to begin with?

99% of them are either a virus, or a complete scam.

Back
Top Bottom