question about paypal

kiddfei1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
PHIL
mates
It is my first time to bid on Ebay , so have an easy question.
if I transfer funds ($AUD) from Australia Bank to Paypal , how could I get equal $USD balance to bid on US Ebay?
cheers

mates
It is my first time to bid on Ebay , so have an easy question.
if I transfer funds ($AUD) from Australia Bank to Paypal , how could I get equal $USD balance to bid on US Ebay?
cheers

Paypal will convert from AUD to US$ for you at a few cents less than the rate you might see on the news. (Currently around 85c or 86c)

thx, I just want to know if the funds are converted automatically from AUD to USD, which means I just need to have AUD in my bank-account.
And I transfer some $AUD from Commonwealth bank account to my Paypal (Au) on 29th. Jan, but it has not been completed till now, how long will it take?
Cheers

thx, I just want to know if the funds are converted automatically from AUD to USD, which means I just need to have AUD in my bank-account.
And I transfer some $AUD from Commonwealth bank account to my Paypal (Au) on 29th. Jan, but it has not been completed till now, how long will it take?
Cheers

I only did this once, and believe it takes 5 working days off thetop of my head :-k

In the end, yes, Paypal convert it for you. You should have got a pre-determined rate already?

Cheers

You don't need to transfer money to your PayPal account, if you link it to your bank account.

To link your account, you should see an option to add bank account. Paypal will deposit 2 small amounts of money (usually 2c or so), into your bank account which you need to verify.

Do this, and you can use the $ in your bank account to pay for your PayPal transactions.

PayPal always tells you the exchange rate (THEIR exchange rate) prior to you confirming your payment, so you know how much it will cost from USD to AUD.

Hope it helps.

my paypal account is restricted... they need supplier contact info, does it mean my employer contact info?
thx

my paypal account is restricted... they need supplier contact info, does it mean my employer contact info?
thx

Do you mean you are not verified?

To start off, add your bank details. Once paypal has verified all your details you should become a verified paypal user. I did it so long ago I can't remember the exact process, but that's basically all you need to do from memory. They should already have your home addy and contact details.

Once you're verified you should add funds to your paypal account. Just a warning, always make sure you have funds in paypal if you are buying something. I wouldn't buy something off eBay and pay via paypal with a $0 balance because it withdraws funds from your bank account which can take at least 3 working days. In some cases, it can take upto 6-7 working days to clear. If the eBay seller is not patient, you can end up with negative feedback or they might withdraw the sale and relist it or sell to the next bidder. Basically, just make sure you have enough funds in paypal when buying because there are some really impatient sellers out there.

I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

I was verified 3 weeks ago.
and I never apply for mechant account...
after I added funds (around $100)from Commonwealth bank to my paypal, it happened.
it also requires proof of address, bank statement, and supplier contact info...I don't know what "supplier contact info" means..need I offer my employer contact number? I think it is inproper....

I successfully sent money from paypal to a seller two days ago, and I received "positive" feedback...

I was verified 3 weeks ago.
and I never apply for mechant account...
after I added funds (around $100)from Commonwealth bank to my paypal, it happened.
it also requires proof of address, bank statement, and supplier contact info...I don't know what "supplier contact info" means..need I offer my employer contact number? I think it is inproper....

Mate, unless you provided them with bogus information when you signed up, I don't know why they would need all that info. I would call Paypal Australia and speak to them over the phone.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with a secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience

Mate, unless you provided them with bogus information when you signed up, I don't know why they would need all that info. I would call Paypal Australia and speak to them over the phone.

thx all,
I need to know what does the "supplier" exactly mean, and if it is proper for me to provide my employer's contact number?

thx all,
I need to know what does the "supplier" exactly mean, and if it is proper for me to provide my employer's contact number?

Based on your above posts, you won't be able to use paypal again until you give them that info. Something has obviously happened recently that led them to restrict your account. If your paypal account is important to you, why don't you call them and find out?

:blink:

Based on your above posts, you won't be able to use paypal again until you give them that info. Something has obviously happened recently that led them to restrict your account. If your paypal account is important to you, why don't you call them and find out?

:blink:

thx, I would.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with a secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience

That sounds like a spam/scam e-mail almost....:eek:

That sounds like a spam/scam e-mail almost....:eek:

That's what I was thinking, that's why I asked who was requesting the info.

"Apologize" sounds like an email, and doesnt sound Australian....

If you're going by an Email, I'd be VERY cautious what you write back, in fact, I wouldnt. I'd ring them in the morning.

What happens when you log in to your account?

And again, you don't need to deposit the money into your paypal account. Once you've added a bank account, which it sounds like you've done (perhaps), you can make payments via paypal direct from your bank account.

Back
Top Bottom