Qld card show RNA Sunday 5th May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw him there but no tables or cards nothing at all?

Hmmm brutal statements from some. I'm not sure what you were expecting? It's the first show I've ever seen since Cararra markets had a set up in about 1998. So maybe I have no idea what's supposed to be there.

I figured there would only be a couple of stalls. As an NBA collector of course I would have loved to see more stuff but I didn't have much money anyway.

I looked through a bit of what sashquach had, good to meet ya mate. I actually wanted to grab some boxes but am low on funds at the moment, I had to get out of there otherwise I would've gotten myself in trouble with the wife:)

It's good to see stuff I've never seen in hand before, sometimes pics/scans on ebay just don't show a cards true aesthetic.

Ended up just gettng a few supplies and a Timmy Duncan Finest refractor:thumbsup:

Just wish I had some coin to drop on those boxes.

I think some of you got the wrong idea of what a toy and hobbie show is There were a few stores of everything to please everyone too. Maybe some of you might have expected the show to revolve around the NRL this is not the case as I said before it is a toy and hobbie show. If all you want is a NRL card show you should look into it and organize one. Good luck you will need it

I was happy with what I got at the show,good to talk to someone in person from ESP I won a lucky door prize I won a Power Play folder,catching up with some collectors their was gr8.
I had a chance not only to catch up with collectors but also some dealers as well I even picked up a couple of bargins.
I know this will be the start of more shows to happen in Brisbane.

Toy, hobbie and collectible shows stopped in Brisbane in about 2005 or so with the closure of the Mt Gravatt fair. An attempt was made to rekindle the concept by a couple of hard working OZCT members but its a lot of work to put it together on a regular basis. Paying for venue and insurance etc.

Unfortunately the day of a locally run card fair, that is run by a couple of amateurs is gonski, without some sort of corporate backing its just too hard.

The shows not everyones cup of tea, some loved it some hated it thats the way the cookie crumbles. I missed the show so cant comment on it but from what ive read theres pros and cons from both sides so its a personal preference.

We have a show coming up in Newcastle soon. If anyone has some constructive suggestions on what would have made this day better that we could use for Newcastle I would be happy to hear them.

We have a show coming up in Newcastle soon. If anyone has some constructive suggestions on what would have made this day better that we could use for Newcastle I would be happy to hear them.

Hi Owen,

1 thing the Brisbane could have done with is a small store selling some drinks as people had to go away from the show to get a drink so some may not have returned. Several of us collectors/dealers had a great day trading and chatting so maybe a small section with empty tables and chairs for them to sit around comfortably and trade. And definitely some better advertising as other than Ozcardtrader I wouldn't have even known it was on. ESP could have easily sent an email to everyone that buys from them to assist since they were there giving away promos and some packs.

Whether you liked it or hated at least people had a go and tried to help the hobby and it is not easy to set these things up as you have to rely on a lot of different people.

Good luck with Newcastle guys.

Cheers Glenn

Hi All!

I made my debut in Brisbane yesterday at this show "Jargernaut Sports Collectables", after having just expanded my operation from Rockhampton.

It was great meeting some of you yesterday from this forum, other sellers and collectors from around the region. This was my first show of any kind and I didn't really know what to expect so for all of you that chatted and dealt with me yesterday thanks for you understanding.

This is also my first post in the forum so a big "G'day" to everyone here!

-Jason

Just been to the show at RNA show grounds, very disappointing. 2 card stalls.
Drove up from goldy just to find out I have to pay $6 to browse over priced cards and deal with fat men with bad body odour.
Surely Qld can do better than this.
I think you have to grow up a bit mate. The industry does not evolve around you and what you think. Your comment that you have posted is quite offensive to people in the industry. We all can do without your statements mate. And personally we dont need people like you at hobbie and card shows.

I enjoyed the show. I managed to pick a couple of boxes and also picked up about 13 AFL Draft Pick Signatures for my sets.

The only thing I found a little dissapointing was how dim the shed was (hard to view cards for condition issues) and lack of toilets (pregnant wife) which made us leave early. But it was great seeing other things in the collecting hobby other than just cards.

I think you have to grow up a bit mate. The industry does not evolve around you and what you think. Your comment that you have posted is quite offensive to people in the industry. We all can do without your statements mate. And personally we dont need people like you at hobbie and card shows.
It seems his comment Moz was the spark for what happened after (comments deleted) where a few members fired up and resulted in sluggy74 being banned from the site but the other lot being able to stay on here....(you all know who you are)

Why shouldn't someone be able to defend against comments and pm's directed at him.

I PM'd mods to find out how long sluggy was banned for and got a couple of messages back but since then nothing.

Seems there might be some favouritism on here and if you don't like someone saying something against your buddy then you get banished.

Bring back the slug i say !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom