PS3 NBA2K13 Online Association

Re: PS3 NBA2K10 Online Season

Hey mate, Ive lost the TV apparently.... Could still be on a little later if I don't fall asleep first! Sorry dude!

bugger! There's always something that gets in the way of our game either on your end or mine. We'll get there, i'll be up till about midnight so just hit me up :v:

Thanks for a good game Digeze.

Very competitive. He was in control most of the game by margins of about 6-10 points. I drew it back to 3 and had a chance to get within 1 with less than a minute to go, but Iggy blew a layup (probs should have passed it).

Pretty happy with the game, especially from Thad Young - played some good ball.

Still relatively annoyed at the ease of Dwight Howard to get an entry pass into the paint and just dunk it. When he actually posts up it's more realistic...

Good competitive game though, had a chance to win it, but hey lots of games left, maybe I'll be able to take the next one in Orlando.

Yer, was a close game. A couple of times the lead got to double digits, then i'd look at the score 60 seconds later and it'd be a 1-3 point game.

Offensive rebounds helped quite a bit. Also gave a lot of minutes to guys i wouldn't normally run with just to change up the matchups a bit.

Looks like it will be a very competitive series but my aim is to desperately try and cling onto that homecourt advantage :)

Yer, was a close game. A couple of times the lead got to double digits, then i'd look at the score 60 seconds later and it'd be a 1-3 point game.

Offensive rebounds helped quite a bit. Also gave a lot of minutes to guys i wouldn't normally run with just to change up the matchups a bit.

Looks like it will be a very competitive series but my aim is to desperately try and cling onto that homecourt advantage :)

Yeah I actually enjoyed playing the game - and with the knowledge that the games will be good will enjoy the rest of the series too.

Yeah towards the beginning I got destroyed on the glass.

One thing though - When I'm on the break and it's a 1 on 1 and you do an intentional foul. I don't really think that's fair because in the NBA if it was an intentional the player would get called for an intentional, which I'm pretty sure would be shots and the ball.

Unless they are making a play on the ball it is an intentional...

You only did it once in that game so not too fussed, but I remember back in Season 1 in one game you did it quite a few times. If it was real life you would have been penalized for that wouldn't you?

Anyway might have to check that as I'm not sure but I just think that's a bit dodgy/annoying.

The game doesn't allow you to do clear path fouls. If you are on the fast break and i foul you from behind you would get the clear path foul (technical free throw and the ball back) as per NBA. If i get in front of you and then foul it is a regular foul just like in the NBA.

It does happen in every single NBA game i ever watch and a player would get ripped by his coach if he didn't intentionally foul to stop a gift 2 point layup.

The game doesn't allow you to do clear path fouls. If you are on the fast break and i foul you from behind you would get the clear path foul (technical free throw and the ball back) as per NBA. If i get in front of you and then foul it is a regular foul just like in the NBA.

It does happen in every single NBA game i ever watch and a player would get ripped by his coach if he didn't intentionally foul to stop a gift 2 point layup.

Hmmmm.

I see when they get a steal and they are running alongside them they might go for the foul. I don't think I've ever seen the case where the offensive player is coming towards the basket and the defensive player runs out from under the basket to foul them before they can attempt the shot.

But fair call, I'll just have to add that to my game-plan.

Hmmmm.

I see when they get a steal and they are running alongside them they might go for the foul. I don't think I've ever seen the case where the offensive player is coming towards the basket and the defensive player runs out from under the basket to foul them before they can attempt the shot.

But fair call, I'll just have to add that to my game-plan.

No probs. I don't remember it like that....if it was a fastbreak wouldn't my player be running back to get on defensive? I don't remember getting a player down the court faster than you then stopping under the basket and then running out to you to foul. Seems a bit odd unless i had a whippet like Brooks or Cp3 as my defensive guy or you were running the fastbreak with Dalembert.

Each to their own. I do look forward to game 2.

Season 2 as well....i only have 2 games left.

No probs. I don't remember it like that....if it was a fastbreak wouldn't my player be running back to get on defensive? I don't remember getting a player down the court faster than you then stopping under the basket and then running out to you to foul. Seems a bit odd unless i had a whippet like Brooks or Cp3 as my defensive guy or you were running the fastbreak with Dalembert.

Each to their own. I do look forward to game 2.

Season 2 as well....i only have 2 games left.

It was Jameer fouling Iguodala. But yeah either way no biggie. Always happy to have a good contest. :thumbsup:

Season 2 Games to be Played by today or WILL be forfeited:

Chicago @ New Orleans
San Antonio @ New Jersey
New Jersey @ Orlando
Dallas @ Detroit
Detroit @ New Orleans
Washington @ Dallas
Chicago @ Houston
Indiana @ New Jersey
New Orleans @ Washington
San Antonio @ Denver
Golden State @ Cleveland
Orlando @ San Antonio
Denver @ Dallas

Me and aussiemjfreak(Bulls) have tried to get our game done a few times now. Last night being the last but looks like he had issues with his controller. Don't know if you can hold this game for us untill he gets it fixed or grabs a new one?
It wouldn't be fair to him if the game is simmed

What happens if Verse makes the playoffs with Memphis? The way he's playing at the moment looks like Memphis will get up there. Will he retain ownership of them in the playoffs? Or is another user coming in soon....

Just occurred to me last night when checking out the standings. Doesn't seem that fair considering his original team didn't win many games and he gets another shot....

Not having a dig at you Nick, just food for thought. What do you guys think?

I think it's fine that Nick plays Memphis all the way. Not like he was dropping games on purpose with the Cats and we needed a reliable, good player to take over the Griz.

Also, I reckon Nick/Ian should get an extension. I personally don't know why we are simming any game when we have so long left in the season. Does it matter if we have outstanding games from Week 1 that much? They'll get played gradually, just need to keep reminding people instead. Simming sucks really as no one plays so it's not a real result in terms of playoffs.

I think it's fine that Nick plays Memphis all the way. Not like he was dropping games on purpose with the Cats and we needed a reliable, good player to take over the Griz.

Also, I reckon Nick/Ian should get an extension. I personally don't know why we are simming any game when we have so long left in the season. Does it matter if we have outstanding games from Week 1 that much? They'll get played gradually, just need to keep reminding people instead. Simming sucks really as no one plays so it's not a real result in terms of playoffs.

Hmmm. Well I love Nicko so I'm happy for him to do that. Just thought it was kind of like giving him two shots at making the playoffs, when the team that might make it wasn't his originally.

I don't really know what you are talking about dropping games, that doesn't have much to do with it...

I'm also still fuming at the Heat giving up a 14 point lead with 7 minutes left in the 3rd to lose by 9.

I'd just put my season with the cats down as experience i didn't get in the original season 1 all you guys were a part of ;)
Remember i only got the game 2 days before this season 1 kicked off but saying that i don't mind either way i just wanted to play some games as i was getting bored not having any game time, wasn't trying to make the finals just wanted a mess around :thumbsup:

I'd just put my season with the cats down as experience i didn't get in the original season 1 all you guys were a part of ;)
Remember i only got the game 2 days before this season 1 kicked off but saying that i don't mind either way i just wanted to play some games as i was getting bored not having any game time, wasn't trying to make the finals just wanted a mess around :thumbsup:

Personally I don't have a problem Nicko :thumbsup:

I just thought others might think it's a bit unfair though. But it seems we have a pretty quiet league haha. :lol:

I personally don't know why we are simming any game when we have so long left in the season. Does it matter if we have outstanding games from Week 1 that much? They'll get played gradually, just need to keep reminding people instead. Simming sucks really as no one plays so it's not a real result in terms of playoffs.

I think the point of simming games for fortnightly deadlines was to ensure the season actually progresses with a definitive date, or at least an estimate of when the playoffs will be. As apposed to the activity gradually screeching to a halt and the interest in the league wanning. As it becomes a situation where only a couple of games are being played a week people lose interest fast as other teams become less enthusiastic and less available for games. The simming was to keep the league moving forwards despite the natural trend for it to die off.

Back
Top Bottom