Prizm, anyone gonna bust?

Jaames

Seahawks/Knicks/Liverpool
Real Name
Jaames
I've got 2 boxes coming sometime this week and was wondering who else will be busting these? I wanna call dibs if anyone pulls anything Seahawks from this set

I am thinking about it, but am waiting to see what Contenders is like first. If you pull any Raiders or Rhett Ellison, LMK I will be very keen!

I am thinking about it, but am waiting to see what Contenders is like first. If you pull any Raiders or Rhett Ellison, LMK I will be very keen!

Will do mate. The price these boxes are pretty good. I'm getting mine from Mr Papparzzi from here on the forum

Gonna give em a miss for now, I'm not convinced they will have the same impact on the football collectors as the basketball. If the prices drop, sure they'll be fun.

bought a Chargers case share for $23 that will do me for now

Will do mate. The price these boxes are pretty good. I'm getting mine from Mr Papparzzi from here on the forum

How much are they going for? The thing I like most about Contenders is that for it's price (normally around the 4100-$120 mark I think will be) you get 5 autos and the autos tend to sell very well too. They also tend to have a bigger rookie checklist (good and bad thing!) so hopefully Burris features in this set also!

Gonna give em a miss for now, I'm not convinced they will have the same impact on the football collectors as the basketball. If the prices drop, sure they'll be fun.

bought a Chargers case share for $23 that will do me for now

The Gold inserts /10 of key rookies are selling for a mint. I've been watching a Russell Wilson that's going for well over $500

The Gold inserts /10 of key rookies are selling for a mint. I've been watching a Russell Wilson that's going for well over $500

Yeah they have been selling real well. Not sure how long it will last though. The rookies that have SP versions of their RC's have Gold versions of both too.

Yeah they have been selling real well. Not sure how long it will last though. The rookies that have SP versions of their RC's have Gold versions of both too.

Yeah that's why I'm getting in quick. I really wanna bust a Seahawks gold myself. If I get a Gold of anyone else it will be hitting eBay while people are still paying crazy

Yeah that's why I'm getting in quick. I really wanna bust a Seahawks gold myself. If I get a Gold of anyone else it will be hitting eBay while people are still paying crazy

I think they will stay pretty popular for a little while just because there is no other new set like it coming out any time soon.

2 Golds per case or something... $130+ a box for 2 auto's and a 20% or whatever chance for a gold... Not for me... Could pick up one hell of a Barry Sanders auto for the price of a cpl of boxes.... even a half decent one for the price of one...

Looks like a lot of fun, the cards look great and I hope ya smash the odds,

I guess unless I get a real itch to break or it's black friday Im gonna give the busting a miss in most cases.. It seems too hard for an NFL collector in Aus to move non pc/low-mid end stuff unless you're pretty much giving it away as there is not enough collectors here to create a demand... I picked up a PC Vincent Brown BGS 10 Nat treasure patch/auto #/9 for $90 dlvd Priority and I also picked up 5 x 09 Exquisite Relic auto Booklets (including Kurt Warner and Romo) as well as a Deacon Jones Legendary Exquisite auto for $100 the lot... can't get that value in a box for the most part...

However, If I win lotto or have an unexpected win fall... I will buy this shit by the case :woot:

2 Golds per case or something... $130+ a box for 2 auto's and a 20% or whatever chance for a gold... Not for me... Could pick up one hell of a Barry Sanders auto for the price of a cpl of boxes.... even a half decent one for the price of one...

I guess unless I get a real itch to break or it's black friday Im gonna give the busting a miss in most cases.. It seems too hard for an NFL collector in Aus to move non pc/low-mid end stuff unless you're pretty much giving it away as there is not enough collectors here to create a demand... I picked up a PC Vincent Brown BGS 10 Nat treasure patch/auto #/9 for $90 dlvd Priority and I also picked up 5 x 09 Exquisite Relic auto Booklets (including Kurt Warner and Romo) as well as a Deacon Jones Legendary Exquisite auto for $100 the lot... can't get that value in a box for the most part...

However, If I win lotto or have an unexpected win fall... I will buy this s*** by the case :woot:

I am the same lately. I have not purchased many boxes at all recently - just singles and the odd box reak. Even to make trades now it's getting to the point where unless it is a sizeable trade value wise it's not worth it as the PO over here has jacked their prices up like in the States. Costs me about $6-$8 to send a few cards to Aussie now and around $12-$14 to send to the States.

However, If I win lotto or have an unexpected win fall... I will buy this s*** by the case :woot:

I hear you. I haven't busted any NFL boxes since I went exquisite crazy. Selling NFL cards off eBay is pretty much impossible. I've been sitting on a stack of exquisite for years. I'm buying these boxes because there is a heap of Seahawks in it, not many boxes have Seahawks in the last few years

I hear you. I haven't busted any NFL boxes since I went exquisite crazy. Selling NFL cards off eBay is pretty much impossible. I've been sitting on a stack of exquisite for years. I'm buying these boxes because there is a heap of Seahawks in it, not many boxes have Seahawks in the last few years

See this is a good reason to bust this, actually two... 1) No busts in a while... We all gotta bust man... It's like Vampires quenching the thirst ;)
2) SEAHWAKS!!!..... It's the same with set collecting... If ya going for a set of something, bust away because it's not all about the "Hits"... me I'd hit 2 scrub rookies /499 and a Matt Cassell Prizm or whatever and be like "now why the fuck did I do that???"

See this is a good reason to bust this, actually two... 1) No busts in a while... We all gotta bust man... It's like Vampires quenching the thirst ;)
2) SEAHWAKS!!!..... It's the same with set collecting... If ya going for a set of something, bust away because it's not all about the "Hits"... me I'd hit 2 scrub rookies /499 and a Matt Cassell Prizm or whatever and be like "now why the f*** did I do that???"

This is why I would consider busting more of Gridiron - for the set.

This is why I would consider busting more of Gridiron - for the set.

Yup, when I get some more boxes (whenever that is, may not be till Black Friday) I am going to grab one or two more Gridiron just to complete the base and get as many inserts as I can... First set since Ive been back in the hobby where Ive actually taken a good look at every card Ive busted from packs.... brilliant set

Yup, when I get some more boxes (whenever that is, may not be till Black Friday) I am going to grab one or two more Gridiron just to complete the base and get as many inserts as I can... First set since Ive been back in the hobby where Ive actually taken a good look at every card Ive busted from packs.... brilliant set

100% agree. I don't normally bother even trying to complete base sets for NFL (this will be my first) but the photo shots for the base cards are absolutely stunning. Some of the best photos I have seen in a set for a long, long time. Makes a change from the generic basic player shot where he is throwing a pass or a basic running motion.

Shots like Drew Brees diving for a possible TD instead of a standard throwing pose and one of the Packers guys (Jennings maybe?) in a Lambeau Leap with fans all around him. Awesome shots!

I am the same lately. I have not purchased many boxes at all recently - just singles and the odd box reak. Even to make trades now it's getting to the point where unless it is a sizeable trade value wise it's not worth it as the PO over here has jacked their prices up like in the States. Costs me about $6-$8 to send a few cards to Aussie now and around $12-$14 to send to the States.

Definitely, Kinda questioning what I give a shit about hobby wise now outside of PC/higher end...

Used to love those $1-3 steals at auction to pass the time, now they are pretty much out of the question unless it's for the PC... Tradebait is out for the sake of trade bait, If Im not gonna personally enjoy it for a while there seems to be no point... The hobby is the real loser in this... Had a PC card gor for $10 as the seller had blocked int'l... I had the sniper set at $26... would have got it for $20... after initially agreeing the seller got scared from higher postage and just blocked intl bids... didnt even give me a heads up... could have then got Matty to have a crack for me, but no missed out all together...

Definitely, Kinda questioning what I give a s*** about hobby wise now outside of PC/higher end...

Used to love those $1-3 steals at auction to pass the time, now they are pretty much out of the question unless it's for the PC... Tradebait is out for the sake of trade bait, If Im not gonna personally enjoy it for a while there seems to be no point... The hobby is the real loser in this... Had a PC card gor for $10 as the seller had blocked int'l... I had the sniper set at $26... would have got it for $20... after initially agreeing the seller got scared from higher postage and just blocked intl bids... didnt even give me a heads up... could have then got Matty to have a crack for me, but no missed out all together...

This is why I just started a borderlinx account. I get all my eBay buys sent there, most of the time free shipping. Then when I get to about 15 cards I'll get them all sent out at once

Definitely, Kinda questioning what I give a s*** hobby wise now outside of PC/higher end...

That sucks! I hate when the seller blocks international buyers. You can't even message them to say you will be the higher shipping costs when it's a PC card you really want. I missed out on a Rhett Ellison Crown Royale (#d less than 10) because my friend who I would normally use to bid for me was away for the week. The card sold for $0.99 too! I would have paid $20 odd for it!!

But yeah I understand the not buying tradebait too. I used to do that a lot when I picked up a card or two to make full use of the combined shipping, but now I don't bother too much unless it's of someone I know someone here or elsewhere that I know collect the player and would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom