Pokémon GO Discussion and picture thread

i agree but i think it might even end up being better in a rural area. for me because im out and about in the city all the time i have so many gyms that a tier 2 and silver badges. i have none that are gold because im near so many.

people are saying that you are going to need a gold gym badge to obtain invites to that particular mewtwo raid.

heaps confusing. which is no different to anything else they've done thus far. the general trend is though that they stuff it all up and as means of not embarrassing themselves, offer some really easy solution.

i agree but i think it might even end up being better in a rural area. for me because im out and about in the city all the time i have so many gyms that a tier 2 and silver badges. i have none that are gold because im near so many.

people are saying that you are going to need a gold gym badge to obtain invites to that particular mewtwo raid.

heaps confusing. which is no different to anything else they've done thus far. the general trend is though that they stuff it all up and as means of not embarrassing themselves, offer some really easy solution.

None of the many people I have spoken to are any the wiser on the subject.

Howdy folks!
So MewTwo.... WOW right!!

From a screen I saw earlier, there's plenty of notice - like DAYS?!?!
upload_2017-8-18_9-59-37.png

Having some new-found fun in PoGo, partially "air-borne" with Pokemon hunting/pokestop spinning (GSP does not remain steady enough for Raids).

Has meant I've picked up a few new Regional mons, too. :)

Howdy folks!
So MewTwo.... WOW right!!

From a screen I saw earlier, there's plenty of notice - like DAYS?!?!
upload_2017-8-18_9-59-37.png

Having some new-found fun in PoGo, partially "air-borne" with Pokemon hunting/pokestop spinning (GSP does not remain steady enough for Raids).

Has meant I've picked up a few new Regional mons, too. :)
We tried to call in some air support for a raid we did today LOL.

Can't wait for the big pussy cat to come out, ever since I first started playing Pokemon I have wanted this one.
Hype is real.

I still can't raid remotely, but I can collect the mons!! Just this morning, I've caught 2x 100% IV Ryhorns, and a 100% Eevee.

I'm about to start working on an iPhone 5s tonight, hopefully I can get that working properly, although I did read this morning that Niantic have quietly made changes to their 3rd party GPS support, or lack of should I say, which might mean less and less of the maps we know & use might become defunct.

Caught up with some folks on Saturday for a meet and greet plus a few raids. First time for me actually getting out and having a decent crack at them. Went 0/3 on Legendary raids, but did end with a Tyran catch, he was about 84-89% which made me happy.

I still don't have a Corsala yet, some say you can legit catch them from NT region?

I still can't raid remotely, but I can collect the mons!! Just this morning, I've caught 2x 100% IV Ryhorns, and a 100% Eevee.

I'm about to start working on an iPhone 5s tonight, hopefully I can get that working properly, although I did read this morning that Niantic have quietly made changes to their 3rd party GPS support, or lack of should I say, which might mean less and less of the maps we know & use might become defunct.

Caught up with some folks on Saturday for a meet and greet plus a few raids. First time for me actually getting out and having a decent crack at them. Went 0/3 on Legendary raids, but did end with a Tyran catch, he was about 84-89% which made me happy.

I still don't have a Corsala yet, some say you can legit catch them from NT region?
Corsola can be caught at Rainbow Beach and Tin Can bay.

Corsola can be caught at Rainbow Beach and Tin Can bay.

Nice didnt know that.

I just caught a 100% IV Machop (822CP) in Vegas, so kinda locked in that region for a while, but I might venture out that way later in the day and try to snag one for the Dex.

Trying to level up my 2nd account, currently on level 24, still a grind away from 30!!

Caught my first Moltres last night, kinda stoked about that! We tried 2 raids, the first a Zapdos, which ran. Almost like I had no chance with 6 balls. At least with Moltres, I had 12!

Still need to grab me a Zappy and a Lugi.

hey guys how does the spoofing work? Got a kid laid up in hospital and he's going out of his mind. I figured I'd start him a new account so as
Not to jeopardize his level 25 account.

Caught my first Moltres last night, kinda stoked about that! We tried 2 raids, the first a Zapdos, which ran. Almost like I had no chance with 6 balls. At least with Moltres, I had 12!

Still need to grab me a Zappy and a Lugi.

Good luck on the catches mate. There is always one of the coloured birds that seems tougher for some.
Moltres was my kryptonite. Lugia seems equally difficult for everyone though :woot:

Articuno is my bad one 0 from 7 so far Lugia took me 6 goes the other two first and second go,

Hey guys there is talk if you haven't caught all 4 legends you can't get a invitation raid pass for Mew two
Is this true,

Articuno is my bad one 0 from 7 so far Lugia took me 6 goes the other two first and second go,

Hey guys there is talk if you haven't caught all 4 legends you can't get a invitation raid pass for Mew two
Is this true,

Really don't think anyone knows how this invite process is going to work at this stage.
All I am doing at this stage, is as many raids at as many gyms as possible.

Done a couple Big Bird raids over the weekend, would have liked to have done more, and even got screwed out of a couple - people couldnt wait and/or communicate a go time to join.
Managed a Moltres for my wife's account, and can't recall if I had one already, but have one now.

Zappy and Lugi still run away from me.

Scored another Tyranitar though, that was fun. Crappy CP/IV but it's another none the less.

hey guys how does the spoofing work? Got a kid laid up in hospital and he's going out of his mind. I figured I'd start him a new account so as
Not to jeopardize his level 25 account.

First question to ask, what phone you using?

Next mention, there is or at least WAS a massive ban wave going around alerting people to the fact Niantic were on to their spoofing antics. This included but didnt limit users to IV checker type apps, as well as spoofing apps.

Last mention, there are cool-down times. Supposedly maximum 2hrs cool-down if you spoof locations further than 1500KM away. Various locations various times.
Just a matter of being careful. If you bugger up, it's a soft ban, but that might also be different now given the mention above on ban waves.

Here's my "success" stories...

Android - I can hot-spot or "snipe" specific mons at specific locations (ie I just went to Singapore this morning and caught a 100% IV Ghastly), but I cannot stay in location for more than 30 seconds give or take, without losing GPS signal.
If I'm close to home, I do what's called rubber-banding, where you bounce around locations to and from home. Further away from home the better, but still lose GPS signal after about 30 seconds.

I'm using the latest version of Android (7.1.1) and am restricted to what I can do. I know of people using older versions that can access various apps with joystick functions, and literally "walk" around location without issue.

Leads me to iOS... - I can virtually do what I want. I can spoof location, and move around with a joystick.
I'm using an older phone (5S), with the 2nd latest iOS (I don't know if updating will cause issues).
This is achieved by installing essentially what's known as a HACK version of the Apple Store (I'm told it's basically the Chinese one), and then installing another app, which is a hacked version of PoGo.

Have no idea how the black magic works, but it's working, and so far so good.

I definitely recommend doing with an alternative account, preferably one NOT linked to the same email as your current account(s), JUST in case Niantic swing the ban hammer on an account and affiliated email accounts.

I'm having WAY more fun now than I ever was. Some say it's cheating (definitely IS), but I'm having fun.

Do your homework on the cool-downs, that's the most important bit. And be mindful on the crack-downs that Niantic are bringing. One way they're tracking spoofers is game servers vs GPS location. ie, I was in Singapore on an Australian server. COULD be means for a ban... I also was only catching a single mon, in and out, so they may not trigger an alert on their end. The gym battlers and raid battlers are where the REAL troubles are coming. Have a bunch of friends who raided heavily in Japan, and virtually all their accounts have been warned!

Anyone heard anything on Mewtwo ? the more i wait the more i think its going to be in relation to gold gym badges which hurts me because i don't have any

Anyone heard anything on Mewtwo ? the more i wait the more i think its going to be in relation to gold gym badges which hurts me because i don't have any
Nobody seems to know anything at this stage, I don't see it as doable on Gold badges alone.
I know a lot of high level players that play every day, that still don't have any gold gym badges.
Sounds more reasonable is, those that have done a raid at that gym say in the last month. Say from when the first Legendary bird appeared?!
All speculation at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom