Pokémon GO Discussion and picture thread

Guess who got Dragonite last night on the way home?!?!?!

I was driving home, and noticed that a Victrebell sighting, so I tried to find him, but couldnt - thinking he was on the other side of the road - another turned left instead of turning right moment.

Bummed about missing out, I kept my journey home, until driving by (and stopping) at my usual route of pokestops on the way home, I had a sighting of Dragonite (and there was something else, but whatever it was I didn

Yep 2 ultra balls got him. Was starting to think I'd never see him.

Don't forget about those Razzberry's!! I'm sure they work.

I usually have an absolute abundance of them, like 90+! If I REALLY want a Pokemon, regardless of CP, I'll use 1-2 where possible. If it's a high level one, or a new one, to (try to) avoid them running away, I'll throw what I can at them.

September 5th for next update.

“Some of the features that Pokémon Go fans can expect on its September 5 update may include: refreshed Pokémon Tracker, Trading Pokémon, Special Incense, Legendary Pokémon, Buddy Pokémon, and VR Support.”

Source: http://yourpokemongo.com/new-update-coming-week-heres-expect/

Looking forward to the battle buddy and Trading, all those Kangaskhans I have stockpiled are about to be trade bait :thumbsup:

Looks like we best be keeping some of our doubles!!

I spent the weekend away at a shack, so no hunting for me. I DID have a Lichitung sighting this morning on the way to the office, but couldnt find him. And didnt think to look around - thought I was running late, ended up being 20m early!!

Anyone seen the supposed September 5th update yet???
Just evolved my 100 IV Magikarp to Gyarados, pretty damn happy with that :thumbsup:

No update for me, havent checked the store either...

What was the results? High Gyarados?

I evolved another Clefable (1426CP) a new high - seems I'm sitting on a Clefairy & Weedle nest today at work, with 3 lots of the duo's spawning thus far. Also hatched a 2km egg hatch just sitting in the office... yep, it was another Weedle!

No update for me, havent checked the store either...

What was the results? High Gyarados?

I evolved another Clefable (1426CP) a new high - seems I'm sitting on a Clefairy & Weedle nest today at work, with 3 lots of the duo's spawning thus far. Also hatched a 2km egg hatch just sitting in the office... yep, it was another Weedle!

I did end up with enough candies to power him up a couple of times too ...
Screenshot_20160906-124243_zpspgyqkxkb.png

Was a tough mission this morning, went to a known Magikarp nest.
Weather was looking very iffy when I left home, sure enough I had walked about 3 kms from car and it started raining.
Was absolutely soaked by the time I got back to the car, thanks to Samsung and their waterproof phones.
Got another Eevee from a 10km egg yesterday :( Was hoping for anything but that.
Update should be released worldwide latest Wednesday (USA time I would imagine).

Last edited:
Yeah Eevee's becoming WAY too common for me, too. Although I don't mind them - stockpiling for next Gen's update.

Nice Gyarados, 1800CP!

I'm keen to see this new update with the buddy feature and being able to generate candy! Thinking of using Charmander, having never sighted Charmeleon or Charizard. Another 3rd evolution for me, would be Abra Candy, with no sightings of the 2nd or 3rd evolutions for him, either.

Yeah Eevee's becoming WAY too common for me, too. Although I don't mind them - stockpiling for next Gen's update.

Nice Gyarados, 1800CP!

I'm keen to see this new update with the buddy feature and being able to generate candy! Thinking of using Charmander, having never sighted Charmeleon or Charizard. Another 3rd evolution for me, would be Abra Candy, with no sightings of the 2nd or 3rd evolutions for him, either.
I am going to use my Charmeleon, evolved him from a Charmander with a 95% IV, so very keen to get him all the way to Charizard asap.

Did some hunting (and stopping) last night, didnt really get much, I did get Jynx for the first time. Picked up a dozen or so Magikarp which puts me a tad over 300 candy, still a ways off, but getting closer.

Caught a Slowbro, which was cool for Wifey, she hadnt gotten him yet, she also got a Tentacruel for the first time, too.

OH! Almost forgot, I picked up Aerodactyl the other day at work, he was 885CP.

Sitting at 108/110 seen/caught in the Pokedex now.

Still no update on the erm, update (Buddy), but there's this from Niantic regarding the Pokemon Go Plus feature;

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/pokemon-go-plus/

Pokémon GO Plus, JUST AROUND THE CORNER

It’s almost here! Nintendo and The Pokémon Company just announced that Pokémon GO Plus will be available in much of the world next week, on Sept. 16.

Pokémon GO Plus is a companion device that connects to your phone over Bluetooth® Smart (the Bluetooth low energy connection designed for health and fitness applications), allowing you to keep your phone in your pocket and go about your day-to-day activities while still being able to collect valuable resources and capture even the most elusive Pokémon. We’ve been testing it here at Niantic and we love the way it allows you to blend Pokémon GO even more seamlessly into family and fitness activities. Now you’ll be able to play and enjoy your walk, run, hike, park trips or visits to the library without having to look at your screen all the time.

As you pass by a PokéStop, Pokémon GO Plus will vibrate and light up and alert you to the location. You’ll even be able to collect new items just by clicking the Pokémon GO Plus. If there’s nearby Pokémon hiding in your area you’ll be alerted with lights and vibrations; catch the Pokémon with a button on Pokémon GO Plus and then continue on your way (later, you can check your Journal to see which Pokémon you’ve just caught).

Pokémon GO Plus will be available on September 16, 2016 in most countries and later in the year in a few South American territories.

The Niantic Team

Back
Top Bottom