Playstation 4

owen21

Panthers 1991
Real Name
owen
eBay User
roy2053
I am looking to buy a playstation 4.

My last console purchase was the mega drive so I basically have no idea.

Loved watching the new FIFA 14 and NFL Madden games

Is there anything I should be aware of? Can it play all games? I remember that we could only play games released here at one stage..is that still the case?

any help would be greatly appreciated

PS4 at this stage is region free.
Need to install the game to hdd to play.
So many remakes atm, but since you haven't got a console since mega drive days not an issue.
Best hardware in terms of TFLOPS. So if you like graphics over game play PS4 is for you.

Thanks mate so unlike years ago I might be able to buy the NCAA version of the football games....that would be great

No you can't however they have play now coming soon which will let you stream older games (kind of sucks TBH as I got loads of PS3 discs).

Main reason is different architecture so it be too hard to emulate a PS3.

Other stuff I forgot to mention (which kind of pisses me off with all new consoles)
  • Update Updates and MORE updates lol.
  • The consumer has become the beta tester and patches are released to fix bugs rather than fixing most bugs before release.
  • Also a lot of 3rd party games drop in price quickly. So if you can hold out for 3 months after release the game will drop to like 50-75% retail.
  • Most sports games like FIFA, NBA 2k etc.. are designed in such a way that forces you to upgrade annually as they shut down online servers for the old games. So get use to that.
  • Costs money monthly fee to play online.

Last edited:
I'm on that same bus Dom, took the extra $100 option for 1 game, instead of paying $100 less, and getting 3 games... ha ha.
Still, allowed me to pre-order (essentially "lay-by"), whilst taking advantage of extra trade credit.

Having the Xbox One already, I'm really excited to get hold of a PS4, to finally do some first-hand comparisons.

PS4's are the bomb, I've spent waaay too much time on mine! The release of games has been somewhat slow and disappointing up till this point, but game developers have now had enough time to develop games to the new PS4 hardware so at the back end of this year to next year a few mint games will start coming out.

I used to buy it every year as well. I am still getting used to all the buttons required...looks great though

Got my ps4 late last week and I must admit love the graphics... played a lil fifa and 2k14.... really want to get madden but given time of year will no doubt just hold out til Madden 15. Besides still got the Ps3 for some fun games. Playing a fair bit of MLB 2k12 my career atm... just pitched a perfect game for the first time and it was nerve wracking... wouldn't mind getting mlb the show 14 for the ps4 though.

Got my ps4 late last week and I must admit love the graphics... played a lil fifa and 2k14.... really want to get madden but given time of year will no doubt just hold out til Madden 15. Besides still got the Ps3 for some fun games. Playing a fair bit of MLB 2k12 my career atm... just pitched a perfect game for the first time and it was nerve wracking... wouldn't mind getting mlb the show 14 for the ps4 though.

MLB the show is amazing! I've been playing it non stop for the last few weeks.

You get Watch Dogs too? If so, and if you've played it, thoughts?

I noticed in some places 2K looks better than XB1, but in other places, no different.

Ebay? I saw they had a sale over the weekend, PS4s reduced a fair bit.

Got games Dom?

DSE had a 8% off sale on PS4s

To top it of eBay had a code that someone told me about only valid yesterday (just got in final hour lol). that gave 20% of toys up to $200 per transaction max.

So I got a PS4 + extra controller + Wolfenstein for like $500

no other games so far.

Back
Top Bottom