Peel or no peel?

Vinsanity

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mitch
Hey everyone with the older 90's Refractors & early 2000's do you prefer them with the protective peel or without just want to get everyones opinion?

Should Panini maybe do a protective peel for their Prizms/Refractors?

peel or no peel doesn't really affect the grading. After all, the peel even says to remove protective peel. I think it was just there for protection in the pack. Personally, the cards look much nicer without the peel as there's nothing obstructing the image.

Yeah mate I get what your saying with obstructing the image, a graded card without the peel will be protected either way I think if the cards raw I prefer the peel.
When me and my mates were younger breakin packs some of them couldn't wait to peel that protector off lol

I kept them on for PC cards for a bit, but then got fed up with the writing going diagonally so off it went. All cards in sets had their peeling taken off immediately.

when they started coming out, and i think if you check beckett issues from the era.. if you peeled the card instantly lost a nominated % of its value. i remember upsetting 20 people by peeling a sprewell (my own card) lol

in my barkley collection i think i have 6.. where 4 still has its cover.. and 2 i couldnt take it anymore.

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

I always like to keep them with the peel. I had a AI rookie year finest refractor with peel graded an it got a 8.5 cause of the surface subgrade being dinged due to the peel. I know I could feel and re submit, but being pc I will keep it as thats how I like it. I know I could peel to get a 9.5 if needed tho