Panini Threads 10-11 Blaster Box x2

mason_robj

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
tallskinnyboy_rob
Hey guys,

Scored myself a sweet signed DRose basketball this morning for my birthday (http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/best-birthday-ever.114808/)

AND, two blaster packs of Threads 10-11.

Now, you'd think if the base set is 100 and I'm getting 160 cards, I might have a chance at completing the base.. but no, I'm sitting on 81/100. This is my first ever "box" break, let me know what you think of the hits.. I'm not mega happy.

First blaster:

Jose Calderon GU #/399
Dirk Nowitzki Silver Century Proof #/199
... this is ALL I scored from the first blaster. None of those die-cut jersey type cards, at all. Most breaks on the 'tube seem to include one every few packets.

Second blaster (again, not a single die-cut jersey card):

Luis Scola GU #/399
Andrew Bogut Gold Century Proof #/99
Luol Deng Silver Century Proof #/199
Joe Johnson Orange Century Proof #/199

If anyone wants any of these or has any comments (i.e. how much money I just wasted!), feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Rob

a box of hobby thread will have 4 'hits' (either GU or autographs).
and you should get an insert in every pack (24 total)

also with hobby boxes, you will get a crack at chase cards, (john wall autos, durant, kobe)
someone may correct me, but i dont think blaster boxes have these?

so its good value. you just have to justify the extra $$.

i dont break boxes. i'd rather spend $150 on a card i know im getting.

once in a great while blaster boxes can be good, especially if you can buy them on ebay for something around 1/2 price or whatever. i think on 07-08 bowman i got 2 retail cases and in the first one i got an oden refractor auto rc which back then basically paid for the entire case or something. & then i got a retail case of 08-09 bowman which wasnt nearly as good. & i remember now i got a 05-06 bowman retail case which i got a felton chrome auto rc which at the time was an $80 card or so. so bowman was a pretty good retail product, but thats not around anymore.

but at least now retail boxes usually have a guaranteed jersey, but its a rare occasion for retail boxes to be worth it if you care about getting a return. especially if your in australia where u might have to pay a fairly high shipping price to get it. if a retail box is $10, u have a lot better chance of getting ur money back than on a $20 or higher retail box.

Blasters are known for bad set colation. As to the mini-diecut jerseys ... I i think their just in hobby and standard retail. if you want to get cheap boxes off the net either checkout one of the aussie stores (cherrycollectables seems to be pretty good) or dacardworld.com.

Of course the important question is was there a Jeremy Lin rookie in there. That would make your money back on its own.

Blasters are good if you are a set collector but as the other guys say if you want autos and hits, you pretty much have to go hobby boxes.

your better off buying 1x hobby box at say $150, you'll get 4 hits with more of a chance at some of the chase cards plus heaps of inserts, than 5 blasters at $30 each..

just my opinion though..

Back
Top Bottom