Panini Kobe autos

govern8r

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Troy
Hey guys is it just me or am I correct in saying that Kobe autos (especially in gold standard) are becoming more common since he signed with Panini. It looks like they are asking him to sign every card they make (he must have a six pack on his hand). I have watched many box breaks and nearly all of them pull a kobe auto (except me :( ). I was just wondering if this sits well with everyone? Is this lowering his auto value or making a mockery of higher end cards?

P.S. In the time it took to write this post I am sure many more kobe autos were pulled, shame they are all redemption's and stickers

Yeh his value has been going down since hes signed with Panini, but they were all on card until Gold Standard though

yeah, most are on-card, but there are still redemptions..

it wont affect the exquisite autos, such as limited logos. cos they are just the **** IMO.

but yeah. you can get a kobe auto for $125.
on the same note though, you can get a new SPA lebron auto for the same price.
or a nice shiny MJ for $300. lol

so both companies are guilty of flooding the market..

The good autos, Exquisite, UD Black ect and low numbered autos of Kobe, LJ and MJ will hold there value, but if you pull a kobe out of panini your looking at a 120-130 card which is a little dissapointing for a case hit. At least with upperdeck if you pulled a MJ your looking at 400 plus

kobe UD autos are definitely holding value, most are increasing
adam is right it is really disapointing when you you pull a case hit that can only be resold for less than $150

The thing is Panini are about making the cards affordable to everyone. Sure there are more autos of Kobe out there but I dont hear anyone complaining that they have pulled one or are able to afford one.

Cheers
Matt

---------- Post added 23-08-2011 at 09:16 PM ----------

The other thing is that people are buying cases to pull a case hit and then complaining that they arent making there money back.. I know people like busting packs but wouldn't it be better to buy the case hit for a couple of hundred than buy a case hoping to pull one?

Cheers
Matt

yeah, most are on-card, but there are still redemptions..

it wont affect the exquisite autos, such as limited logos. cos they are just the **** IMO.

but yeah. you can get a kobe auto for $125.
on the same note though, you can get a new SPA lebron auto for the same price.
or a nice shiny MJ for $300. lol

so both companies are guilty of flooding the market..

Mj Auto for $300.... Where????????!

:lol: @ the upside down auto! Imagine pulling that!! You'd be getting really excited then suddenly the big ahhhh fk UD!

I might have to start keeping a bit more of an eye out for cheaper autos then!

The thing is Panini are about making the cards affordable to everyone. Sure there are more autos of Kobe out there but I dont hear anyone complaining that they have pulled one or are able to afford one.

Cheers
Matt

---------- Post added 23-08-2011 at 09:16 PM ----------

The other thing is that people are buying cases to pull a case hit and then complaining that they arent making there money back.. I know people like busting packs but wouldn't it be better to buy the case hit for a couple of hundred than buy a case hoping to pull one?

Cheers
Matt

^^saved me typing the same thing.

I guess part of the problem is that Panini haven't got any big signers like Jordan or Lebron. Kobe is about the only case hit there is. I was left feeling perplexed with the lineup that Panini included for National Treasures. Why add players that modern collectors can't identify with? George Mcginnis, Bob Love, Kiki Vandeweghe, Spencer Haywood, Sidney Moncrief, Gail Goodrich, Dan Issel? Why?
How about Barkley, Pippen, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Webber?

I guess part of the problem is that Panini haven't got any big signers like Jordan or Lebron. Kobe is about the only case hit there is. I was left feeling perplexed with the lineup that Panini included for National Treasures. Why add players that modern collectors can't identify with? George Mcginnis, Bob Love, Kiki Vandeweghe, Spencer Haywood, Sidney Moncrief, Gail Goodrich, Dan Issel? Why?
How about Barkley, Pippen, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Webber?

Think something's up with Shaq, that guy just doesn't seem to want to sign cards for Panini.

Back
Top Bottom