Card numbering

drama5

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel Ramage
Ok, I am sure I will be educated from more experienced collectors, but why do nba cards not use numbered codes to make it easier to differentiate subsets.

For example:

Blue ice - BI1
Blue Wave - BW1
Hyper - HY1
Silver - S1
Chinese New Year - CNY1
Disco - D1

They do this in the afl and it just makes life so much easier. As a new collector I hate trying to decipher wether I have a silver, silver motor, silver wave, silver disco, silver refractory etc etc

It's always been that way with US sports parallels just as it's always been the Aussie sport way to prefix the parallels. I agree, it can be confusing to a beginner but after a while you begin to be able to tell the difference between non - numbered parallels of the same colour just by eyeballing. When you get into the serially numbered stuff, that's when it gets easy.

What I don't get is they do this for Revolution cards but no others .... for some of the other sets, they put "Prizm" on the back, so why couldn't they do the same.

What I don't get is they do this for Revolution cards but no others .... for some of the other sets, they put "Prizm" on the back, so why couldn't they do the same.
Yeah I just dont get why not to do it tbh. Seems like another thing that the yanks have made difficult for no reason hahaha

Back
Top Bottom