Ozcards Yahoo Keeper League: Chat/Trash talk!

At the moment we're leaning towards late on a Saturday night, likely 3rd of October? But still need 3 more guys (who have all confirmed they are fine to play again this season) to re-sign in.

Just a heads up also, 14th-19th of this month, I'll be away for work and likely only reached via e-mail *perhaps*. If I'm needed in this time, try me that way.

so of the new guys, who got who's team from the 2 that dropped out.
How did you work this out, was it first in got the higher ranked team (worst draft order) or vise versa

How did you work this out, was it first in got the higher ranked team (worst draft order) or vise versa

I've got Aj's crap team!!! Would love a day draft if poss, 1am is steep for me, is it possible for me to have a PC draft if it's at 1am?? Just throwing ideas out there....digeze that doesn't sound good....just do yr best with it Ben
Cheers Al

Ahh it's good to be back...

I'm all for late evening draft too, we could do the draft at the brothel Digz and really get you in the sh!ts

I've got Aj's crap team!!! Would love a day draft if poss, 1am is steep for me, is it possible for me to have a PC draft if it's at 1am?? Just throwing ideas out there....digeze that doesn't sound good....just do yr best with it Ben
Cheers Al

You can just forfit all your players if you want and draft a whole new team, thats the beauty of the keeper league. And Al your night drafts will be very painful cause of the time difference....:(

---------- Post added 16-09-2009 at 09:37 AM ----------

If theres any free spots i would be in for another crack, played it last year but should go better this year cheers,

Pruey, this is a keeper league from last season. There will be your standard leagues opening up in about a month so just keep an eye out for the new threads.

You would be at a disadvantge if you do not opt to keep at least some of your keepers. Doesn't have to be the best players, just the ones that are good value for the draft pick position they sit in. eg. you have Derrick Rose in your 9th pick spot. It is unlikely Rose would last until the 9th round of this years draft so would probably be good value to hold onto as a keeper with your 9th pick. (Rose is just an example, you may not want him ;) )

Hey buzzy. Sitting outside in the cold of a Mansfield night to answer his question on my iPhone! :lol:
Al got AJs team because AJ let me know she wasn't in anymore, so I had 1 open spot and filled it with Al cause he was keen and I know he'll be around. 3-4 weeks later I found out the other guy, Joe, wasn't going to be playing anymore (I went to try contact him more seriously and realized he was banned from ozcards and he still wasn't answering emails) so I suddenly had a 2nd spot open, which I promptly filled by going back through our old thread and finding Terry who had previously expressed interest months ago. Given the difference in time between opening of spots, there was no "figuring out" of which team went to who. I had vacant spots, so filled them asap. Was there a different way I should have been doing it? Had they been same time, I likely would have draw it from a hat or some such.

Alrighty guys, so we're all back now! Draft order will be set this evening based on last years results.

Final thought for drafting is.... Which late night is better? Friday or Saturday? Right now Saturday the 3rd of October is the locked in date, but if Friday is better we can make it Friday the 2nd of October.

This also means that I need EVERYONE's Keeper selections posted in the League Post board by the 30th of September, with the title "__________(Team name) Keepers". IE: Mine will read: Korver 3Ball Thunder Keepers.

Great to have the league in full swing again :D

Guys, problem with the 3rd for draft...how does late 9th of October (Friday) sound?

EDIT: This = Midnight Friday 9th or 12am Saturday the 10th....

So it's starting at midnight in Oz? 2am in NZ?? U checked out the possibility of u drafting for me mate?? Cos starting then is a killer. Date is sweet as.....

So it's starting at midnight in Oz? 2am in NZ?? U checked out the possibility of u drafting for me mate?? Cos starting then is a killer. Date is sweet as.....

Al. Looks like the only way I could draft for you is if I had 2 internet connections running next to each other on 2 separate computers...unless once signed into the draft Ap that opens 30mins before the draft, you can sign out of Yahoo...but I don't think that is the case. I believe it would likely be too slow signing in and out of 2 accounts. Perhaps someone else in the league might have this capability? If I were at work, it'd be easy! But yeah, late at night I'm not at work :p

If not, possibly set the alarm to get you up again? HUGE Pain in the arse, I know, but to get your best possible team, and a team you are darn happy with, it might be best.

And now a rant...STUPID Yahoo and running on the damn US time! :mad::mad::mad:

I have a couple of pc's on a shared network. The only concern would be that between my draft picks i'm usually frantically trying to figure out who my next pick will be so i'm not sure how much of a distraction it would be stopping and making serperate picks on another computer.

Back
Top Bottom