OCT Trade Night - EVENT CANCELLED.

TAB1980

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Trent
Hi all OCT members

I'm looking to host an OzCardTrader exclusive trade night on Saturday 14th October at my local tennis club in Melbourne.

Date: Saturday 14th October

Time: 7:30pm - 11pm

Venue: Legend Park Tennis Club.

Address: 85-95 Capital Avenue, Glen Waverley, Vic. 3150

20230112_195456.jpg

Lots of large tables and space to spread out!

At this stage i have no idea what numbers will look like but i think the venue could comfortably support 30-40 members.

Food: Finger food/ snacks will be provided free (please advise any dietry requirements).

Drinks: No BYO due to liqour licensing. Bar available with limited beer, wine, premixed spirits and soft drinks at less than $5. (Cash only).

For those of you from interstate who might be interested in attending, there is an Ibis and Novotel hotel in Glen Waverley which are about a 5 minute drive from the venue.

This is a great opportunity to get to meet some other members, chat about the hobby, complete base sets without having to deal with the trouble of postage and buy sealed product if you wish.

Mal from Dad & Dave's at Dandenong Market will be available on the night if you wish to purchase sealed product on the night.

If you wish to attend the event, please reply to this thread. I would suggest that you should regularly update your post with numbers you need to complete sets so others attending can bring along the cards you need if they have them. Also include any pc's you have.

Please also include in your reply post if you wish to purchase sealed product. Cut off for sealed product requests would be Monday 2nd October so that Mal has time to order product in if necessary.

If you have any ideas in terms of activities we can run on the night, please raise these in this thread.

I think there's a lot that members can benefit out of a night like this!

Hope to hear from those of you who are interested soon!

Last edited:
I'm definitely keen if you get a few local members onboard and confirmed.

I'd be travelling from interstate but I'd plan other stuff around it to make a trip out of it.

I'd mostly be interested in meeting forum members.. talk the hobby, look at cool cards, discuss PC's, buy something cool for the PC and possibly crack a box live.

I'm definitely keen if you get a few local members onboard and confirmed.

I'd be travelling from interstate but I'd plan other stuff around it to make a trip out of it.

I'd mostly be interested in meeting forum members.. talk the hobby, look at cool cards, discuss PC's, buy something cool for the PC and possibly crack a box live.

I must admit i was hoping for a bigger response but the event is still many months away yet. This was a conscious decision i made in order to give the members from interstate the time to plan a trip if they are interested.

Thanks for being the first to express your interest though mate... who knows, you might start the ball rolling!

If this turns out to be a successful night, this could easily become an annual event for the site.

@TAB1980

Is this still looking at going ahead ?

Yes but i was thinking of perhaps pushing back the date to maybe November sometime since the Voice referendum has decided to hijack the date! What are peoples thoughts on this?

I was going to have a new date approved by the committee before raising this but it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom