Ozcards/Panini Giveaway - Panini Gold Standard Break and Giveaway! Enter now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. About 1989. But was not collecting between 1996 - 2008 other than the odd bargain pickup at markets or on ebay.
2. Denver Nuggets and Broncos, Newcastle Knights, Penny Taylor and many more.
3. Having a place that you can trade or buy cards and also to see other's collections and box breaks.

1) When did you start collecting?

1992. Stopped in 1997. Resumed in 2008.

2) Who do you collect?
Fleer sets mainly. Personal player michael jordan. Somewhat deng.

3) What do you love about Ozcards?
The passion people have about a hobby I do. Ozcard its the main reason I come back to the hobby. It sparked my childhood hobby to flame againd as well as burnt a hole in wallet haha.

Always had footy cards (VFL) ever since I can remember, probably early 70's started collecting properly when I discovered ebay and oct

2) Who do you collect?
Saint Kilda (VFL/AFL) John Stockton, Scottie Pippen and 1969-70 Topps NBA

Great people, Great collections.

Rob

1) When did you start collecting? My earliest memory was opening fleer wax packs in 1987-88 and Hoops in 1989-90, I stopped in the mid 90's and made a return in 2006 once I found this site in 2006.

2) Who do you collect? Patrick Ewing, Patrick Ewing Jr, John Starks

3) What do you love about Ozcards? I'd have to say the tight knit community, this is what keeps me coming back.........oh, and the outspoken characters that provide a barrel of laughs.:lol:

Started in 1993, had a break for a while then came back.

2) Who do you collect?
Autos for players over 1000 games.

Being able to see all the cards from box breaks and being able to trade.

First started collecting in the late 70's as a Kid collecting Scanlens foot ball cards. Stopped collecting near the end of the 80's and then started collecting NBA whilst living in HK in the early 90's

2) Who do you collect?
Mainly collect NRL cards but have started collecting John Wall, and what ever looks good

meeting different people from different back grounds who have similar interests, then meeting them in person, Showing off and seeing other peoples collections and getting help on different products etc

1) When did you start collecting? I started collecting in 1991, first pack i bought was 91 hoops pack and i got a Jordan common and was hooked!

2) Who do you collect? The greatest - Michael Jordan

Its been great to be able to talk to other members at anytime about pretty much anything! Its come in quite handy for info and nostalgia and i find its a lot quicker and easier to trade with people on here than e-bay as well! I was more than chuffed when i came across this site by chance, was pleased to see the industry still alive and well! (i had a break for a few years but after cleaning the shed out.....BAM got the bug again!!)

1994. First series i started to collect was 1993-94 Upper Deck Special Edition. Then started collecting AFL in 1995.

2) Who do you collect?
Richmond Footbal Club. And for NBA, Gary Payton.

One thing I love about OZcards is members sigs they have on the bottom of their post. They all look awesome. :D

I started collecting in 1990 with AFL and cricket cards when I was 8 years old, NBA in 1994, had a hiatus around 1997 and came back in approximately 2003.

2) Who do you collect?

The Minnesota Timberwolves (Isaiah Rider and Malik Sealy are most favourite player collections)

The people I have had the opportunity to meet and the fact that my Timberwolves collection has ballooned from probably 500 to well over 3000 thanks to this community both directly and indirectly. :)

Started in the early 90's - got back into it in 2008.

2) Who do you collect?
Lebron & Garnett

Gotta say that the members make this site what it is and that is what I enjoy! Also a big fan of the maildays and watching everyones collections grow.

Thanks for another great giveaway.

Early 90's when I was a youngster.

2) Who do you collect?
Stephon Marbury and Michael Jordan, Kobe and many others.

I like that it seems to be a some what smaller community, but it has really cool people and it seems there isn't much drama on this site. I dig it.

Here's mine:

1992 till 2000, then on and off. Lately been active since I got here in WA in 2008.

2) Who do you collect?
Shaquille O'Neal

Great members with interesting personalities. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

i really liked the sonics.. then they shifted to OKC, i watched the 2009 draft and like the look of harden, and cos he played for the thunder.. so i looked on ebay for a few cheap cards of his..i liked the look of some of them..so i made the choice to start collecting cards, and harden was it .

2) Who do you collect?
see above

everything. i hasnt been a day in ages that i havent logged on..
everyone is friendly, easy to deal with, and most of all, we all hold the some interests !

thanks for the comp mods

Only Started collecting again early this year i remember collecting AFL cards in the mid-late 80s with my brother but was never really serious about it. Now my daughter is into AFL and Collingwood :)mad: Damn it) and we started to buy a few random packs to find her favorite players.

2) Who do you collect?
Wayne Carey, Brent Harvey anything North Melbourne and sometimes Collingwood for my daughter.

That i can find trades buy inserts im looking for and so far touch wood i haven't had any problems with being scammed like i have on other auction sites. That there are others that i can chat to regarding the hobby. It makes it easier to purchase a box through the case share. I can find products such as the ASCC mag that has helped find the inserts im looking to collect and info on collecting and the hobby itself. That most people on here are willing to help out if you have any questions and generally don't jump all over it if you ask a stupid question. That the Mods are willing to give there time to keep the site running and keep the community a tight nit group and keep the hobby enjoyable.

2) Who do you collect?
Marvin Williams (05-06 SPX Winning Materials...of course ;) )

I love being able to make deals with traders on the other side of the world. Very cool to know that I am getting cards from the other side of the planet that I would otherwise enver been able to acquire. Great site, great members, great finds.

In the early nineties, stopped from 2001 till 2006 and get back in 2006
2) Who do you collect?
Players: O.J. Mayo and Tyreke Evans rookie year, and I like to collects sets of rookies also.

I'm already registered on a few American forums and two europeans and it gives me more possibilities to find cards for my pc. And it's always nice to trade with people from all over the world.

1992. But had a hiatus from 1997-2007. Came back strong in 2008 and haven't looked back.

2) Who do you collect?
Rajon Rondo. Tim Lincecum. Jonathon Toews.

It makes it easier to trade with Aussies. Saves sending overseas. The chatter is pretty good aswell.
Also that Sports Card Magazine that guy made should be good, when i get it.

1996-97 when the Skybox Autographics set came out.

2) Who do you collect?
Amar'e Stoudemire (NY Knicks Jersey)

It is a great community for collectors from all over the world to buy, sell and discuss cards. And its Aussie!

Early 2009

2) Who do you collect?
Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs Cards

Just love the community and its awesome that so many people have the same passion as you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom