Optimum 2022

Anyone been watching the Optimum secondary market sales ? I buy boxes on eBay and I reckon sales are slow compared to other releases . Perhaps more collectors got more boxes in the public release, inflation too starting to be a factor. Buy your shares people

Anyone been watching the Optimum secondary market sales ? I buy boxes on eBay and I reckon sales are slow compared to other releases . Perhaps more collectors got more boxes in the public release, inflation too starting to be a factor. Buy your shares people

Most recent sets haven't been sold nearly two weeks before release day.

Not sure who'd be buying boxes at this stage. Won't be receiving flipped boxes from eBay sellers for nearly another two weeks.

Could very well be that people smartened up and don't want to pay flipper prices as well.

The prices are coming down. Have purchased a few boxes as I can't get them anywhere else. But agree people are not buying as many maybe also due to the fact Brilliance was recently released. And as I said earlier inflation is having an effect on single cards as well as boxes it seems.

I really wouldn't read too much into the resell market at this point. Most backyard breakers work on razor thin margins and won't be going hard at this stage at boxes they won't receive for another two weeks.

I also suspect a lot of eBay listings will disappear when Cherry decide on their bounty. Dale is smart enough to know that long term, with this draft class, underpriced sealed boxes (without the nuisance of eBay fees) will be a very solid investment.

That’s good I have been buying quite a bit of product but I don’t sell mine . The breakers as you say will buy them up eventually.

Hey guys,
I hope everyone's well and looking forward to Optimum shipping this week!

Out of curiosity, and apologies if i've missed this elsewhere in the forum, but do we know if base cards in sets such as this are produced in equal quantities for each player?
I was trying to do some math to work out if there was another unannounced card like the Gold Headliner from last year.

I can't achieve a round number in my calculations, even after reviewing last years Optimum where we know the exact amount of numbered cards produced.
I am basing my calculations on the theory that equal amount of cards are produced for each of the 217 Base cards.

Just thought I'd put the question out there.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, and apologies if i've missed this elsewhere in the forum, but do we know if base cards in sets such as this are produced in equal quantities for each player?
I was trying to do some math to work out if there was another unannounced card like the Gold Headliner from last year.

I can't achieve a round number in my calculations, even after reviewing last years Optimum where we know the exact amount of numbered cards produced.
I am basing my calculations on the theory that equal amount of cards are produced for each of the 217 Base cards.

Cheers!
Someone did the maths on a Facebook page and there is a number of unaccounted cards which would indicate a gold headliner type insert in this release again

Someone did the maths on a Facebook page and there is a number of unaccounted cards which would indicate a gold headliner type insert in this release again
Cheers!
Any idea what group it was? I'd love to see the formula used.

Cheers!
Any idea what group it was? I'd love to see the formula used.

Screenshot_20221003-201356_Facebook.jpg

Going to be interesting with the Horne-francis price market come release
If the trade goes down or not, cant see his D.P.S gaining much $$ traction at all
Awkward position of north fan's not wanting & power fan's not wanting in Roo's colours
His platinum could still hold value, but could be a blood bath with remaining d.p.s.

If the trade goes down or not, cant see his D.P.S gaining much $$ traction at all
Awkward position of north fan's not wanting & power fan's not wanting in Roo's colours
His platinum could still hold value, but could be a blood bath with remaining d.p.s.
Also something that will be fresh in collectors mind given the time of year it is in the AFL cycle is that players from last years release are already being delisted or seeking trades

That's a bit of an issue with series 2 being so late this year

yep.. it's a crazy situation that a rookie player can jump ship just one year into his rookie contract
Also got to feel for the roo's
once again looking like the ugly girl at the school dance

Will still be getting my JHF cards , need to for the set ,he will be a very good player, sux that he is going though.

Hey guys,

Cheers!
I did the same as you with the same result. I couldn't get to a number that made sense to have an additional gold version of a card.

Hey guys,

Cheers!

I wouldn't have thought so. Cases are sequenced including base cards but I very much doubt there would be an exact number of each base card across all 700 cases.

In saying that an Easter egg card seems quite likely regardless but time will tell.

Great opportunity to pick up on the cheap if so. If he turns into the top five AFL player his ceiling suggests he could be, then it honestly wouldnt matter if he was dressed up like Willy Wonka on his rookie cards.

Back
Top Bottom