Official Sneakerheads Thread

Matty4292

Denver Nuggets Fan
Real Name
Matt
Ok I was wondering.... Do you wear the shoes you collect?

I for one do, but I look after them like my own babies. They are cleaned after every wear, never worn in bad weather to risk damage etc. etc. but I do have mates who literally leave them in the boxes, in the cupboard never to see the light of day.

Just keen to see what everyone else is like...

I stock instead of rock. Like Jaames I have a few pairs that I wear with the rest stashed away... mmmmmm new shoe smell!! :lol:

I used to collect kicks, not so much these days. Had around 100+ pairs (only 10-15 were on rotation)
before i sold the 80+ which were deadstock. Figured i could put that money towards a house deposit.
(missus would always say "we cant live or raise a family in your shoes"...well yeah, durr)
But i wouldnt have been able to get close to the money i got for them had i worn them.
Heres a couple of that i miss having...

Carmines:

6CAR.jpg

OG 96 Release Bred 11s (unworn)

11BR.jpg

The "McFly" Hyperdunks...

HDM2.jpg

The "Mcfly" Hypermax...

HMM.jpg

Lebron 'South Beach'

lbj8_sb1.jpg

And lastly, the Jordan x Sole Collector CMFT 11s

sccmftxi.jpg

^^^^ Awesome!! hahaha I can only imagine what else you had!!

I always buy with intention not to wear and to Deadstock them but I only have 1 pair that are still unworn... I can't help myself, but I am like Matt, I tend to clean the crap out of them after Ive worn them!

^^^^ Awesome!! hahaha I can only imagine what else you had!!

I always buy with intention not to wear and to Deadstock them but I only have 1 pair that are still unworn... I can't help myself, but I am like Matt, I tend to clean the crap out of them after Ive worn them!

Thanks brotha. Encore did you say?

Some DS, vintage NIKE AIR Jordans (not the 'jumpman' releases)

3BC.jpg

4WC.jpg

4BR.jpg

5WBR.jpg

6BR.jpg

I rock all my kicks, I do have some i only wear if the conditions are soft like my South Beach 8s.
I have a pair of Galaxy foams coming in and i am gonna beat them to death!

What size are those bred xi's btw?
I know they are dropping later this year but i want a pair of OGs or 2001 as they are much better quality. Top 5 shoe on my hit list.

Those OG Breds were a sz 9.
Had a pair of the Countdown pack Breds which I wore for ball.
Just wanted one for stock.

i never got into the shoes either, too expensive, i look EVERYDAY though at stuff i would buy, foams, pips, pennys, hyperdunks, mcfly, cements, etc etc etc. i had concords in my hand when i was in sydney in line at the counter then put them down and said no! im looking at buying the 95 zoom flight carbon's to wear and another pair that i cant mention cos i want them that bad...but if you i can see why guys who collect dont wear them they can command big $$ especially limited stuff like the south beach big bangs and the foam galaxys which brings me to:

I rock all my kicks, I do have some i only wear if the conditions are soft like my South Beach 8s.
I have a pair of Galaxy foams coming in and i am gonna beat them to death!

you got galaxy foams and you're going to wear them...calling that out straight away!!! unless you got them at cost by a mate who lives in the states im calling they wont leave the carpet!!

I wear em, but look after em and keep em in boxes.

I own:

Jordan 2011z (Red and White)
Jordan 13z (Black and White)
Jordan CP3.4z (White,Black,Aqua)
Nike KD IIz (2 pairs, in white and black)
Under Armour Bloodlines (Brandon Jennings 2011/12 shoe) in Black n Red.

Others:

Airforce 1 lows (blue and white)
Airforce Highs, (all white)
Jordan After game IIz. (White n Grey)

Got a few dream kicks i will own one day!

Penny Foamposites
Allen Iverson's Questions
Adidas ADAN.

:cool:

i never got into the shoes either, too expensive, i look EVERYDAY though at stuff i would buy, foams, pips, pennys, hyperdunks, mcfly, cements, etc etc etc. i had concords in my hand when i was in sydney in line at the counter then put them down and said no! im looking at buying the 95 zoom flight carbon's to wear and another pair that i cant mention cos i want them that bad...but if you i can see why guys who collect dont wear them they can command big $$ especially limited stuff like the south beach big bangs and the foam galaxys which brings me to:

you got galaxy foams and you're going to wear them...calling that out straight away!!! unless you got them at cost by a mate who lives in the states im calling they wont leave the carpet!!

Nope i paid full blown hypebeast reseller price and hell yeah im gonna rock them. Plus i have a fairly large rotation and look after my kicks.
Foams can take alot more punishment than Js.

When shoes you have treasured and kept DS for years start to crumble, You take it to heart and wished you had enjoyed them when you had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom