Official NBL 2015/16 Season Thread

What is the go with the schedule changes coming and what does everyone think about the 5 games per week ?

I guess it sounds good because it means players can play the full season here and also tryout for the NBA when it's time and essential,y get paid the same amount for less time in AUS?

It's great mate. The season ran for too long and there was already a few Wednesday and Thursday games anyway.

The positives are a shorted season with more games each week, with better possibility of TV coverage.

The negatives are possibly smaller crowds, so lets hope they can get it right.

Rumous are the Hawks will be signing Kirk Penney.

It would be great to see Penney back in the NBL, although weird to not see him in a Breakers jersey.

BUT, how are the Hawks signing these big name players, when they still have not paid so many players and staff since before they went into VA. Interesting!

Rumous are the Hawks will be signing Kirk Penney.

It would be great to see Penney back in the NBL, although weird to not see him in a Breakers jersey.

BUT, how are the Hawks signing these big name players, when they still have not paid so many players and staff since before they went into VA. Interesting!

Yeah very good point teams like Hawks Cairns and Townsville where nearly all but gone last season and the league was looking at less teams for this season , and now players like wortho,penny and lisch are signing for them . very interesting!!!!

Yeah very good point teams like Hawks Cairns and Townsville where nearly all but gone last season and the league was looking at less teams for this season , and now players like wortho,penny and lisch are signing for them . very interesting!!!!
Cairns actually made money last year and from what I understand Townsville has no debts. Illawarra on the other hand still owes money to players and other people. I want to see the Hawks still in the NBL and I would hate the NBL to lose any teams, but it seems nuts that they owe people money and yet have signed 3 big name players!

Last player the Hawks followed on twitter was Shawn Marion - had to be a throw off the trail thing doesn't it?
That is strange, but I'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't just a way to get people talking.

Thoughts on the new logo?

IMO it is better than the last one and I like that they are keeping it simple, but its not great.

CLrl_n4UcAAq7Fu.jpg large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom