Official 2011-2012 Playoff thread

And been reading all the posts and I 100% agree with the posts about bandwagon fans. My best mate has been a HEAT fan since 03 and has been to a few of their games in 06. I'm happy for him but I know that all the fake Heat fans will be celebrating like the fans who have been with Miami for ages, which is a seem. I wear other teams jerseys because I collect them, but I will ALWAYS be a Cavs fan, no matter what. No fun in being a bandwagon fan, have to stay with your team through thick and thin!

Did anyone see what Charles Barkley said? Love it...

Barkley:
“If you’re successful, a lot of people aren’t going to like you. That’s just the way it is. I always used to use this analogy: Everybody hates the homecoming queen because she’s pretty. All the ugly girls hate the homecoming queen. And all the dumb kids hate the smart kids. That’s just the way it is. LeBron James, first of all he has to take some responsibility [for] the way he did the stuff last year leaving Cleveland, the decision, coming on stage talking about not five, not six, seven championships. So he deserves some blame, but like I say, he’s a great kid, he’s a great, great player. … If you look at his résumé right now, the only thing he’s missing is a championship, and he’s gonna get that done [Thursday]. And no telling how many championships they’re going to win. … I wish he had stayed in Cleveland, because those fans in Cleveland, man, they’re fantastic. They don’t even have real fans here in Miami, they’re front-runners.“

And been reading all the posts and I 100% agree with the posts about bandwagon fans. My best mate has been a HEAT fan since 03 and has been to a few of their games in 06. I'm happy for him but I know that all the fake Heat fans will be celebrating like the fans who have been with Miami for ages, which is a seem. I wear other teams jerseys because I collect them, but I will ALWAYS be a Cavs fan, no matter what. No fun in being a bandwagon fan, have to stay with your team through thick and thin!

What exactly constitutes a 'bandwagon fan'?? Since were not in the US and not bound to regional team allegiances,

Do u not then barrack for a team with player(s) you like to watch? ie Garnett, Lebron, Carmelo etc..

If that said player(s) is then traded, are you then witheld to support that team (although you may no longer enjoy watching them)
out of 'loyalty' as to not be labeled a 'bandwagon fan'?

What exactly constitutes a 'bandwagon fan'?? Since were not in the US and not bound to regional team allegiances,

Do u not then barrack for a team with player(s) you like to watch? ie Garnett, Lebron, Carmelo etc..

If that said player(s) is then traded, are you then witheld to support that team (although you may no longer enjoy watching them)
out of 'loyalty' as to not be labeled a 'bandwagon fan'?

I always use OKC as an example of what I think a bandwagon fan is:

Couple seasons ago the thunder were a 20 win team and hardly anyone in AUS knew who they were. Now when they start winning they have a huge following.

I think you pick a team for a reason and you stick with them even if the team is losing. You can support other players but I don't think you should go for that team

I always use OKC as an example of what I think a bandwagon fan is:

Couple seasons ago the thunder were a 20 win team and hardly anyone in AUS knew who they were. Now when they start winning they have a huge following.

I think you pick a team for a reason and you stick with them even if the team is losing. You can support other players but I don't think you should go for that team

Is there A Particular List of Reasons on barracking for a team that would make someone exempt from being a 'bandwagon fan'?

When a casual fan first starts watching the NBA, and decides to barrack for a team, they should only be allowed to go for a team thats losing?

So what youre saying is the only true OKC fans are the ones who have supported them from the Seattle days?

Was that the year Shaq got traded to Miami?!

Was he "celebrating like the fans who have been with Miami for ages" when they won in 06?!

:lol: Never claimed the knicks were 'amazing'. My statements were based on that you said that the size of Bynum/Gasol
was going to be a problem for the Heat, nothing else.

Steve Nash to mentor Westbrook? In what, using twitter? Theyre not even remotely close to being similar players!
As Scott Brooks as always said, thats not the point guard he wants.

Only way OKC deserved it more is if they actually won.

How about teaching Westbrook the simple act of passing to a guy with a seal on his man. Because WB can't get it to him (Durant) where he wants it, it wastes time and Durant is forced out of where he wants the ball.

Scott Brooks will back his players until the cows come home. But getting Nash could only be a good thing. Wake up.

Was that the year Shaq got traded to Miami?!

Was he "celebrating like the fans who have been with Miami for ages" when they won in 06?!
One could even say that he jumped unto the Heat bandwagon then?! Its just pompous to judge and say that sports fans can't celebrate a team's victory just because they weren't barracking for the team from the start of time. Who is anyone to compartmentalize and to define what a sports fan is? DW8 you may find supporting a particular sports team fulfilling and rewarding when they eventually pick up from the bottom of the barrel to being a championship contender. I can honestly and wholeheartedly say that I don't care for a team just for the sake of SAYING that I do. I'm sure as heck not going to watch 2.5 hours of awful basketball played by "my team" just so that I appear loyal when the whole reason I begun supporting them to start with is because of a certain player and that player has left. If I watched the Cavs now, would I be a supporting them? Very likely not, there's nothing interesting about the team and there's no players that I like there, including Kyrie Irving. If I watched the Heat before Lebron and Bosh joined the team, would I likely be supporting them? Very likely not, Wade was fun to watch but he didn't have the supporting cast that made them interesting to follow for a whole match. So when one of my favorite players Lebron joined the Heat along with Bosh and some other players, I absolutely supported them because they were exciting and dynamic and not a bore to watch a whole match. Kobe is still one of my favorite players, and if he left the Lakers, sorry, I'm following the team that he joins because he's the reason why I even watch any Lakers games.

dude you started a thread asking if you should still follow the Cavs after leBron left, that is the ultimate bandwagon rider.

Is there A Particular List of Reasons on barracking for a team that would make someone exempt from being a 'bandwagon fan'?

When a casual fan first starts watching the NBA, and decides to barrack for a team, they should only be allowed to go for a team thats losing?

So what youre saying is the only true OKC fans are the ones who have supported them from the Seattle days?

If you just start to follow the NBA and who don't have a team yet, then I'm fine with that person picking any team. I don't like people who switch teams.

One could even say that he jumped unto the Heat bandwagon then?! Its just pompous to judge and say that sports fans can't celebrate a team's victory just because they weren't barracking for the team from the start of time. Who is anyone to compartmentalize and to define what a sports fan is? DW8 you may find supporting a particular sports team fulfilling and rewarding when they eventually pick up from the bottom of the barrel to being a championship contender. I can honestly and wholeheartedly say that I don't care for a team just for the sake of SAYING that I do. I'm sure as heck not going to watch 2.5 hours of awful basketball played by "my team" just so that I appear loyal when the whole reason I begun supporting them to start with is because of a certain player and that player has left. If I watched the Cavs now, would I be a supporting them? Very likely not, there's nothing interesting about the team and there's no players that I like there, including Kyrie Irving. If I watched the Heat before Lebron and Bosh joined the team, would I likely be supporting them? Very likely not, Wade was fun to watch but he didn't have the supporting cast that made them interesting to follow for a whole match. So when one of my favorite players Lebron joined the Heat along with Bosh and some other players, I absolutely supported them because they were exciting and dynamic and not a bore to watch a whole match. Kobe is still one of my favorite players, and if he left the Lakers, sorry, I'm following the team that he joins because he's the reason why I even watch any Lakers games.

Ok so you support teams with your favorite players in them right? Now that's what you like to do and I respect it but I just don't agree with it. I just find following a team through out the rebuilding years fun as well because I like seeing what the team does to rebuild. I just find staying with one team for your life is more loyal. That's my opinion.

Player follower here but I continue to watch some of Minnesota too for some reason. I don't mind whether people follow a player OR team. The term bandwagon is used just to make it easier to discredit someone newly discussing a winning team. We're AUSTRALIAN! Most of us have no real allegiance to US states so take your pick!

Respect for sticking with the Cavs for life though Luke, good stuff!

Gonna change my username here to GarnettFan4LifeUnlessHeGoesToLakers :lol: jk jk

Anyway, this thread is dead yeah? Game Over!

Ok so you support teams with your favorite players in them right? Now that's what you like to do and I respect it but I just don't agree with it. I just find following a team through out the rebuilding years fun as well because I like seeing what the team does to rebuild. I just find staying with one team for your life is more loyal. That's my opinion.
Yup, just giving my opinion too, no offense meant or taken either way. Put it this way Luke. You didn't start following the Cavs before LeBron arrived, and he was the reason you started supporting them. I didn't start following the Heat until LeBron arrived, and he was the reason I started supporting them. You're certainly allowed to follow the Cavs, and more power to ya...but I don't know if you could look a person in the eye and without giggling say that you would rather watch a Cavaliers-Bobcats matchup on tv instead of a OKC-Miami if they were both on at the same time. :) True?

Back
Top Bottom