Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FC Barcelona

• Athletico Madrid

• AC Milan

• Total voters
If Sneijder wants to join City he can be a money-rich pig and do so. I'd much rather Cleverley and Pogba getting a shot in the centre anyway

If Sneijder wants to join City he can be a money-rich pig and do so. I'd much rather Cleverley and Pogba getting a shot in the centre anyway

really? no offense to cleverley or pogba, but sneijder is a different league of player.
plus i think its more than just money now. city are contendors, so you can go there for winning aswell as the truck-loads of cash...
as for fabs, they should just deal already. i can see where arsene is coming from, not wanting to let him go for less than what he thinks hes worth, but for the sake of 5mill its not worth the hassle. especially since everyone knows cesc wants to go home...

Gazetto dello Sport. Inter would be able to afford Tevez then. Good bit of business for City.

---------- Post added 06-08-2011 at 06:26 PM ----------

Still shouldn't sell Cesc on the cheap for the sake of it. It's a very inflated market at the moment, and I'm sure the likes of City would pay £40m+ for him.

Real Madrid proved you cant buy success. Its an old saying but players in a team will always be better than a team of players.

Yeah I know what you meant, no need for the goat.
Still, although United would be favourites at the moment, City would be my next tip for the league. Interested to see how financial fair play works out in Europe.

Real Madrid proved you cant buy success. Its an old saying but players in a team will always be better than a team of players.

not saying city will buy their success. the players they buy will still need to perform together and that may take some time, but you cant deny that city are in a position to start challenging for trophies. which means players thinking of joining them shouldnt be critisized for only wanting money.
chelski have done well since they starting buying whoever they wanted...

---------- Post added 06-08-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Gazetto dello Sport. Inter would be able to afford Tevez then. Good bit of business for City.

---------- Post added 06-08-2011 at 06:26 PM ----------

Still shouldn't sell Cesc on the cheap for the sake of it. It's a very inflated market at the moment, and I'm sure the likes of City would pay £40m+ for him.

yeah, but cesc actually wants to go to barca. its not like they would be getting him bargain basement price. its a pittance what theyre arguing over...

not saying city will buy their success. the players they buy will still need to perform together and that may take some time, but you cant deny that city are in a position to start challenging for trophies. which means players thinking of joining them shouldnt be critisized for only wanting money.
chelski have done well since they starting buying whoever they wanted...

Yeah but Chelsea's success was not immediate. It took the right manager to bring them together as a team and if you look at the side now its generally had the same engine room for a few years now.

Or maybe its that i just ***ing hate City.

Yeah but Chelsea's success was not immediate. It took the right manager to bring them together as a team and if you look at the side now its generally had the same engine room for a few years now.

Or maybe its that i just ***ing hate City.

yeah i think its a bit of manchester rivalry thats gotten into you. roman turned up and that season chelsea finished 2nd. the next season they won the league. it happens quick. and city seem to be doing a better job of playing together.
i guess the only difference is chelsea were top 4 material before roman bought them...

Chelsea were pretty established as a team when Roman came in compared to City basically rebuilding their whole team. City obviously ready to challenge now though I think.

Chelsea were pretty established as a team when Roman came in compared to City basically rebuilding their whole team. City obviously ready to challenge now though I think.

yeah, i just edited my previous post to reflect that...good call.
id like to know where they get their info from? the story claims the sneijder/city deal is basically done, but they dont give any info. no quotes. no references. sounds like another load of bozwollex...
and wenger says hes got a 'super-signing' which could be ready by next week. now THAT is exciting...
on a personal note, looks like the court battle for the olympic stadium is through. westham get it. wont go into why i dont like this again, but its not that great news for us. and allardyce has said theres almost no hope of parker playing for us this season...which was to be expected, but i was getting a little excited since no-ones come knocking yet...
also, no matter how the cesc saga unfolds, it dont look like he'll be ready for newcastle.

really? no offense to cleverley or pogba, but sneijder is a different league of player.
plus i think its more than just money now. city are contendors, so you can go there for winning aswell as the truck-loads of cash...
as for fabs, they should just deal already. i can see where arsene is coming from, not wanting to let him go for less than what he thinks hes worth, but for the sake of 5mill its not worth the hassle. especially since everyone knows cesc wants to go home...

of course Sneijder is. There both young players. Pogba will be a star through the help of game time. Give him some game time and develop him!

of course Sneijder is. There both young players. Pogba will be a star through the help of game time. Give him some game time and develop him!

dont get me wrong, i like cleverley and pogba, and am all for raising youthful talent, but i find it pretty funny that one minute sneijder would be one of the best signings ever, and then when city put in a bid youd rather a couple of begginers. thats not a go at you, im sure most united fans will feel the same. but lets not forget that as far as we know united never even put a bid in, so its not like sneijder snubbed united to go to city, or was holding out for a bigger pay cheque...if all this is even true.
celeverley is suppose to be getting some proper pitch time this season anyway i read?

it's not that City put in bids for him. It's that everyone is saying he wants to go there. I would rather youngsters than a money-wanting over success player anyday of the week. Look at Tevez.

Not sure why Barcelona are even bothering with Fabregas! You already have the best 2 centres in the world for god sake!

---------- Post added 06-08-2011 at 08:36 PM ----------

Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan to join Newcastle | Mail Online

Im suprised that Tevez is not wrapped up on this deal somewhere. Kinda leaves me with some doubt.......will wait and see.

it's not that City put in bids for him. It's that everyone is saying he wants to go there. I would rather youngsters than a money-wanting over success player anyday of the week. Look at Tevez.

Not sure why Barcelona are even bothering with Fabregas! You already have the best 2 centres in the world for god sake!

that was my point earlier tho. with city being in the race for silverware, you cant say its just about the money anymore. even if it takes them a while to click everyone can see the potential there.
and barca's 2 mids are getting on. granted iniesta still has some time left at top form, but xavi will need to be replaced soon enough, so its best to get in someone now to ease into the team...

Back
Top Bottom