NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bob,

Sorry it does sound a bit harsh and your right it could be tight battle with West Tigers and Newcastle but without established halves I think the Titans have the edge.

Happy to donate a Titans card to your PC if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Ross

Apparently Brisbane will sign one of Canberra's best prospects for 2017 and beyond.

Tevita Pangai Junior looks like a gun although unproven at the top level. It just shows that you get no reward for developing players anymore, better off just buying a team.

Apparently Brisbane will sign one of Canberra's best prospects for 2017 and beyond.

Tevita Pangai Junior looks like a gun although unproven at the top level. It just shows that you get no reward for developing players anymore, better off just buying a team.

This is the future of NRL.

Word is, all junior funding, development and pathways will be administered by the ARLC within 5-10 years. The clubs won't do it.

Then there will be a NRL draft for clubs.

NRL clubs will be tasked with running their team and winning games.

Everything else, including match day, jerseys, merchandise, sponsorship, ticketing, membership, advertising, etc, will be run centrally by the NRL.

This is the future of NRL.

Word is, all junior funding, development and pathways will be administered by the ARLC within 5-10 years. The clubs won't do it.

Then there will be a NRL draft for clubs.

NRL clubs will be tasked with running their team and winning games.

Everything else, including match day, jerseys, merchandise, sponsorship, ticketing, membership, advertising, etc, will be run centrally by the NRL.

This is disappointing to here. One thing I still really enjoy about the NRL is how a local region gets behind their team and makes things happen. I fear that if the governing body has some much more control then any remaining loyalty will be lost and it will basically be the club with the biggest cheque book and most brown paper bags on 3rd party pay day.

Over the years I would say Canberra have had one of the better junior development programs in the NRL and have spent so much money in the ACT, NSW and QLD but just seem to lose quality players on a regular basis. Canberra looked after Souths Logan for years however after the Milford fiasco they left Souths Logan to Brisbane and for the first time in recent memory they were mid table plodders again.

Courier Mail back page

Green Envy

Broncos Poach Another Raider

I think this says it all about the modern game, it is a business, a business needs to be successful (premierships) so buy a team.

The only thing that will hinder this is to allow clubs who develop players a bigger concession from the cap or make all third party deals open with restrictions.

TPJ has not yet debuted but I am confident he will be a star, sour grapes I know but if I were Canberra he can play U/20's or NSW CUP unless desperately needed. Why further assist in developing a player for another club?

Anyone see the Mitchell Pearce story.......

Drunk, peed himself and simulating sex with a dog!!!!!!!

Good stuff we will need another Origin half

Who plays half back at the Roosters this year?

They're gooooone the Rorters!!!!

No Maloney, no Pearce, no RTS, no Jennings......

I saw disrespect towards the woman and her home, but I didn't see lewd or sinister. He just looked like every other obnoxious drunk you see out with his mates on a Saturday night.

Definitely a douche, but if a precedent of filming players in the highest state of inebriation for publicity is going to become a thing, then we are going to start seeing a truckload of these

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom