NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the WC.

I got tickets to Sydney's Aust vs Lebanon. Tempted to get tickets to Australia vs France in Canberra and England vs Lebanon in Sydney.

The Eng vs Aust game in Melbourne has sold out I believe. It'll bloody go off.

And because Sydney needs to pull it's finger out, no finals either. Irks me, but totally can understand it.

It's also about time that Aust and NZ stopped hoarding Polynesian players. It's also time for them to let them play for their rightful country. And I think you're starting to see that the Polynesian Test series in May is kicking in.

Agreed. When I heard JT had opted for Tonga I thought and hoped it would be because of loyalty to his heritage rather than because he had an axe to grind with Kidwell (disloyalty).

The Pacific Island teams are the only thing that keeps international league interesting to me because they are so closely matched. The eligibility rules have helped this massively. I'd like to see some reworking of the Origin eligibility too, because that has and will continue to hurt NZ rugby league. I half wonder if Taumololo will turn out for QLD one day.

I don't think its borderline irrelevant at all.

The ticket sales in Melbourne and Perth have been fantastic. Sydney have Lebanon vs Australia and should be great.

It's also about time that Aust and NZ stopped hoarding Polynesian players. It's also time for them to let them play for their rightful country. And I think you're starting to see that the Polynesian Test series in May is kicking in.

I was only talking to friends and family over weekend saying when SoO is on, it should be on a dedicated weekend.
Probably Sunday night. The Friday is the Women's NZ vs Australia. Super Saturday is a Polynesian Cup of PNG, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa. You could even include Cook Islands and NZ.

Week 1
PNG vs Fiji
Samoa vs Tonga

Week 2
PNG vs Tonga
Samoa vs Fiji

Week 3
PNG vs Samoa
Tonga vs Fiji

2 points for a win and table done on F/A. Whoever tops table is crowned Polynesian Test champ for that season.

I think this is a great idea!

When SOO is on, why not a NZ SOO.

I don't know if North Island vs South Island is the right split...but get something going. Imagine all that rep footy.

RCG should have been there to start with. In outstanding form.

Just hope the players who have decided to defect have thought about possible ramifications for future selection as no doubt there will be some

Agreed on RCG

Maybe some unofficial issues. I believe that if not selected for a Tier 1 nation they can play Tier 2 and it won't go against the player for future selections.

I love this rule, the WC will be so much stronger for it and I see Fifita's defection as a big middle finger to Australia for leaving him out last year.

There is one player I still dont know how got overlooked for australia. Paul Vaughan had an absolute cracker of a year and deserved a spot, I would replace Woods with Vaughan.
I like that players I wanting to play for other teams besides Aus and NZ, it should make the games more competitive to watch. Would of liked to see Ma'u play for tonga again.

Yeah Vaughan was epic, his continued rep snubbing is nearing a modern mystery. If he replicates his 2017 form in 2018 I don't see how he can be left out!

There are so many great stories that will come out of this WC.

For me, seeing the white Kumul play for PNG again is great. Campo gets a farewell at Canberra Stadium for Italy and many others!!

1 Lolohea
2 Fusitu'a
3 Kahu
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Foran
7 Marshall
8 J Bromwich
9 Luke
10 Matulino
11 Harris
12 Glenn
13 Taumalolo

14 Ma'u
15 Taukieaho
16 Proctor
17 Roache

Could make a pretty good team of players not playing for the Kiwis this year. 13 of them would make the squad in different circumstances.

I hope the Tongan players commit long term. Should have a great team in the future if they do so. The rugby league at grass roots in NZ is predominantly Polynesian so this may have huge ramifications for international rugby league in the future. Be nice if someone could compete with Australia.

How good does the Tonga team look:
Tonga World Cup Squad:

• Andrew Fifita
  • Mahe Fonua
  • David Fusitu’a
  • Siliva Havilli
  • Ata Hingano
  • Will Hopoate
  • Konrad Hurrell
  • Michael Jennings
  • Solomone Kata
  • Sione Katoa
  • Samisoni Langi
  • Tuimoala Lolohea
  • Sika Manu
  • Manu Ma'u
  • Sam Moa
  • Ben Murdoch Masila
  • Joe Ofahengaue
  • Tevita Pangai jnr
  • Ukuma Ta'ai
  • Sio Siua Taukieaho
  • Jason Taumalolo
  • Peni Terepo
  • Daniel Tupou
  • Manu Vatuvei

A bit quiet here lately so here are a couple that are probably known.

Ash Taylor re signed with GC Titans until end 2021. Brilliant news, great player!

@bob , @BLADE, @Richyrich1988

You must be stoked with this?

Elliot Whitehead re signs with Canberra until end of 2020. Hopefully Hodgson and Paulo to follow. If you believe the mole though Canberra have to shed 1 or 2 for next season to be cap compliant. Don Furner Jnr denies this, claims there is a space so who knows.

If you believe the mole though Canberra have to shed 1 or 2 for next season to be cap compliant. Don Furner Jnr denies this, claims there is a space so who knows.

While the same people are reporting Roosters are $1m under and have space for Cronk...

Even if there is a half truth to the rumours it shows what a joke the salary cap really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom