NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP's contract is listed as 500k, maybe they borrowed some brown paper bags from Parra's front office.

No doubt many players would have had clauses which gave them upgrades for reaching the prelim final last year, that would certainly push the cap up.

My point is there is a 300k budget for loyalty, what is the point in developing players if you are not rewarded?
Usually success breeds losing players because of the salary cap.

Losing those 2 will be interesting for the depth early on in the season if Edrick goes before a ball is kicked as there will be no Croker as well.

It is $750k I dont care what it is listed as. Parra offered him $500k and were blown out of the water
Maybe if they didnt take Tapine off the knights for a reported $500k
He has also imported his halves and hooker. Spine players dont come cheap
Ricky has bought this problem on the Raiders himself

I can only go on what is reported in the media, it would seem by your statement that you are in the know.

After years of developing players and having them ripped away by other clubs to lazy to develop or for discipline I applaud Stuart's tactic in buying established players but without a premiership you can't call anything a success. This is certainly the most well balanced Canberra squad since the 90's.

The fact is Canberra have always and continue to do the right thing cap and discipline wise but get smashed for it.

You can't tell me that half the other clubs aren't well and truly over their caps but continue to hide it or get away with it just so they can keep a depth roster.

I can only go on what is reported in the media, it would seem by your statement that you are in the know.

After years of developing players and having them ripped away by other clubs to lazy to develop or for discipline I applaud Stuart's tactic in buying established players but without a premiership you can't call anything a success. This is certainly the most well balanced Canberra squad since the 90's.

The fact is Canberra have always and continue to do the right thing cap and discipline wise but get smashed for it.

You can't tell me that half the other clubs aren't well and truly over their caps but continue to hide it or get away with it just so they can keep a depth roster.
Don't think it would of helped retaining Fensom when he was going to be playing NSW cup every week tho.

Only thing that will burn you by losing him is if there was a major injury crisis during the season otherwise no loss.

I agree. And if you knew the amount one of those clubs has signed one of Parras 17yo for you would be stunned as to how they do it and get away with it.
Good on Ricky for putting the team together but he knew what he was doing and his whinging is just lip service
There will have to be more let go from Canberra down the track

I agree. And if you knew the amount one of those clubs has signed one of Parras 17yo for you would be stunned as to how they do it and get away with it.
Good on Ricky for putting the team together but he knew what he was doing and his whinging is just lip service
There will have to be more let go from Canberra down the track
What 17 year old have we lost??

Don't think it would of helped retaining Fensom when he was going to be playing NSW cup every week tho.

Only thing that will burn you by losing him is if there was a major injury crisis during the season otherwise no loss.

That maybe the case with Fensom and Lee was certainly fighting for a starting spot if he didn't start the season well. My main grievance though is that both players have been in Canberra's system for a decade or more. So much money and time has gone into their development as both footballers and men. There should be a much better cap discount for long term players like these two. If they both wanted out that is fine but when you are forced to move them on while other clubs somehow find cap space after signing rep players it makes you wonder!

Jesse Bromwich & Inglis

Two massive casualties for their respective clubs after one round.

Despite Bromwich and Finucane being off for the last 20 of the first half the Storms defence was amazing. Dogs attack was predictable though, nearly choked when Lichaa took a quick tap and then scooted from half again the next set!!

Jesse Bromwich & Inglis

Two massive casualties for their respective clubs after one round.

Despite Bromwich and Finucane being off for the last 20 of the first half the Storms defence was amazing. Dogs attack was predictable though, nearly choked when Lichaa took a quick tap and then scooted from half again the next set!!
Im still trying to work out what the hell was going through Maguire's mind to leave Inglis on, Inglis was signalling to come off hurt, it was so wrong on soo many levels.

Head scratcher. Heard an interview from Shane Richardson who claims the medical staff said the knee was stable and no evidence of an ACL injury. Regardless he should have been cotton balled straight away.

Honestly, they should have pulled Inglis from the field straight away. He is their star player.......get him off and make sure any damage is kept to a minimum. Its the first game of the year.......nothing really on the line as yet, its not a do or die game.

I will say though that 2 years ago in Bathurst, Peter Wallace hurt his knee just before half time. He kept it warm at half time, said it was sore but ok to continue and played in the second half.

Wasn't until he had scans the next day that it revealed the full extent of the injury a torn ACL.

Inglis out is a big blow for the Rabbits. They should have in him surgery ASAP and basically ensure he is healthy for next year.

Cheers
Matt

Sometimes they are hard to call until scans. Jason Croker played a full game on a torn ACL and busted ankle ligaments in 2001
I don't believe Inglis's situation was a hard call, to me it comes across as the coach/club shifting blame solely on the medical staff. They clearly didn't believe his knee was stable due to how heavily strapped his leg was after the incident. Inglis also signalled multiple times he needed to come off yet was ignored and left on (he doesn't do that unless he's really hurt). You could also tell he something wrong but his game play. His leg didn't have strength in it, he fell over the try line to score and then needed help to stand back up and had no ability to tackle, soon as he come into contact with the opposition, he was pushed off easily as his leg had no strength to resist any pressure. Tigers seen this and utilised it to there advantage. Due to this I can see the nrl changing or coming up with a new rule, to try and prevent this from happening and see it screwing with the game more.

Maguire expects his players to play injured. Inglis hasn't been 100% for years
How come Farah didnt come off after stumbling?
Made Goodwin come back from a broken arm early and he broke it again straight away
Made one of the Burgess boys play with a broken hand then gives it to him for the amount of dropped ball
He has form with this. I keep hearing it is not a happy camp

Just saw this posted. Any truth?

The NRL - National Rugby League will be buying the rights to the 'Rugby League Immortals' from the Rugby League Week as it's been revealed that the original 'bible of Rugby League' will be closing by months end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom