NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

Knights flog Raiders in Canberra 44 - 0 ?

You can't read too much in to that game.
Knights did play well and Raiders were poor but Knights were full strength and Raiders sent out a worse side than they sent to the nines. The Raiders played 7 first graders and most were pulled from the field after 10 or so minutes with the rest being pulled 5-10 minutes later. The only one that played in the second half was Junior Paulo to get some match fitness since he will be suspended in round 1. Most of the fans at the game were diehard Raiders fans and even they were all asking who most of the players in the green jerseys were.

Caption competition time again.......

C4_BUlGUoAAx-cl.jpg

Knights were very good, Canberra poor. Great confidence boost for the Knights, Gagai and Buhrer were excellent on the edge but it must be said that they were running against an edge with no NRL games under their belt.

No Wighton, Rapana, Croker, Leilua, Lee, Soliola, Tapine and I think Austin, Sezer, Hodgson, Whitehead, Boyd and Papa were gone before the first 20 at which time the score was 6-0. The Knights then scored 24-0 in the second quarter after Canberra had replaced all their regulars aside from Paulo.

Cotric looked solid, not sure Stuart will go with him as Croker's replacement though.

Never mind that what about one of the NRL premiership favourites? I know it was a trial but last one before the season, at home etc you would expect a bit of a contest against a team who are Wooden spoon favourites.

I never saw the Knights bend over last year.... They had no luck, Bugger all talent but the still kept coming.
If you keep that and get a few lucky bounces here and there, no injuries - They'll surprise more than a few teams this year.

Raiders, when matched in the middle - don't go as well....

Very pleasing to see the Warriors improve in the areas they needed to (defence and handling) against a reasonable Titans team. It was nice to get a game down near me even if it was a trial. I don't get to see much live league.

You can't read much into trials, but I feel a bit more optimistic than this time last year.

Just finished watching the Charity Shield and as one of my mates texted me "bring on 2018".

Boy I was looking forward to watching an improved attack but unfortunately didn't see it. In the Tigers trial we looked better a lot more off loads but nothing seemed to work today.

Bunnies looked improved though.....the Burgi boys only dropped 3 or so balls.

Cheers
Ross

edrick lee to the sharks
Fensom to NQ

As you predicted it has all but been confirmed that Lee will sign with Cronulla and Fensom with NQ in the coming days.

Salary cap is the reason being thrown around, Canberra shed lots last year so this is a shame, both Canberra juniors and sweet FA dispensation from the NRL.

Other clubs just keep finding space in their cap for new players and others just blatantly cheat which leaves you wondering how equitable the cap really is.

All the best to Eddy and Fenno at their new clubs.

As you predicted it has all but been confirmed that Lee will sign with Cronulla and Fensom with NQ in the coming days.

Salary cap is the reason being thrown around, Canberra shed lots last year so this is a shame, both Canberra juniors and sweet FA dispensation from the NRL.

Other clubs just keep finding space in their cap for new players and others just blatantly cheat which leaves you wondering how equitable the cap really is.

Must be a massive contract coming for The Coal Train ;)

I'm sure they want to keep some juniors like Cotric and I hope The Fence will now get an opportunity to play some NRL this year.

Ross

Must be a massive contract coming for The Coal Train ;)

I'm sure they want to keep some juniors like Cotric and I hope The Fence will now get an opportunity to play some NRL this year.

Ross

Will be interesting to see what mandatory value the NRL place on his contract and if he accepts the terms.

Another issue is it is near impossible to build a depth based squad for more than a season or two now and you definitely need that to win a title

Maybe if they weren't paying Junior $750k
or bought BJ Leilua
or looking to register Taylor they would have the space to keep them

Maybe if they weren't paying Junior $750k
or bought BJ Leilua
or looking to register Taylor they would have the space to keep them

JP's contract is listed as 500k, maybe they borrowed some brown paper bags from Parra's front office.

No doubt many players would have had clauses which gave them upgrades for reaching the prelim final last year, that would certainly push the cap up.

My point is there is a 300k budget for loyalty, what is the point in developing players if you are not rewarded?

JP's contract is listed as 500k, maybe they borrowed some brown paper bags from Parra's front office.

No doubt many players would have had clauses which gave them upgrades for reaching the prelim final last year, that would certainly push the cap up.

My point is there is a 300k budget for loyalty, what is the point in developing players if you are not rewarded?

It is $750k I dont care what it is listed as. Parra offered him $500k and were blown out of the water
Maybe if they didnt take Tapine off the knights for a reported $500k
He has also imported his halves and hooker. Spine players dont come cheap
Ricky has bought this problem on the Raiders himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom