Just few poll type questions:

Did you run out of trades and when?
Who was your buy of the year?
Who was your dud of the year?
Who was your worst trade?

Any others you can think of?

Cheers
Ross

Had one trade left that i was saving to cover injuries or use in the gf. Probably should of used it when it was apparent i was in trouble of losing the prelim final though.

Ben Hunt. Purchased him in round 4 after ignoring him first up and was surprisingly reliable.

Jorge Taufua. Started well but ended up being a liability with low scores and either not playing after being named or playing when not named.

Jarryd Hayne. Maybe a bit harsh. Had him to start with and dropped him early when i shouldn't have then struggled to get him back as his price skyrocketed. When ever i didn't have him he was the difference for my opponent but whenever he was a pod for me he scores weren't at his best. Finished the year captaining him and he busted his worst score since round 2. Just couldn't get it right with him all year.

Cheers
Ross

Was out of trades by Round 20 I believe, went out hard. I guess it paid off but a few like Tedesco cost me valuable trades.

Buy of the year was probably Ben Hunt (from the start). I have to put Jesse Bromwich up there though!

Dud of the year, toss up between Tedesco and Gallen.

Worst trade(s) definitely goes to Tedesco.

Learnt a lot in my 2nd year of SC, hopefully another crack at the crown next year :)

Cheers
Ross

not sure if i really want to tell people.. somehow went the whole finals series with 0 trades. haha.
used my last one in round 22 i think.. had soo many injuries towards the end of the year.
ended up with; gallen, fifita and cartwright all warming the pine.

buy of the year.. ben hunt. for sure. got him in my starter team and he never left. made big scores in the early weeks which are all the toughest to field a strong side.
cant really concider hayne/thurston 'buys' as they are 'musts'

dud.. umm. did experiment dave taylor about round 10ish. alas why i run out of trades.

had gallen and fifita in, then out then in again. so theres 6 trades there..

most surprising player of the year.. there a couple. dylan walker. never thought of him as a fantasy stud. great player. and also sammy B. he was the MVP. expected to do well and did better. lots of meat pies helped..

That's interesting, you both struck it a bit lucky. In past years you only won if you had trades left in the finals because of all the massive changes / injuries/ resting guns in the last few rounds of the season proper.

Just had a look at my trade history as part of the internal independent review of The Penetrators football department.

I started with Ayshford - dud
Tedesco out Rnd 7 = easy $80k for everyone.
Papalli out Rnd 11 = give $60 back I kept waiting for him to come good with attacking stats - dud
Taumalolo Out Rnd 18 - just as he finally came good - doh
Difita - held him to the end after getting him for Origin cover and a cash bonus but he only ever played 2 games - doh
James Hasson - he'll make my squad again next year as I've invested so heavily in his career, carrying him for 26 Rnds in which he played 17 games dropping from a buy price of $105 to not being able to get any lower he was my POD

Well time for Mad Monday.

Ross

That's interesting, you both struck it a bit lucky. In past years you only won if you had trades left in the finals because of all the massive changes / injuries/ resting guns in the last few rounds of the season proper.

Not sure about that, this year I had SBW, Gallen, McCullough, Merrin, Fensom, Hurrell all sit out for much or most of the last few weeks of the season. Personally I had won enough games when I used my last trade to at least sneak into the finals but like to think I had enough depth to help cover. Jared and I had the 2 most expensive teams in the league.

l I think the majority of us had very similiar SBW / Fensom / Gallen / Hurell / Mansour / Parker / Johnson etc etc problems. I'm not taking anything away from your results, it's Supercoach, there is always different strategies good luck, luck of the draw and bad luck and as they say winners are grinners.

Jared was by far and away the best, he did have heaps of coverage right to the end.

You were safe for the finals a long way out and your total points prove it, but you did really limp home. What would have happened if Thurston got injured you had no backup and were also a touch thin in 2Rf and CTW if injuries or coaches rested guns which has happened in previous years. All I'm suggesting was the wisdom from previous seasons for H2H was to have trades left if possible, they way you could have traded either Fensom or Gallen for Parker and Smith and if Thurston was injured slipped in Maloney, Johnson for Hayne and then you may have collected a win and having trades left would have been the winning strategy, I think what you did was more an Overall Supercoach strategy and with no trades for the last 6 rounds I do think you got a bit lucky in H2H with no injuries.

Note: My independent, internal footy review has recommended The Pentrators sack the coach for guiding the pre season favourites (in my own mind) to missing the 8.

Anyway bring on 2015.

Cheers
Ross

Cheers
Ross
I finished the year with 1 trade left.
Buy of the year is Hayne, followed by Surgess and J.Graham
Dud of the year was Gal for me. Held off buying him for ages, got him then he was a last min pull out 2 weeks in a row, played 1 game then the ASADA suspension.
My worst trade was a lack of 1 or 2 in the 2nd week of finals. I didn't know Seggy's dad died or Bromwich was out with child being born. Got 2 x 0's and lost to Bainy by 14. If I had used a trade I had, I would have won that game and the next 2 and be gloating about being the champ and busting some boxes with the prizemoney. There's always next year if you guys will have me.

Only 8 more days til supercoach launches for the year. Im looking forward to it, hopefully we can get a full comp on OCT again.

8 days...seriously!!!

Imagine how many times you could change your team before the season proper. I'm happy to co-ordinate the comp again if everyone's happy with that. I will start a new thread a bit closer to season opening.

Cheers
Ross

im in again. if we need numbers dad will be happy to play too, first year since its started that he beat me last year, i've lost my touch. well what little touch i used to have haha

Back
Top Bottom