NRL OCT 2014 SuperCoach

What's the loophole? lol
Last year with the introduction of rolling lockouts it opened up a captaincy loophole. It really only works if you are unable to field a full 17 players (eg. the origin/bye period) but can be done still if you have at least one player that you know wont be playing any given round.

So say during a bye round you end up only being able to field 15 players. You can/could use the loophole by vice captaining a player that plays one of the earlier games of the week and captain a guy playing later in the week. If the player chosen as vc scores big you then change your captain to a non starting player in your 17 that's team is yet to play that round. Once he doesn't play your vc will be credited with a double score. It basically allows you to look at a players score and know what you are getting rather than leaving it to chance. It can backfire though if you captain a player you think isn't going to play but he gets a last min call up then that player will be your captain and you are stuck with it.

I actually had an opportunity to use this in the grand final of the OCT comp last year as i only had 17 fit players. I could of swapped one player for and injured one and still got credited for that players score as a auto emergency. My vc went big (who was also the opposing captain) so it was set up as a go but in the end my team flopped and i wasn't going to get there either way so i left it. My captain then got injured early in the first half and the scores ended up pretty lopsided.

Another $500k would have helped.

I think any score over 1000 would be a good start Round 1.

I think I am on team variation 25+ at the moment.

25? is that all? hahaa

its hard. real hard this year. cant really fit all the guns in. 1-2 will be dropped.
should be good though as not all teams will start the same

^^^^ Agreed, can't fit as many Guns as normal.^^^^

Here's a quick poll. What Gun have you left out?

A) CP13 10
B) PG 13
C) $BW
D) GI
E) CAM S
F) More than 1 of these

For me at the moment I'm sitting with F as my pick and in fact could go G More than 3 of these.

Its hard

Ross

1 SPOT TO FILL PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN OR KNOW SOMEONE

^^^I think when we think of our teams in previous years we all think they look bad so your not alone^^^

decision is downgrade a mid range player to a cheapy to upgrade another to a gun. guns are good, but doesnt leave a lot of cover if shit happens within the first few weeks untill cows mature.

i think im finally happy where im at. ive just about had every player in my side at one point or another.

need to find luke keary's phone number. me and him must have words about <120k starting halves getting injured, because theres no one else.

has eveyone been scared off my gallens comments re: 65-70 MPG?
there all of a sudden seems to be a lot more people with a nice new shiny fafita.

So who is upset that they didn't include Inglis? had a look through the teams and cant remember seeing his name very often.

Also given its not a head to head week i thought i do some teams a solid and point a few things out in case they were unaware.
@Jaames - kodi nikorima hasn't been named.
@Wizzle - Zac Santo hasn't been named though i didn't see anyone else in your team that you could replace him with.
@erccc - you only have 3 reserves selected.
@Colesy, @MarkTomo & @ooneil - you guys don't have any reserves selected. Also colesy, dugan is out injured for a number of weeks.

So who is upset that they didn't include Inglis? had a look through the teams and cant remember seeing his name very often.

Also given its not a head to head week i thought i do some teams a solid and point a few things out in case they were unaware.
@Jaames - kodi nikorima hasn't been named.
@Wizzle - Zac Santo hasn't been named though i didn't see anyone else in your team that you could replace him with.
@erccc - you only have 3 reserves selected.
@Colesy, @MarkTomo & @ooneil - you guys don't have any reserves selected. Also colesy, dugan is out injured for a number of weeks.

Ahhhh spying on us are we.

Where's my help?

Ahhhh spying on us are we.

Where's my help?
yeah chris wheres my tips haha.
I think you shoukd both throw your support behind the club you support and captain a player from that team. So hobo your captain should be beale and girds yours should be soward. I have implemented this myself by captaining parker being a broncos supporter. So time to jump on board.

:lol: I have very little confidence in Beale and he will be an upgrade for me at some point, I hope he scores me 30s and not 20s......my centres are ordinary.

Was it a soft spot for Lote that led you to picking him?

not impressed with this sabotage. believe me though i worry with him named at prop. dunno how that rotation is going to work surely he's got to play 80 he's the goal kicker and captain?

Yeah I don't see any change to his scores really, what he might loose playing prop he will get back goal kicking.

i guess your right, i wanted him to stay lock and go bigger with goal kicking ahha. well i need to work inglis in before round 4, because hes going to sky rocket. who ever is worse in rounds 1-3 out of lyon and hayne will have to go .

Back
Top Bottom