NRL Collectors - Question 2 - Memorabilia Cards

Event player worn materials included in an NRL card. Do you like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 48 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
I don't mind this idea, added to a Top Prospect like in your example I think it adds some value, aesthetically at least………simply because it's different.

Even on a subset it's not a bad change. I wouldn't necessarily think a subset of event worn patches would be a premium value item but at least an improvement on what is dished up release after release.

Now if we did see Game Worn that would be a great leap forward for us, the neglected NRL collector.

Cheers
Ross

Cheers
Ross

1305681073-941053-311x311-1305680928rofl.jpg

Welcome to the site :lol:

Even a small step forward would be a positive sign.

As most people have said, a game used would be better, but I like these type of cards. Would this have the issue of not being able to use the Logos on them as well, same as the cards with licensing? So there would be no "logoman" type cards that they have for NBA but with the team logo/nrl logo?

I voted yes - worth a try. I don't think I'd buy more cards or chase an event-worn card any more than I would otherwise, but would be interesting to see what Select could come up with. At first I thought the 03 game-worns were a bit gimmicky, but they've grown on me.

Im not a collector of league cards but if they were to do auto game worn cards i'd pick some up for sure.

i prefer game warn patches, like the 2003 cards,

select can get game used stuff easy! u can bid on woman of league jersey and some go for $1000. plus souths cares auction game used jerseys for 1 to 2 k. it could be cut into 200 patches that equals $10 a card unsigned.

not that hard to do, just lazy,

i also think that if they produce tons of non-game used cards it would make 2003 cards worth more because an actual game worn patch with a date of the actual game on the back of it would stand out so much.

i prefer game warn patches, like the 2003 cards,

select can get game used stuff easy! u can bid on woman of league jersey and some go for $1000. plus souths cares auction game used jerseys for 1 to 2 k. it could be cut into 200 patches that equals $10 a card unsigned.

not that hard to do, just lazy,

i also think that if they produce tons of non-game used cards it would make 2003 cards worth more because an actual game worn patch with a date of the actual game on the back of it would stand out so much.

agreed mate. Game worn makes it so much better.

As a matter of interests players do not get that many jerseys at all,1 club I know the players need to ask for a game worn jersey other clubs players get 1 set of jerseys such as a home and away,heritage jersey and any other special jerseys that they wear.
They need game worn items to make the cards worth while collecting.

Back
Top Bottom