NRL Collectors - Question 2 - Memorabilia Cards

Event player worn materials included in an NRL card. Do you like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 48 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

I have a little project on the go at the moment and need some feedback from our wonderful NRL collectors here:

Would you be interested in event worn memorabilia cards being used in upcoming NRL releases. Now I will preface this in saying the cards I am talking about are not game worn, but the jersey has been worn by the player in a photoshoot/event etc. This is exactly what happens for rookies in the NBA/NFL and they hold specific events to acquire this memorabilia.

Say for example, for NRL Series 1 2012, the Rookie Top Prospects contained a piece of a jersey in the card worn by the player in a photo shoot.

Here is a mock up of a card from this year (imagine the green square being a piece of raiders jersey worn by Vidot in a photoshoot)

TopProspect_edited-2.jpg

While its not game used, would this still be something that you would be interested in having as part of the card?

Love to hear your thoughts on this? Would it work and would it make you more likley to pick up these types of cards?

Cheers
Matt

F*ck yeah Matt.

I have spoken to Select about this before. Their opinion is that they dont want to run these as redemption and as they are a thicker cards they think they will be to easy to find in packets.

Pretty obvious that they have not bought a pack of NBA cards in a while at Select but once again any hint at something new and innovative would be a hit.

F*ck yeah Matt.

I have spoken to Select about this before. Their opinion is that they dont want to run these as redemption and as they are a thicker cards they think they will be to easy to find in packets.

Pretty obvious that they have not bought a pack of NBA cards in a while at Select but once again any hint at something new and innovative would be a hit.

The way you do this is have a thick dummy card in each pack and throw some advertising on it (maybe even a check list) to throw off the pack harrassers.

You know i could make my own, cut signatures and EventWornMemorabilia (EWM), i have a fully signed(Dragons) jersey that is not fit for sale/framing with clear signatures , have been thinking of cutting them up and making my own cards, i smell some home made cards coming up....

---------- Post added 17-12-2011 at 03:15 PM ----------

too hard for the dummy's :)

The way you do this is have a thick dummy card in each pack and throw some advertising on it (maybe even a check list) to throw off the pack harrassers.

Yeah I think it's a great idea.. Select have excuses about not having them.. But it's all avoidable... The marketing/advertising card is a great idea.....

So my vote for this would be yes..

As long as the player has actually worn it, otherwise I don't see the point at all. And not as good as match-worn, but at least it's something a bit different. So it's yes for me on this one.

Definate yes from me, a great idea.

But i have to ask, if they are going to the trouble of cutting up the jersey and manufacturing the card, why not just use a game used jersey? Surely they are just as easy to get hold of? And a more valuable/attractive collectible.

Definate yes from me, a great idea.

But i have to ask, if they are going to the trouble of cutting up the jersey and manufacturing the card, why not just use a game used jersey? Surely they are just as easy to get hold of? And a more valuable/attractive collectible.

If they could great, the only issue may be that the game worn jerseys are used by the clubs for fundrasing and im not sure the players use a new jersey every game. If they did great, but getting hold of them may be the hard part. Game used over event worn all the way but as long as its worn by the player, thats all that really matters to me.

Thansk for the feedback!

Cheers
Matt

Event worn - not interested. Be a nice looking card but in the end a low level/ cheaper attempt to satisfy the game worn patch market. No doubt a market is there to be had, seriously though, NFL and NBA photo's of 20 plus jerseys on draft or rookie player...will shoot my Lockyer game worn sig through the roof..... now wait for my mailday. :D

You know what, I've changed my mind. Event worn is just a cost saving excercise, and would probably lower the value of the game-worn cards from 2003 as well.

It's a cheap compromise ... I say give us the best (minimum) standard, or don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom