NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

Like all Elite they will start with a bang and as more make it into the secondary market the prices will drop. I think the /90 will eventually settle under the $100 while the /40 might creep toward the $200.

With the /40 being around 1 per case each ( 1 x YG /40 , 1 xLS /40 per case ) they won`t be the easiest cards to pick up ...

If they are evenly spread across the whole production you probably won`t see half of the /40 anyway ....

With the /40 being around 1 per case each ( 1 x YG /40 , 1 xLS /40 per case ) they won`t be the easiest cards to pick up ...

If they are evenly spread across the whole production you probably won`t see half of the /40 anyway ....

True but as a comparison look at the RTF game worn jersey patch signatures. Immaculate cards (16, 17), some good players, /50 so about one in three cases and you rarely see them crack $180.

The prices will be up early but once the packets hit newsagents and the mass dump onto the secondary market occurs, prices will drop IMO.

I hope I am wrong, rather see prices higher for the long term gain of the hobby.

That would be interesting to see, how it all pans out.

10 boxes.
1x yg40
1x ls 40
6-8 Black yg/ls 90
Jersey card
Case card

What else do you think it could be in a case?

I think it will depend on the signers dufty might get expensive and ponga will be hard to find but most of the other young guns after the initial rush will go down. The problem with the league sensations is that most of them have signed before so what's the point of paying huge dollars for the same players.
I look at the sales for last years elite and in auctions even the nsw captain was less than 40 dollars.
And what about the mojo sets even the green sets can be picked up for 400 or less.
And last year's mojo sets look much better than this years so they will go down fast.
We here are mostly hard core collectors, after that the market for the higher end cards is quite low so from now on I think patience will be the way to go.
Good luck everyone.

That would be interesting to see, how it all pans out.

10 boxes.
1x yg40
1x ls 40
6-8 Black yg/ls 90
Jersey card
Case card

What else do you think it could be in a case?

I would imagine that you will also get two of the following subsets;
Sapphire, Emerald or Black Diamond Mojo, RTF jersey signature or game used ball / JT card.

I would be interested to see if the cases with the signed case cards yield the higher numbered mojos as opposed to the /5

Sapphire, Emerald or Black Diamond Mojo, RTF jersey signature or game used ball / JT card.

I would be interested to see if the cases with the signed case cards yield the higher numbered mojos as opposed to the /5

At the end of the day we can all guess what we may or may not get in a case ....All will be reveled in a couple of weeks or when the first case is cracked ....

Last edited:
True but as a comparison look at the RTF game worn jersey patch signatures. Immaculate cards (16, 17), some good players, /50 so about one in three cases and you rarely see them crack $180.

The prices will be up early but once the packets hit newsagents and the mass dump onto the secondary market occurs, prices will drop IMO.

I hope I am wrong, rather see prices higher for the long term gain of the hobby.

look at the RTF game worn jersey patch signatures how many are still playing for the Club on the card or even still playing at all in the NRL ???

look at the RTF game worn jersey patch signatures how many are still playing for the Club on the card or even still playing at all in the NRL ???

Fair point but from a team collectors perspective that doesn't bother me, if they are in a Canberra jersey I will grab it. I can't speak for other team collectors but if the majority had similar thoughts than prices should be higher based on demand.

To be fair to ESP though, their player selection for this release would be well finalised before that made scramble toward the end of the trade window. Already from the LS set you have Austin and Morris who won't be with their respective clubs and from the YG's Ramien and likely Croft

Fair point but from a team collectors perspective that doesn't bother me, if they are in a Canberra jersey I will grab it. I can't speak for other team collectors but if the majority had similar thoughts than prices should be higher based on demand.

To be fair to ESP though, their player selection for this release would be well finalised before that made scramble toward the end of the trade window. Already from the LS set you have Austin and Morris who won't be with their respective clubs and from the YG's Ramien and likely Croft

All I am saying is if they had better players they would be much more desirable and collectible .... This year being /80 ( signed Jersey )will affect the price even more ....

All I am saying is if they had better players they would be much more desirable and collectible .... This year being /80 ( signed Jersey )will affect the price even more ....

No doubt, but I wonder how hard it is to get the better players to give up their game worn jerseys. If not exchanged with an opposition most clubs auction these off now for significant profit. I have no doubt that ESP could bid up high on one of these if they really wanted to,

Player selection for RTF has been fairly solid though.

15 Elite had Moylan (rep player and certainly in the top 50 players in the game), Bolton and Thompson (both solid club level battlers) and JWH (decent forward and rep player)

16 Elite had Fifita (one of the best props in the game), Koribete (odd choice given his defection to Rugby), Oates (repl player) and Burgess (repl player).

17 Elite had Paulo (Samoa rep, solid first grader), Graham( rep player and top echelon of backrowers in the game), Mclean (good young prospect).

18 Elite, aside from King are all reasonable choices.

No doubt, but I wonder how hard it is to get the better players to give up their game worn jerseys. If not exchanged with an opposition most clubs auction these off now for significant profit. I have no doubt that ESP could bid up high on one of these if they really wanted to,

Player selection for RTF has been fairly solid though.

15 Elite had Moylan (rep player and certainly in the top 50 players in the game), Bolton and Thompson (both solid club level battlers) and JWH (decent forward and rep player)

16 Elite had Fifita (one of the best props in the game), Koribete (odd choice given his defection to Rugby), Oates (repl player) and Burgess (repl player).

17 Elite had Paulo (Samoa rep, solid first grader), Graham( rep player and top echelon of backrowers in the game), Mclean (good young prospect).

18 Elite, aside from King are all reasonable choices.

Roll on release date ....

There are still the same (small) amount of collectors chasing the same amount of cards. You can make the cards more limited and exclusive all you want, which will increase the amount that those individual cards are worth a bit, but will also decrease the value of limited cards in general.

Otherwise a /40 YG would be worth the same as a 2004 Captain Signature; that seems farcical doesn't it?

My #003/005 MS Shaun Johnson Playmaker that I won off Ebay for $6 should be worth $100s.......but it is not.

Last edited:
I think something else that could be considered is that a lot higher percentage of Elite is busted compared to Traders. A #/100 in Traders typically sells more because there are few in the marketplace - most are stuck in unsold stock.

We are going to see 75%+ of the /40s in the marketplace over the next 12 months I reckon.

Plus we need to take those common cards, and ruby mojos into the mix.
The “10th” common card and mojo in a box with the “hit”. Makes it a extremely good box,
I did get a box which had a mojo, sig and case card in a box.

Back
Top Bottom