NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

That is true, but I honestly don't think there are too many Elite master set collectors nowadays. Even interest in common sets will dwindle because of the decision which means less demand and probably lower prices.

True not many master set collectors out there.......only 281 of the box card commons and not all will see the light of day, team set collectors will snap up the rest.

I want 6 common sets.

Feel free to pass on your box cards to me to complete mine.
I more than likely won't be buying any whole boxes this year. I only really want one of the Walker commons for the PC, and I mostly end up grabbing loose packs from newsagents anyway. I'll probably call it quits after two sigs so I can swap for the Souths ones, hopefully I can do it in 9 packs like last year...

I more than likely won't be buying any whole boxes this year. I only really want one of the Walker commons for the PC, and I mostly end up grabbing loose packs from newsagents anyway. I'll probably call it quits after two sigs so I can swap for the Souths ones, hopefully I can do it in 9 packs like last year...

Good luck............would take me 90.....lol

Mate, I was just being facetious.

I actually dread this set.

I want 6 common sets - so 6 x 16.

Plus 3 Souths commons for 3 Souths set (me and my 2 sons).

Then there's the PC where 'commons' go in from each set. I'm looking at finding another 10 of 16:

Thaiday
Woods
Uate
Cam Smith
Beau Scott
JT
Walker
Widdop
Tedesco
RTS

107 box cards to finish my "common" set.

Yep...

Good luck............would take me 90.....lol
Last year was pretty lucky for me, ended up with 4 serial hits from 36 or so packs. Hopefully i can replicate it this year
Im
Trying to think whatwill the drop rate per case with the mojo diamond be? @Matt26 do you have any idea
If it's 5760 boxes based on the ruby mojos then there's one black diamond mojo in every 72 boxes.

I cannot believe it, worst thing I have ever seen from a release ? Can’t remember anything worse that this

I cannot believe it, worst thing I have ever seen from a release ? Can’t remember anything worse that this

On the face of it, the concept doesn’t seem great but let’s just see how things play out.
I think no series 2 release in 2010 is right up there with ordinary moments in the hobby.

At least we have something to collect, look forward to seeing some of the product in hand.

I thought series 2 2010 was canned due to some legalities over the whole Storm cap bust.

Select had it all ready to go I heard.

Yeah I heard that also, not sure if that was the only factor though.

I was gutted that Kevin Locke aka the next Billy Slater missed out on a Future Force, but in hindsight that didn't turn out so bad. I wonder who else would have had one that year?

With Newsagents not having box cards in there stock that will make it hard even to get team sets without paying overs for the 10th common ...

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not expecting these to be overly scarce or pricey. The collector's base is small at the moment. Kids might miss out on the ability to complete common sets, but let's face it, kids are not collecting Elite.

In fact, I predict that -mojos, I will be able to be patient and buy every Warriors card for about the box price of $180 again. Then perhaps I will be able to buy ruby mojos and sapphire mojos from the /5 master sets for <$50ea again too. I'll just whip out my credit card and the year's collecting will be over in an instant again.

Last edited:
I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not expecting these to be overly scarce or pricey. The collector's base is small at the moment. Kids might miss out on the ability to complete common sets, but let's face it, kids are not collecting Elite.

In fact, I predict that -mojos, I will be able to be patient and buy every Warriors card for about the box price of $180 again. Then perhaps I will be able to buy ruby mojos and sapphire mojos from the /5 master sets for <$50ea again too. I'll just whip out my credit card and the year's collecting will be over in an instant again.

There has to be more than 281 collectors who collect a common set in the World let alone Australia and NZ not to mention Team sets will limit the cards ....Oz card is only a very small amount of collectors who may be chasing the cards to finish sets .....

I have a feeling that they will not be readily available as most people think ....

Back
Top Bottom