NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

I also wondered where I had seen the design of the jersey cards from before........

upload_2018-6-22_20-56-8.png

Then I remembered this........and I have to say if they are as half as nice as the Bron below.....they will be very beautiful cards!

upload_2018-6-22_20-54-33.png

I also do love the designs of the league sensations........look great this year!

Dealer exclusive? If so that means only ~1,200 boxes for newsagents. Normally they get 2k minimum?
Usually 6300 / 6400 boxes / 4500 dealer boxes (4496 box cards ) 1800 to 1900 Newsagents stock unless they have shortened the box run this year .....

I understand what you are saying ....With only 5760 Ruby Mojo cards how do you spreed that over the full run ....I guess there has to be boxes that won`t have a ruby then .... Ruby 1 in 26 packs working on 6300 boxes ....

Last edited:
I'd assume box card is same stock and design as common cards but really should be labelled and numbered as an insert.

I'm also guessing numbered/stamped of /281 too and numbered /160 as per common set.

I'm also guessing no parallels or mojos seeded or otherwise of box cards.

So basically common set collectors are now somewhat stuffed trying to finish a common set and you can bet it's a top player like JT, Smith, GI etc as well.

I'd assume box card is same stock and design as common cards but really should be labelled and numbered as an insert.

I'm also guessing numbered/stamped of /281 too and numbered /160 as per common set.

I'm also guessing no parallels or mojos seeded or otherwise of box cards.

So basically common set collectors are now somewhat stuffed trying to finish a common set and you can bet it's a top player like JT, Smith, GI etc as well.

Thought about this one a bit, I actually don't mind the concept of having 1 base card per team as a Short Print. For what is likely a base card, this will actually have some further value being limited as a one per box.......if you want a full base set you will need all 16 SP cards will be a bit of a challenge.

In saying this it would be great if it were the team logo card! If looks like it will have a silver parallel but not be featured in the Mojo sets so this could be the case? I'm only guessing on this one?

Cheers
Matt

Usually 6300 / 6400 boxes / 4500 dealer boxes (4496 box cards ) 1800 to 1900 Newsagents stock unless they have shortened the box run this year .....

I understand what you are saying ....With only 5760 Ruby Mojo cards how do you spreed that over the full run ....I guess there has to be boxes that won`t have a ruby then .... Ruby 1 in 26 packs working on 6300 boxes ....
Well the sell sheet specifically says 1 in 24 packs for rubies. I know there's always the "ratios are not guaranteed" business but ESP tend to be pretty good in that regard, so if it says 1 in 24 and Limited to 40 I trust it's 1 in 24 and Limited to 40, which would ultimately mean a 5,760 box run. Unless one of those statements is incorrect, or ESP have made an error and not realised that both those things applying to one card doesn't allow for a 6,400 box run.

Well the sell sheet specifically says 1 in 24 packs for rubies. I know there's always the "ratios are not guaranteed" business but ESP tend to be pretty good in that regard, so if it says 1 in 24 and Limited to 40 I trust it's 1 in 24 and Limited to 40, which would ultimately mean a 5,760 box run. Unless one of those statements is incorrect, or ESP have made an error and not realised that both those things applying to one card doesn't allow for a 6,400 box run.

I know what you are saying but I just don`t see them reducing the run by 60 or so cases .....

I know what you are saying but I just don`t see them reducing the run by 60 or so cases .....
If the last 60-odd cases of the run was divvied up into starter packs or other promotionals they could get away with not having any ruby mojos in them because they aren't really in a designated batch and their ratio promise doesn't really matter, whereas if a collector buys a sealed box and doesn't get a card that's explicitly promised at 1 in 24 packs.
If we know for sure there will be a 6,400 run, we can assume there's some type of mistake in the checklist:
144 cards - perhaps the "10th common" box card will actually be included giving a 160 x 40 run, meaning 6,400 boxes all with ruby mojos.
1 in 24 packs - this may be a mistake or an unclarified statement, more likely the latter given that it is printed on the checklist twice, perhaps 9 boxes out of 10 will have a ruby mojo with the 10th containing the sapphire/emerald/black diamond mojo.
Limited to 40 - the run may be increased to accomodate their planned ratios, but this seems unlikely.

If the last 60-odd cases of the run was divvied up into starter packs or other promotionals they could get away with not having any ruby mojos in them because they aren't really in a designated batch and their ratio promise doesn't really matter, whereas if a collector buys a sealed box and doesn't get a card that's explicitly promised at 1 in 24 packs.
If we know for sure there will be a 6,400 run, we can assume there's some type of mistake in the checklist:
144 cards - perhaps the "10th common" box card will actually be included giving a 160 x 40 run, meaning 6,400 boxes all with ruby mojos.
1 in 24 packs - this may be a mistake or an unclarified statement, more likely the latter given that it is printed on the checklist twice, perhaps 9 boxes out of 10 will have a ruby mojo with the 10th containing the sapphire/emerald/black diamond mojo.
Limited to 40 - the run may be increased to accomodate their planned ratios, but this seems unlikely.

They don`t do starter packs in Elite so they must of made an error in there calculations ....

Back
Top Bottom