NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

Huge set, seems to be the norm these days. Terrible for master set collectors but in reality can they even exist anymore with 1/1 inserts?

As always, some nice new innovative ideas, hopefully the change up in the YG and LS signatures might see them hold more value like they should.

The golden ticket is a good concept like the treasure redemption from 02 Challenge although there were multiple of those. Unfortunately, like the #1 redemption's in 14 Elite and the 1/1 Jersey cards it will likely be hit by those who open large amounts of stock, I can't really see a way around this. Perhaps a competition open to collectors to win a master set might be more effective?

The low end concepts are fresh, thought maybe the captains theme was getting a bit tired as there hasn't been a significant change up in captains since last season. I don't mind the ruby mojo at one per box, value adds for the average collector but will also promote hoarding of individual players.

All in all it looks to be another decent release

I think you can still be a Master Set collector as even though you may never be able complete that is still your goal.

I like the set overall, but not a huge fan of an 2015 All Stars games used ball with a Thurston on it, The game used ball itself is OK but 3 years ago from a exhibition game doesn't hold any appeal too me. Something like a S.O.O ball with the series stats and a generic picture / design rather than a picture of Smith / Thurston I wold find more appealing.

Ross

I wonder if the ruby mojos are going to be randomly inserted or will make a team out of a case? You would think they would have to be random?
I imagine they will be random. If the thought process was to bring back the chase, then I doubt they would make it so easy as to put the whole team in one case. Might as well keep the mojo set together in one pack like before.

I think you can still be a Master Set collector as even though you may never be able complete that is still your goal.

I like the set overall, but not a huge fan of an 2015 All Stars games used ball with a Thurston on it, The game used ball itself is OK but 3 years ago from a exhibition game doesn't hold any appeal too me. Something like a S.O.O ball with the series stats and a generic picture / design rather than a picture of Smith / Thurston I wold find more appealing.

Ross
You would think there must be a reason they had to go all the way back to 2015 to find a ball. I think the concept is great but do agree it needs to be something more current, a ball from last years Grand Final for example, there would have been a few used....and it could fit into the Road to the Finals theme.

I just hope the inserts are a little more evenly distributed this time. I don't think anyone busted a sapphire/emerald or jersey sig from newsagent boxes at all last year, maybe not even the year before either.

I just hope the inserts are a little more evenly distributed this time. I don't think anyone busted a sapphire/emerald or jersey sig from newsagent boxes at all last year, maybe not even the year before either.

I know for a fact that Sapphire and Jersey sigs were busted from Newsagents boxes in NSW so it is not as stacked as you say it was ....

Just because no member on here busted one it doesn`t mean they weren`t busted off site ....

I haven't even busted a sig in Traders or Xtreme.

They could fix the problem by putting the case card in a packet in every case and guaranteeing that all are distributed evenly.

I have no issues with dealers cases having a higher end card or 2 as there needs to be incentives to support them.

In saying that, the product should be marketed and sold as hobby and retail with the latter being $6 per packet but no chance of hits greater than one per case

Last edited:
Me either! Bought heaps of loose packets and busted a couple of boxes. I know collectors fudge how many packs they buy to get a hit but the amount of people who seem to hit high ends box after box from the same geographical area is crazy.
It really does vary who and where the hits go to. I busted about 36 loose packs last year for 4 hits including 1 ruby mojo but the year before I only managed 1 hit from 22. Year before that I got 4 packs all complete duds and gave up.

It really does vary who and where the hits go to. I busted about 36 loose packs last year for 4 hits including 1 ruby mojo but the year before I only managed 1 hit from 22. Year before that I got 4 packs all complete duds and gave up.
Feel your pain, brought a box which was a complete dud, didn’t even have the captains cards lol $180 Box form commons and sliver Parallels argh.... ow well the thrill of the chase

Back
Top Bottom