Nrl 2010 cards

shane_sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
What would u like select to do this year for cards go the same route as the last couple of years or make some changes? if you have ideas post in this thread

Pretty much, anything but signatures, sketches and gems would be good to see. Its getting abit old after years of the same thing. For the second series, of course like many other collectors i would like to see some good top prospects/future force cards. Anything different would be good
Brplat

we need something different and the base set cards need to be jazzed up,so when you open that pack you go wow there awesome cards.You want to feel like you did when you were a kid.Dont know what but I hope we get some new card designs this year.

I would not mind seeing some subsets based around the Australian team or origin. Maybe get back to the old school signature sets, redemption card, COA and sig card.....like what was done previously by dynamic + a single redemption card that will redeem all 5 sets, now that would be very cool.

What about a honour roll subset again based on some early select series.....to be honest anything but foiled sketches, sketch and gem cards in the champs and the standard club player and TOTY in the series 2 cards.

:)

the fact that select will already have what they are doing for this year set in motion :whistle:this may help for future series :thumbsup:

this is what i would like to see:

Series 1:
144 commons action Pics on the card (9 cards per team)
144 Parallel cards (like 05 tradition)
36 SOO cards 17 players and coach cards of each team (6 per box)
16 marque players or players player cards 1 per team (3 per box)
8 top 8 team cards (1 per box)
1 Up and Coming Star Signature Card limited to 1000

Series 2
272 Commons Head shot pics which included the club player card with a special border or something (18 cards per team, 17 players 1 coach)
15 team of the year cards 1 for ea player on a field and 1 sub and 1 coach (5 per box)
18 Australian rep cards (3 per box)
16 top prospects/future force (1 per box)
Predictors (1 per box)
SOO Captains and Aust Capt jersey card (XL series style) (1 per 6 boxes)
Dally M Player of the year Sig Card (limited to 100)

Thoughts on that ??????

I'll put in a cheerleaders card for each team(except the rabbitohs,damn Crowes missus) they put in a hell of a lot of work each week,and were we not supposed to be supporting women of the NRL last year.I cant sleep been a stressful couple of days thank god for OCT.

all of that sound alot better then what we will get.
i still think we will get sig,sketch,gem,cpoty,poy cards
why will select change after champions and classic sold out

Dally M Player of the year Sig Card (limited to 100)
that card sound good for this years set dave lol :thumbsup:

Some of those ideas are fantastic.
really getting sick of the old sig, sketches etc.
I like the idea to have the sig redemption in series1 as in accolade, tradition etc.

Lets all hope that Select is ready for a change :thumbsup:

what about series 2 redemption maybe a SOO dual signature card ie. fullback - hayne and slater,hooker - farah and smith. also what about team photo cards. just some of my ideas.
what about a special redemption card maybe 1:25 where you actually get everycard tht was produced in that series maybe number for say top prospects tp1r to show that it is from a redeemed set

I like the idea of a Team photo card and as suggested 9 cards per team for S1.

Definatley State of Origin / Australian player cards

A redemption card that redeems the entire set.

In Series 1 maybe also a competition card for a box at the 2010 Grand Final between St George and whoever it is.

How about a get out of Jail subset honouring all those arrested in the previous year.

Perhaps a Classic moments in League sub set....Select could run this for years;

• Summons / Provan
  • Backdoor Benny hitting the crossbar to loose a GF.
  • Ainscough's legitamate head high penalty try tackle.
  • Barry Gomersell and his secret brown paper bag full of cash.
  • Boyds elbow...
  • Blacklock backflip...
  • Tallis hurling Hodgson etc etc etc

I have more idea's .......but I'll let you take these in first. :D

Cheers
Ross

another idea an insert set of the all star game. or a rare autograph card of both team captains and and man of match. maybe 1 of 100

for the champions: base set
rookie foil sig 1 in 6 pks(gone-1per box)
State of origin honours 1 per 12 packs
Australian team 1 per 18 packs
future force sig(at least 1 year NRL) 1 per 1 box
Dally M sig 1 per 3 boxes
2 case cards- one of statec of origin player of season & test player of season
your thought- put some value into champions. 09/10 cricket is a winner.steven

steven i like your ideas but the champions set needs more cards such as the foiled sigs or card of equivalent value, 1 in 6 packs. id like to see foiled signatures but of popular players like for the broncos have the foiled signatures as lockyer, folau and thaiday. and have them similar to the 2008 ones not the 2009 ones. i think they would be more of a hit if popular players were on them.

Back
Top Bottom