No more selling on ebay for me.

tagged

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
Ebay are charging 8% of the final price to list your items.
Don't forget they get about 2% via Pay Pal.
So they are banking 10% of all transactions.
I feel sorry the people trying to make a living on ebay, you can only hope buyers create a relationship with buyers and deal away from ebay.

Nothing wrong with eBay taking fees, it is after all a business. If people are so against eBay just move on and get an eCRATER account.

It doesn't cost any more to list an item that sells for $1 than a $1000 item.
I just opened an account with eCrater, thanks James. And I got the same user name so I can use my ebay rating.

I wish the listing fee was relative to the amount the listing is. We're selling cards here so it's just not worth moving on cheap GU's or parallels for $1 a card when they slug you 40c listing fee for BIN + final value fee + paypal fees = it actually costs you money to move the cards.

the bay is a croc, but so is ozcardtrader.. no one buys here either unless its a jordan auto for $50

the bay is a croc, but so is ozcardtrader.. no one buys here either unless its a jordan auto for $50

I'll give you $51 for a Jordan auto. Would that make you happy? The sellers on this site are far worse the then buyers on this site most of the time, trying to charge $2 for a base card that sells for 25 cents elsewhere.

Lol whats with all the hatin on OCT? Buyer beware at all times, people are trying to reclaim what they've spent, in my short time here I haven't seen one seller who wasn't at least open to a haggle/negotiation.

Really I am moving all my low end cards by auction now through FEEBAY and taking hits on the fees which is to be expected

If you really want to own FEEBAY we as buyers and sellers could all do mutual agreements to end transactions after buyer has received the item/s and get you're final value fees back to the seller.Which you could use to list more items to sell.

When I go to move my high end i will put them ridiculously high bins and wait for the offers... when the offers come in I will do them off FEEBAY my creating a manual invoice via paypal.

I lose out on a listing fee but the exposure is well worth it with the amount of views you get especially on EBAY.com

I've created a good relationship with ebay seller Bleacher Seats, the guy is fantastic. Buying cards unavailable to me, because I'm Australian, and onfowarding them to me at his profit. And I'm happy with that, I'm happy for the little guy to make a profit and not see ebay taking hand over fist. I'm hoping a long term relationship will benifit us both.

I don't sell on eBay anymore either mate.

I don't think that's the case. Show me a DeMarcus Cousins I don't have and I'll buy it.

I think sellers are part of the problem when they over price things. Example, there is a member on here who has a Patch card I want but won't let it go for less than $30 even though the same card with a better patch sold on eBay for US$9dlvd.

I don't sell on eBay anymore either mate.

I don't think that's the case. Show me a DeMarcus Cousins I don't have and I'll buy it.

I think sellers are part of the problem when they over price things. Example, there is a member on here who has a Patch card I want but won't let it go for less than $30 even though the same card with a better patch sold on eBay for US$9dlvd.

lol do you have a photobucket mate? I would like to see what cards you have for sale

Seriously this guy:

Dear mbm_bruce_123,

hey sorry, i never saw you were out of the US i usually dont ship out the US if still interested please add $8 more.
shipping for me international is $13 to australia. please lete me know thank you and sorry for confusion

- santosdegollado10

For 1 card and I've already paid him. What a joke.

Look there are good buyers and sh*t buyers.... also good sellers and sh*t sellers. After a while, you will know who are the good ones and who are the sh*t ones. Just deal with the good ones and ignore the sh*t ones.

No need to name and shame as everyone has their own opinions.

Back
Top Bottom