NHL Hockey Collectors

MMm. Personally I'd buy 2021-22 S2 at $75 a box. It's a deep rookie crop and someone will come out of that. I hate extended as a rule but 2021-22 also some reasonable names that could pop and those hobby boxes are $65. If they reduce 22-23 S2 to $100AUD I'd buy it. Still more expensive than the $54 USD it currently sells at but it's not too crazy. Preferably they'd have it at $80. I'd buy a case at that price. At $150AUD I'm not going near it.

23-24 S1 needs to be $150AUD. There's Hughes and Knies and a 0.0000001% chance at the Bedard SP which will steadily drop to be less than his base YG imo. The product should be $150 max. Not $200 odd.

Last edited:
These finally showed up. Guaranteed a Bedard in Star Rookies 😂. Also have 1 box of SPGU that shipped apparently. I didn't think release was until April. No idea if there's even CB autos. The net cord from his opening night game against Crosby would be an awesome one to get in the set.
20240318_225229.jpg

They must have released SPGU early. Very nicely done getting the two hobby boxes. I can't believe they were that cheap on pre-sale. I just paid $145 for 3 blasters - with the 20% Afterpay discount.

Think positive. Guaranteed base Bedard Star rookie and perhaps a colour one, or even an auto.

I'm close to done for a while. Got some big bills coming in the next two months. Tempted to sell the Bedard I pulled as my guess is they will settle at around $200USD. If I can get $400USD for it now that might be the plan. There's bound to be one in the 3 blasters. POE as well. :)

These finally showed up. Guaranteed a Bedard in Star Rookies 😂. Also have 1 box of SPGU that shipped apparently. I didn't think release was until April. No idea if there's even CB autos. The net cord from his opening night game against Crosby would be an awesome one to get in the set.
20240318_225229.jpg
I forgot about the 1/1 bounty. You are going to have to open those bud.

If it hasn't been hit get then it has to be in those boxes. I guess I'll have to rip them sometime this weekend. Also picked up a S2 tin from USSCA for $120 presale that just arrived. Those have 3-4 YGs and chance at the Black dazzlers. Probably better deal than what blasters are priced at.

Got my Bedard YG and 3 blasters. I opened one of the blasters and got 2 Young Guns, Kartye and Hunt.

I'll leave the other two unopened for as long as I can. Tossing up whether to grade the Bedard. Looks to have a better than 50/50 shot. The bottom left corner looks slightly iffy on it but quite a few of the other YG's have the same look but perhaps it's a trick of the colour. When you look side on it's straight. I'd be gambling $200 - express postage and quick turnaround - which would be a kick in the scroes if it came back in a PSA9. A PSA10 and it's worth it for sure.

The annoying thing with today's delivery was not getting the Bedard Checklist Young Guns card which I'd won in the random after the break. That's a card I would've sold today for $20.

Hopefully Cherry make me right on that.

BBD0F80A-1401-464C-A183-CDF2CB8E161A.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Bedard YG and 3 blasters. I opened one of the blasters and got 2 Young Guns, Kartye and Hunt.

I'll leave the other two unopened for as long as I can. Tossing up whether to grade the Bedard. Looks to have a better than 50/50 shot. The bottom left corner looks slightly iffy on it but quite a few of the other YG's have the same look but perhaps it's a trick of the colour. When you look side on it's straight. I'd be gambling $200 - express postage and quick turnaround - which would be a kick in the scroes if it came back in a PSA9. A PSA10 and it's worth it for sure.

The annoying thing with today's delivery was not getting the Bedard Checklist Young Guns card which I'd won in the random after the break. That's a card I would've sold today for $20.

Hopefully Cherry make me right on that.

BBD0F80A-1401-464C-A183-CDF2CB8E161A.jpeg
Congrats on the Bedard!! Yeah the bottom left corner throws you off with the colour fade. My Edvinsson YG has the same effect. I didn't pull a single CB in 2 Hobby boxes and a tin. I'll have to go back through them all but I'm pretty sure I didn't even get anywhere close to even 20% of value back. The best cards were a Leo Carlsson YG and Nugent-Hopkins orange highlighters. One hobby box had 3 clearcuts but none are of a decent name or YG.

20231128_151322.jpg

Bummer. At least it's 20% from a $200 box and not a $500 or even a $400 box. Getting $200 back from a $1,000 is a sickening feeling.

Some people get lucky and pull Bedard in blasters and then others open 8 hobby boxes and nothing. You'll be able to get him for $300USD in the off season - maybe not $200USD as I initially thought but they will not sit at $450USD for the next 6 months. And because the release price was so high there won't be investors sitting on tons of sealed wax strangling supply. Should be plenty of them in a few months time.

Hope you hit one with your next try, or if you're going to buy one wait for June. Should be about the bottom then I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom