NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

My Broncos are looking good, Manning is unstoppable at the moment. 16 TDs in 4 games with 0 Int.

Clearly the Superbowl favourites. In every key statistical category on offence they are stratospheres ahead of everyone else...

Yeah I can't see any team being able to stop the Broncos Offense to be honest (unless injuries start to occur of course). The closest a Defense might come would maybe be the Seahawks, but after the Texans game I highly doubt that. Hopefully for the Raiders sake Manning will retire after this season if he wins another SB... :whistle:

Some good games this week and I have only watched half of them so far. I hate to say this but the NFC is quite weak this season compared to the AFC.

Yeah he didn't look so good against a fairly average Redskins.

He is probably the highest paid 3rd string QB right now! Thankfully when he was traded for McKenzie restructured his Contract so it was essentially a 1-year deal with little salary cap ramifications if he is cut this off-season.

I think they are being a little hard on him. Wasn't that only his 3rd start in the NFL?

Yep third career start - the same as Pryor now. All the Raiders QB's on the roster have started for less than half a season combined so far! I'm not sure I would say it is hard, he did look that bad though. I remember right from the beginning of the pre-season there were rumors that numerous personal within the Raiders thought McGloin was the best QB on this team and was a real diamond in the rough QB that should have been starting from week 1. Flynn has had a real knock on him that he wasn't a hardworker also who didn't want to put the hard yards in to get better and good enough to become a starter in the NFL (not sure if the Seahawks saw this also).

It will be interesting to see how things go. I would think Pryor will be given this year to show what he can do with McGloin only seeing time with Pryor gets injured again. Flynn I think will be gone at seasons end (easily cut after this season) and would surprise me to see him re-sign with the Packers to be Rodgers backup again (the two of them have a really strong relationship) as I don't see many (if any) other teams taking me on as a starter.

Josh Freeman has been released by the Buccs

The way the team has treated Freeman lately has not gone down to well with the NFLPA and the Buc's are being investigated. Could get very messy. It also appears that Schiano is not very popular coach at all with a lot of the players at the Buc's including Revis. I wonder if he will last much longer himself.

Just a few days ago, the Jaguars traded their starting LT Eugene Monroe to enable Luke Joeckel to play his more natural position at LT... during the first quarter he Joeckel broke his ankle and looks to now be out for the year. That is some bad luck for the Jaguars!!

Awesome to see the Patriots loose (I really hate the Patriots!) and the Cowboys are giving the Broncos a run for their money so far...

Back
Top Bottom